What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Mass Grass 2018

Mr. Greengenes

Re-incarnated Senior Member
ICMag Donor
Veteran
picture.php

My HS biology teacher wrote that book. Think it was published in '72. He's well know in Boston area horticulture under another name. Peter Oakum is a pen name.

Glad I found this thread, I'm a Masshole too. I grew my first crop outdoors in Sharon Mass in 1968.

AgentPothead

Just this guy, ya know?
View Image

My HS biology teacher wrote that book. Think it was published in '72. He's well know in Boston area horticulture under another name. Peter Oakum is a pen name.

Glad I found this thread, I'm a Masshole too. I grew my first crop outdoors in Sharon Mass in 1968.
That book is kind of hard to track down now a days, but I found a pdf that is the first 14 or so page of it. Unfortunately that's like only a third of the total book :(

Mr. Greengenes

Re-incarnated Senior Member
ICMag Donor
Veteran
You're right about that AgentPothead, matter of fact I think I got one of the last copies when I realized it was out of print. I actually have another copy somewhere around that Peter gave me years ago, but can't find it.

I should take pics of the pages and upload here, eh?

redlaser

Veteran
I went out to the green house today to find one almost dead from unexplainable death. This plant was perfectly healthy on Tuesday and basically dead today.

View Image

Looks like a pythium victim, maybe botrytis.

The stem damage is an indicator, along with way it uniformly wilted.

Usually accompanies excess moisture.

AgentPothead

Just this guy, ya know?
You're right about that AgentPothead, matter of fact I think I got one of the last copies when I realized it was out of print. I actually have another copy somewhere around that Peter gave me years ago, but can't find it.

I should take pics of the pages and upload here, eh?
Dood if you can find that and get it scanned, that would be a great boon to the new england growing community, I think.

Capt.Ahab

Feeding the ducks with a bun.
Veteran
I had that book . I remember it well.
Lent it and another written by Mountain Girl to someone in the mid eighties and never saw either book again.

caliprop215

Veteran
I had a plant do that earlier this year. Same as yours. No idea wat it was.

Mine definitely was not excess moisture....outdoor water every 3 days all other plants perfect

Stinkhorn123

Anyone else in Ma. Having problems with the leaf spot disease? Once again everyone I know here in the Berkshire’s is experiencing it to one degree or another. Fortunately things are drying out a bit here so hopefully we can keep it in check.

OvergrowDaWorld

$$ ALONE $$
Veteran
Green Cure. Spray that on the nice days. Only a week or 2 left and no more spraying anything. My plants are on about day 14 flower.

dufous

It's a tree frog. It has the ability to change its skin color. On the swamp maple trees, it turns green to match the lichen on the bark. In other environments the color is grey or brown.

Capt.Ahab

Feeding the ducks with a bun.
Veteran
Its actually a Spring Peeper.
The X on it's back is the giveaway.
We have tons of them here.
On a misty evening if I leave the outside light on there will be dozens of them on the door and glass.

OG_NoMan

Not Veteran
The past week has sucked balls as far as life is concerned but trying to move forward. Sprayed jacks bug spray 3 days ago for the last time. Haven't been able to water in anything as this rain has kept it pretty wet around here, hopefully it dries out for fall. Everything is flowering except the one fem that I have guessed all along is blue dream cross of some sort. Still gotta get some trellis up hopefully this weekend.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

The lone non flower plant
picture.php