What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Found the setup really difficult...

Got all my equipment but found it really hard to setup....

got this done though.. what you guys think?

Last edited:

MrBungle

Now before you put any plants in there, go inside and zip it up with the big light off and your eyes closed for 5 minutes (at least) (think happy thoughts)

Then open your eyes and look around the tent... look to see if the seams are light tight and there aren't any light sources from the outside leaking in..

also power strips with lights, and any gadget that has a power on light needs black electrical tape to cover over the light...

Good luck

Now before you put any plants in there, go inside and zip it up with the big light off and your eyes closed for 5 minutes (at least) (think happy thoughts)

Then open your eyes and look around the tent... look to see if the seams are light tight and there aren't any light sources from the outside leaking in..

also power strips with lights, and any gadget that has a power on light needs black electrical tape to cover over the light...

Good luck

Already done that thank you :D I did that from the inside out and the outside in... Only issue i found is i need to keep passive intake open and light is leaking out due to that.... what can i do ?

starke

Run appropriately sized flex duct through your intakes and cinch the tent flange tight around the duct. Put a long 180 degree bend in both the inside and outside ends. Worked like a charm for me:

picture.php

justanotherbozo

Veteran
Already done that thank you :D I did that from the inside out and the outside in... Only issue i found is i need to keep passive intake open and light is leaking out due to that.... what can i do ?

..light leaking out won't effect the plants so if there isn't anyone with prying eyes then light leaking out of the tent is no big whoop.

...oh, and welcome to the hobby, may your results far exceed your expectations.

peace, bozo

(light leaking in can cause hermies, light leaking out can get you noticed but it won't cause any problems with your plants.)

troutman

Seed Whore
If there's a light in the room a light leak from your grow tent won't be an issue.

Unless you have the curtains open and the World can look in that is.

I sometimes leave my entire door open during daytime.

GOT_BUD?

Weed is a gateway to gardening
ICMag Donor
Veteran
..light leaking out won't effect the plants so if there isn't anyone with prying eyes then light leaking out of the tent is no big whoop.

...oh, and welcome to the hobby, may your results far exceed your expectations.

peace, bozo

(light leaking in can cause hermies, light leaking out can get you noticed but it won't cause any problems with your plants.)

Uh, light leaking out is where light can leak in when the interior lights are off.

justanotherbozo

Veteran
Uh, light leaking out is where light can leak in when the interior lights are off.

...'can' is a big word bro, i explained that light leaking IN can cause problems with the plants and light leaking out will not cause problems with the plants.

...so, as in my own case, if you set your tent up in a spare room that you keep relatively dark there won't be much light in the room to leak into the tent while any light leaking out of the tent will only cause a problem if it draws unwanted attention.

...so telling me 'water is wet' is kind of a waste Captain Obvious, lol.

bozo

GOT_BUD?

Weed is a gateway to gardening
ICMag Donor
Veteran
...'can' is a big word bro, i explained that light leaking IN can cause problems with the plants and light leaking out will not cause problems with the plants.

...so, as in my own case, if you set your tent up in a spare room that you keep relatively dark there won't be much light in the room to leak into the tent while any light leaking out of the tent will only cause a problem if it draws unwanted attention.

...so telling me 'water is wet' is kind of a waste Captain Obvious, lol.

bozo

That would be Major Obvious, bozo.

I got a promotion!:biggrin:

Only reason I brought it up because most folks don't realize the opposite is true. What's obvious to you and me is not so obvious to new growers.

MrBungle

Do you have a fresh air intake set up at the bottom?

For veg you could probably get away with opening the rectangular flaps at the bottom, but for flower that might let in light...

It would be easy to do something like what starke posted on the first page of this thread with the light trapped flexible duct intake

Latest posts

Latest posts