What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Tropical Mix Identification

gr8fulguitr

Sorry for all the posts. Those pics of TS5,6 are at 26 days in flower.

I enjoy all the posts. Espec. the two plants next to each other. I would not know what they are but I love the comparison.
I think once they get flowering dubi will ID them.

My grow is legal rec but i try to be stealth as if it was still 1984.:biggrin:

:kewlpics:

SolarLogos

Thanks very much gr8fulguitr. This is an exciting grow, not knowing what is in the mix packs. Hoping for something without ceiling, but also no paranioa. Keeping my fingers crossed!
Peace

gr8fulguitr

And super cool with the sativa VB leaning OE. happy for ya!
I had an China leaning OE male that i used to pollinate some girls. OE is my wife's current fav smoke

I really like the mix packs to change things up, about every 5th grow i like a surprise with an 'unknown' seed.

SolarLogos

And super cool with the sativa VB leaning OE. happy for ya!
I had an China leaning OE male that i used to pollinate some girls. OE is my wife's current fav smoke

I really like the mix packs to change things up, about every 5th grow i like a surprise with an 'unknown' seed.

Thank you for the kind words. This will be my first OE, so I'm pretty excited about it leaning VB, I've never tried either. I think I will try some OE female on my next order so as to compare this grow to.
How did the crosses turn out that you made with the male? I had a 3rd plant that I believe was the brother to the two VB leaning OE. He was about 4 foot tall, nice structure, very healthy male that I collected pollen from. About half way through collecting it, he started flowering female. Oh well. Can't wait to see how these other two ladies taste after a nice cure.
Peace

gr8fulguitr

Here is the ACE mix reg male, China expression OE.

It had a sweet creamy smell to the main stem rub, I have never since found that smell again.

Here is a mid flower pic of the Auto CBG crossed with that male.
It is in a 3 liter soil container.

In final flower,This one had an overpowering sweet and sour smell, almost toxic in nature. after three month cure the smell is a mild fruity.

I live in a studio apt, garden is a tent, I have just put up a bigger tent. I am going with taller tropical plants now.

SolarLogos

Here is the ACE mix reg male, China expression OE.
[URL=https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=65879&pictureid=1566562&thumb=1]View Image[/URL]
It had a sweet creamy smell to the main stem rub, I have never since found that smell again.

Here is a mid flower pic of the Auto CBG crossed with that male.
It is in a 3 liter soil container.
[URL=https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=65879&pictureid=1855757&thumb=1]View Image[/URL]
In final flower,This one had an overpowering sweet and sour smell, almost toxic in nature. after three month cure the smell is a mild fruity.

I live in a studio apt, garden is a tent, I have just put up a bigger tent. I am going with taller tropical plants now.
Thanks for stopping by gr8fulguitr. I don't have a lot of knowledge regarding CBG strains. I have read a little about CBG health benefits. That is interesting that you crossed the OE male with it. Were you specifically looking for OE or a similar strain to cross her with? I'm hoping learn something from you and I know this is not the proper forum to ask questions about CBG's. Was there a specific medical benefit you were looking for and how were the effects of the plant? If so, I pray you get the benefits you are looking for.
Again, thanks for stopping by my friend. That is a mighty handsome couple you have there! I've got new pics today of my two Vietnamese Black leaning OE pheno that I took and will be posting updates in about an hour!
Peace

SolarLogos

Viet Black pheno TS3 in day 74 flower

Viet Black pheno TS3 in day 74 flower

Greetings friends and fellow growers!
Today I'm in day 74 flower for my tropical sativas #'s 2&3 (TS2, TS3), which Dubi has kindly identified (Thank you!) as the Vietnamese Black pheno from the OE line (still can't believe my luck). I certainly don't have much experience on growing pure sativas, but my thoughts are that these are pretty much done flowering and it's just a matter of ripening to fit my liking. I could be wrong, but either way, I would love to have as many chime in with their thought on it. The more ideas the better, especially since there is no wrong answer to this question. Also, I haven't tried a Vietnamese Black, nor had a chance to grow Ace's OE, so any thoughts on the high regarding an early, vs later pick? I guess I'll eventually find out as some of the lower buds aren't as mature as the tops. Here are a few close ups of TS3. I will post TS2 next, which is also in day 74.
Peace
Mainly I came to this conclusion because they appear to have stopped foxtailing and producing new hairs. The remaining white hairs will be withered soon I'm sure.
There are no more clear trichomes that I can see. It's about 10-15% amber trichomes and about half of the milky ones are just starting to change from a cloudy to more of a dirty clear.

SolarLogos

TS2 day 74 flower

TS2 day 74 flower

Here is TS2, the sister to the Vietnamese Black pheno above.

Same information applies above regarding flower development, trichome color, etc.
So, what do you think? Again, I have mostly been growing indica/leaning hybrids, but my gut tells me its close, but not quite there yet.

Thanks for stopping by.
Peace

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Hi SolarLogos,

Both look enough ripe to me. Have a great harvest time!

SolarLogos

Entering WK 11 of flower

Entering WK 11 of flower

Greetings fellow growers.

Here are the last two sativa's that I started back in Feb, just finishing week 10 of flower. There is not a lot of smell to them, but #5 smells like freshly juiced wheat grass with a slight citrus smell. #6 is more earthy and slightly floral. Like I mentioned before, the structure of the flowers are totally different. Any idea what they are and how much more time they need? Any help is always appreciated. The Vietnamese Black is still curing, so I will give a smoke report when it is ready. Thank you very much for stopping by.
Peace

Here is #5

Here is #6

SolarLogos

There is one identifying characteristic that I forgot to mention and that is the calyxes on both plants are very tiny, the smallest I've ever seen. They have been swelling for a week or so, but very small none the less. Kind of makes me think Honduran?
Thanks again for stopping by.
Peace, God Bless

SolarLogos

TS-6

TS-6

Here is TS-6. The branches and small buds run vertical to the stock, whereas, the TS-5 has horizontal buds that stick out sideways. Don't know if that makes for a different pheno type? They do look quite different, TS-5 being short fat buds, whereas TS-6 is long buds that branch out bigger at the bottom of the buds.

Slebban

Heya,

hopping on to this thread.
I have a trop mix fem at around week 12, 11/13. Buds are still pushing some new pistils but theres quite alot of amber trichomes. Mind says its to early to harvest based on days of flowering, but gut still uncertain.
Any opinions?
All the best,
S
Tropmix 1.jpeg

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Welcome @Slebban to our room on ICMag and thanks for choosing ACE genetics :yes:

Looks like a Malawi hybrid to me. Could you describe her terpene profile in detail ?
It would help me to identify her genetics in a more accurate way.

Slebban

Welcome @Slebban to our room on ICMag and thanks for choosing ACE genetics :yes:

Looks like a Malawi hybrid to me. Could you describe her terpene profile in detail ?
It would help me to identify her genetics in a more accurate way.
Hey Dubi, thanks for the response and greeting. I dismissed the plant after harvest because of the high amount of amber trichomes, fast flowering and medium yield. The plant was left untrimmed in a paper bag and forgot about it for about five months without testing it.
Stumbling upon the post again it recalled the memory of the plant and decided to check it out and roll one.
Smell of dried buds is sour but not totally lemon or lime. Altso earthy but not quite. Cannot really place it. Slight parsnip. But fresh somehow.

ace.png

After about four five big hits on a poorly rolled joint.

Effect in chronological order:
Racy heart
Dry mouth
Increased sensory perception
Mentally immobilized
Music feels like what melting looks like, slowed down and chopped
Vision gets sharper
Color from computer screen seems to creep out
Introvert
Start to slightly freezing
Smiling til my cheeks hurt
Sense of time is completely out of order

Intense for about the first hour or so, then gradually coming down, and pretty normal after about four hours. No crash at all.
Fantastic smoke.

This clip put a golden edge to the smoking experience:

All the best,
S