What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Panama X Malawi and GreenPCK X Panama under LEDs

ULMW

Lovely results Koondense!! Glad the early sample holds for 3 hours and is potent night time meds. Enjoy!! Happy harvest and Thanks for sharing your grow and photos. Lovely work!! Much appreciated!

Koondense

Veteran
Who said night time? :D
Actually I think the high still has some untamed character which is better for evening smoking, the "body hitters" are a whole another league and have much stronger body relaxing effects compared to this hybrid which is "sativa dom" in the high department. The early sample could be defined as 70:30 sativa:indica high type, in my opinion.

I'm interested to see how this will compare to the next one which is the purple PCK X Panama. Waiting the seed to pop.
Also farmerlion has both of these in a greenhouse, can't wait for the proper show to start ;)

Cheers

Koondense

Veteran
Last update,
the plants are harvested at the last possible time, right after 9 weeks of 12/12.

Last photo of Panalawi

picture.php

This girl was surprisingly fast to flower, would need another week or two but the conditions deteriorated quickly and they had 35°C day temperatures and 27°C at nights, the natural consequence was budrot. Had to clean a bit but in the end less than 3% was lost, so perfect timing for harvesting.
Hopefully the cuts will make some roots and there will be another round for the Panalawi.

Her smell is very particular, reminds me of what should be a Durban poison kind of dark liquorice smell, herbal, oily and lemony. A very dangerous smelling profile, I love it for that :)
An early test smoke gave me the impression this needs some curing but right after two days in a jar, the smoke is already smoother and more gentle but still packing some raw punch to the lungs, the resin content is very high. The effect is still raw but potent and somehow friendly pleasant, lasts for 3 hours.
I'm very pleased with Panalawi, great growth and production, very interesting terpenes and potency. If the cloning succeeds, this will stay in my selection of keepers.

PCKpurple x Panama showed the tail and I hope(although not really optimistic) she can make it above the ground in this hottest week of the year.

Cheers

Sticky Sat

Hello Koondense ! :)
This is a stunningly beautiful lady my friend !
Congratulations for this perfectly tuned grow and many thanks for sharing it with us ! :tiphat:

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Lovely results Koondense :) and she matured very fast for a pure sativa of this kind!

Glad you are satisfied so far with her terpene profile and resin production.
Her yield and flower/leaf ratio seem to be very good too. :yes:

Panama, Malawi and their hybrids really need a good drying and curing process to offer their best qualities. Hope you manage to keep clones of her for future grows!

TychoMonolyth

Boreal Curing
Last update,
the plants are harvested at the last possible time, right after 9 weeks of 12/12.

Last photo of Panalawi

View Image
This girl was surprisingly fast to flower, would need another week or two but the conditions deteriorated quickly and they had 35°C day temperatures and 27°C at nights, the natural consequence was budrot. Had to clean a bit but in the end less than 3% was lost, so perfect timing for harvesting.
Hopefully the cuts will make some roots and there will be another round for the Panalawi.

Her smell is very particular, reminds me of what should be a Durban poison kind of dark liquorice smell, herbal, oily and lemony. A very dangerous smelling profile, I love it for that :)
An early test smoke gave me the impression this needs some curing but right after two days in a jar, the smoke is already smoother and more gentle but still packing some raw punch to the lungs, the resin content is very high. The effect is still raw but potent and somehow friendly pleasant, lasts for 3 hours.
I'm very pleased with Panalawi, great growth and production, very interesting terpenes and potency. If the cloning succeeds, this will stay in my selection of keepers.

PCKpurple x Panama showed the tail and I hope(although not really optimistic) she can make it above the ground in this hottest week of the year.

Cheers
Damn... that great flower. Great job Koondense.

Koondense

Veteran
Time flies like crazy!
I'm back with the Panalawi clone, keeping her alive after I lost my lovely lady Pangi :(
Anyway, life goes on and here's my latest Panalawi run, a bit of an impro grow so the results won't be as nice as with the seed plant.
Close to chop, Panalawi

A couple of weeks ago
picture.php

Latest situation(9th week)

picture.php

The smell is same as the mother, bitterish lemon and liquorice with hint of oils and piney menthol in the background.

I love Panalawi :)

Cheers

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Hi Koondense,

Sorry to hear you lost your beloved Pangi mother, but Panama x Malawi is an excellent replacement for her. Glad you to see you are about to harvest another cycle of her! :)

Consolidated

You have a wonderful Panlawi there Koon.
I enjoy both strains Pangi and Panlawi more than all the others,and I found the smell of Panlawi -when I crack her jar- similar to Vicks vapo Rab...
But to be honest, i don't grow cannas for their taste or smell...i am after potency and effects. And both strains shines through smoking or vaping.
Cheers .

Koondense

Veteran
Hey good people of IC,
I'm about to start my next summer cycle and have some seeds by Ace to try. The trouble is the summer is crazy hot and my space has no AC.
So the point is to pick the most heat and botrytis resistant vrieties, you can help me pick the best two ones you believe would do the job.

My options:

Panama
Panalawi (panama x malawi)
Pangi (panama x bangi haze)
Killer A5
Nevil's x Malawi
Tikal
Oaxaca x Panama
Thai x Panama
Zamaldelica
Panama x Original Haze(reg)

... I believe there are some more in my collection but let's focus on these. So far my preferred ones would be Thai x Panama and Oaxaca x Panama but I saw in canna.ballistic's journal he had some trouble with high humidity and mold issues with his Thai x Panama outdoors.
Next would be Zamaldelica as I'm dying to try her soon.
Can't go over 14 weeks of flowering for various reasons.

What do you think and what would you like to see me growing next?

Cheers

Koondense

Veteran
Hey dwd,
I guess the oaxacan cross is mandatory, the killer hazes I have my doubts because they look pretty fat, so maybe will be easier for them to mold or rot. Of the two I feel Nevil's would be better for this period.
However the climate forecast for this summer is not so devastating as last year, so maybe any of those in the list will be ok to grow.
Hard to decide, as always :)

Still open to suggestions.

"Panama
Panalawi (panama x malawi)
Pangi (panama x bangi haze)
Killer A5
Nevil's x Malawi
Tikal
Oaxaca x Panama
Thai x Panama
Zamaldelica
Panama x Original Haze(reg)"

Cheers

G

Hi Koon!

1 more vote for the oaxaca x panama !Nev's x malawi is another suggestion(the a5 cross could be risky for mould,went great for me though).I would also guess that pangi is more resistant than panamala .Zam ...The zam/thai phenos can go long but are resistant,orfeas had a beast though that did mould on him...

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Hi Koondense,

Quite difficult to choose with such a sativa lineup :D
I would go for Oaxaca x Panama, Killer A5 Haze and Super Malawi Haze,
and Zamaldelica too, especially if it is the fem version.

deepwaterdude

Hi Koondense,

Quite difficult to choose with such a sativa lineup :D
I would go for Oaxaca x Panama, Killer A5 Haze and Super Malawi Haze,
and Zamaldelica too, especially if it is the fem version.

Great minds and all:biggrin:

I'm one of the few who hasn't run the Panalawi or Pangis that everyone raves about. Panama Haze, y'all already know that's my skinny girl grail;)

Koondense

Veteran
Go slow guys, now I just want to grow them all :D

I guess Oaxaca x Panama will certainly be there and I'm still thinking about the Super Malawi haze. Zamaldelica is a new one for me but is on my to-do list since I first heard of her.
I got the fem version so probably a bit faster compared to the regular version.

I'll probably have the Oaxaca x Panama + Zamaldelica in one tent and will throw a Super Malawi Haze in the other space along with some Mullum crosses. Forgot to tell you about them ;)

Great minds seem to love sativas ;)

Have a great weekend!

Cheers

Koondense

Veteran
Ok, finally the beans are soaking.

The lineup will be Oax-Pan + Thai-Pan and Zamaldelica. They will have some Beast Lime Madness and Lime Madness plants for company.
Thinking about going with 25l or even 40l smart pots instead of regular 18l plastic pots. They seem to be a better choice especially for summer months.
But with such sativas I'm not so comfortable giving them too much root space when growing indoors, so will probably stick with 25l max.

Let the fun begin :)

Cheers

Theorganicguy

Ok, finally the beans are soaking.

The lineup will be Oax-Pan + Thai-Pan and Zamaldelica. They will have some Beast Lime Madness and Lime Madness plants for company.
Thinking about going with 25l or even 40l smart pots instead of regular 18l plastic pots. They seem to be a better choice especially for summer months.
But with such sativas I'm not so comfortable giving them too much root space when growing indoors, so will probably stick with 25l max.

Let the fun begin :)

Cheers

Subbed :huggg: It's going to be a pleasure watching you grow those tropical monsters :biggrin:

Koondense

Veteran
Thanks Theo,
meanwhile the seeds are starting to sprout, Zamaldelica is the most vigorous, next is Thai-Pan, Oax-Pan is still sleeping :)
There's also a Malawi x NL Auto for a friend's outdoor, hopefully she'll be treated well.

I'll soon start a fresh thread for this summer session.

Cheers