What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Gene Traders Ludlow Mass Sunday Jan 14th

Ok, so i've been doing a little research. It seems that some of the nutrients i have are organic and/or can be used in organic soil: Floralicious Plus, Armor Si (Silica), Unsulphured Blackstrap Molasses, Alaska Fish Emulsion (Basically the same as GH BioMarine), Xtreme Mykos, Neem Oil, etc. I also plan on making a compost tea brewer. Also the soil has tons of nutrients and i just bought a bag of Fox Farm Ocean Forest for my clones and for when they become mothers.

Also, GH claims you can use the flora series in soil and according to a lot of people on different forums, it works great with soil if you use the lucas formula which i'm using. Is this all bullshit, because i don't want to fuck up my plants.

I was originally going to go with coco and perlite or coco and growstones, but last minute changed my mind when i saw how nice the coast of maine stonington platinum growers mix was and mainly because i do not feel like watering my plants multiple times a day with coco. I'm assuming most people use drip systems or something? I can't imagine having to hand water and feed a bunch of plants by hand multiple times a day.

When i have the money i think i might just go Hydro because it seems easier and because of the bigger yield. But on the other hand i could go with coco/perlite or go full organic with soil and nutes. Ahhhhh so many choices to make it almost makes my head explode lol.

AgentPothead

Just this guy, ya know?
If I'm reading that instagram right it says the next event is February 3rd next year and it will be an "expo" sized event. Whatever that means :D

Zeez

---------------->
ICMag Donor
picture.php

Chunkypigs

passing the gas
Veteran
That seems like a bad idea.

Connecticut isn't recreational, nor is it a liberal medical state, it does not offer reciprocity to out-of-state patients either.

I guess if the best you can do is a secret open field in Mass maybe this is an improvement.:biggrin:

I can't understand why he doesn't go back to the biker place or tetra hydro club they were safe and easy.

did anyone go to the freedom rally, were there any seed/clone/flower sales in the open there?

Scrappy-doo

Seriously? Are people gonna be bringing their clones and flowers to and fro CT? Mother of bad ideas right there. Wallingford cops gonna have a field day. This one I gotta just say no to.

yardgrazer

Agreed, don't want to poop on anyone's hard work setting the event up, but I'd think twice about going to that event and coming home with anything if you live out of state. I've been to Wallingford, it's a big suburb of NH, but it didn't strike me as a place with ton of foot traffic that you could easily disappear into.

On a brighter note it is a stones throw from world class apizza. Thinking about it I have a few ideas on how an individual person with a concealable # of cuts could make it a bit safer, don't want to post it in public though.

Zeez

---------------->
ICMag Donor
Tetra Hydro was the best location. No heat and easy for people coming up from Ct and NY.

Cannabologist

Veteran
Nutes are nutes. Stop listening momos online who grow crappy weed and don't understand square one what fertilizer is and means. Learn some science, REAL horticulture, not crap anti-science "organics is the best maaaannnn" lies from stupid hippies on forums lying to you :comfort:

You're SO fucked man. You want to grow better??? Never listen to shit said on forums and stay off the net.

I've been using organic soil/medium: Coast of Maine Stonington Blend Platinum Grower's Mix (Great stuff but pricey at $30 per 1.5 cu ft), Roots Organic Coco Coir and Roots Organics Coarse Perlite. I also used a 2 cu ft bag of Coco Loco for the first month or so because at the Gene Traders event all they had for soil was that or a small bag of Happy Frog.

I need some more soil right now, so i'm grabbing a bag of Fox Farm Ocean Forest because it's only like $18 a bag and i've heard stuff about it.

I have a couple questions though if someone could help me out. I've heard some people on the forum saying that using non-organic nutrients destroys the microbial life and other stuff and that if your going to use organic soil, then you should use organic nutes like EWC, Bat Guano, Lobster/Crab Meal, Kelp Meal, Lime, Compost teas, Mykos, etc. It seems like almost all good soil and most soil in general is organic so this seems weird to me.

Now, the problem is i am using the GH lineup with the lucas formula except a few tweaks: Flora Micro, Flora Bloom, Armor Si, CaliMagic, Floralicious Plus, Liquid Kool Bloom, Dry Kool Bloom (later in flowering only), Epsom Salt, Unsulphured Blackstrap Molasses. I do also use organics sometimes like Alaska Fish Emulsion and EWC. Am i destroying anything by using non-organics mostly?

Another question i have is it best to make your own soil mix? I've heard some people on here say it makes a huge difference and it costs less. I've seen several recipes but doe anyone have a recipe or know what is a good mix?

ALso i've heard debates about flushing your plant every so often,but some people say to never do it except for right before harvest because is can cause deficiencies. Though other people argue you need to get rid of the salts often by flushing. Does anyone have an opinion on this?

It'sunny how everyone has opposite opinions on almost everything on here lol.

Cheers!

Zeez

---------------->
ICMag Donor
People will go there to trade anyway. If goes wrong the events will be targeted in the future.

I don't get it.

We should do a forum swap at a hospitable venue.

hyposomniac

It seems not so long ago that I used to park at the movies and walk to the only hydro shop in the yellow pages, because of the popular rumor at the time that state cops would take down plate numbers at the hydro shop. I swear I did indeed see one parked there once.

So I would rather not show my face around here at such an event.
I think CT is anti home grows because they want their shitty med program to succeed.
There's also an election coming up with one guy on the anti legalization side. If this event gets media hype..
Idk I see too many bad scenarios.

Scrappy-doo

I used to always do the same thing at Harvest Moon till I learned to pull around the back to load up my gear. Tiny little shop but stuffed to the gills they always had what I need and dude always hooked me up with the discount.

jab72

are you talking about the old Worm's Way out near Worcester? I bought my first HPS there...fond memories!

I had heard several stories (urban rumors?) about the dangers of buying goods at WW. The last one I heard was that 2 young men came in and bought a whole grow room's supply $2K+ and left only to be stopped a few miles away. The story said that an employee made the call to the cop house. I kind of had my doubts as to why a retail store would even care as their business is to sell goods and collect $. But I was in HTG several years ago and I mentioned to the mgr that I had inherited a light from a grower and was told under no circumstance if I mentioned the Marijuana name again that I would have to leave. Another time I was in a Keene smoke shop and said that's a nice looking bong. We were told to leave. Needless to say I never would go back.