What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Fusarium Spp.

moose eater

Sounds like a well-thought-out air exchange system you set up. My shop is simply a large room that I partitioned into two rooms: veg and flower. Exterior-grade doors. I then punched through the dividing wall at opposite ends with 8" fans, one in and one out, and very short runs of ducting; just enough to make the veg area light proof. These are filtered through Merv13 12" filters. That's about all there is to my air exchange down there.

Sealed rooms are the way to go in my area for several reasons. I have to run a mini-split and CO2 supplementation, of course. I fill water tanks from elsewhere in the basement, so there is a bit of outside air exchange while that happens, every 3rd day or so.

You're probably better off with your old trusty fan than a new one. So many things are built to fail in a short time now. Always good to have a back up though. Very Alaskan trait there. Murphy is indeed a rat bastard.

Forgot to mention I use hypochlorous acid to clean the rooms, and ran an ozone gennie overnight in there when I had it emptied out.
My replacement fan isn't much older than the old one that's in place and running; same time frame within a few years of each other.

Otherwise, the old one's functioning fine, though it isn't rated to work with a rheostat the way the unused spare is..

But when I unplug the one that is in use, so folks who are working in the vicinity won't notice the peculiar air configurations there, when I plug it back in, there's sometimes an ever-so-slight, barely telling sort of a whistle to it for a brief time period.

20 years is a long time for a bearing to run more or less around the clock, whether on a motor vehicle, or a fan, or....

topcolas

How does that help with fusarium?
contains diff species of aerobic, anaerobic, and facultative bacteria. its much more effective than other hydro or ag products. It protects and produces healthy roots. Healthy plants can suppress Fusarium even if it is present in the growing area. Foliar spraying trace elements or insect frass / worm casting tea boosts plant immune system as well.

dreadvik

So peeps any new news on this? Most garden forums say abandon that space and all hope lol!

I've scrubbed down yet again and going to give o3 a blast and then trichaderma and canna cure a go.

I can with some nursing get cuttings to root and survive and flower. Usually spraying stems once they are effective and keeping plant health 💯 strains that have been with me a while show more resistance than new strains. Most seedlings hate it. They pop up root then slow and die :( guess the spores are hardening and surviving till the time is right.

bloyd

Veteran
So peeps any new news on this? Most garden forums say abandon that space and all hope lol!

I've scrubbed down yet again and going to give o3 a blast and then trichaderma and canna cure a go.

I can with some nursing get cuttings to root and survive and flower. Usually spraying stems once they are effective and keeping plant health 💯 strains that have been with me a while show more resistance than new strains. Most seedlings hate it. They pop up root then slow and die :( guess the spores are hardening and surviving till the time is right.
The api ecofix that topcolas recommended has really turned things around for me. Haven't gone through flower yet to say for sure but it turned my veg around and saved some seedlings that were on the verge of death. I'm using at 1ml per gallon so far.

dramamine

The api ecofix that topcolas recommended has really turned things around for me. Haven't gone through flower yet to say for sure but it turned my veg around and saved some seedlings that were on the verge of death. I'm using at 1ml per gallon so far.
Are you using that steadily in all your feed? I think you're in coco, aren't you? Interesting...

bloyd

Veteran
Are you using that steadily in all your feed? I think you're in coco, aren't you? Interesting...
Yes. Mixing with jacks, fulvic, and kelp at 1ml per gallon. I'm getting healthy white roots again and healthy plants in ppks and perlite medium. I'm hopeful these healthy bacteria can outcompete for the whole run. This shit has been a real downer for 3 years now despite maniacal efforts on my part.

dramamine

Yes. Mixing with jacks, fulvic, and kelp at 1ml per gallon. I'm getting healthy white roots again and healthy plants in ppks and perlite medium. I'm hopeful these healthy bacteria can outcompete for the whole run. This shit has been a real downer for 3 years now despite maniacal efforts on my part.
I'm right there with you, in the trenches with the shit for 3 years. Worst thing ever. That's cool you are seeing good results at the moment. I'll run some of that ecofix and see how it goes. Thanks for sharing that.

dreadvik

Is that the pond stuff?

API POND ECOFIX SLUDGE DESTROYER Pond Water Clarifier and Sludge Remover Treatment 1.89 L Bottle,White?

Guess it works similar to trichaderma?

I did want to try mycostop years back but couldn't find it here

bloyd

Veteran
Fingers crossed for you man! Will give this a go. Guessing I can use in seedlings and cuts at low dose too
Yes. I had seedlings on death's door, brown roots, all now white and recovering. I'm going to put in the cloner at 1 ml per gallon as well this week when I take cuts.

patg1973

contains diff species of aerobic, anaerobic, and facultative bacteria. its much more effective than other hydro or ag products. It protects and produces healthy roots. Healthy plants can suppress Fusarium even if it is present in the growing area. Foliar spraying trace elements or insect frass / worm casting tea boosts plant immune system as well.
Topcolas I have to thank you for posting about API ecofix. I’ve been battling waterborne pests for the last 3 years in my commercial grow. I run a 12,000 sf high pressure aero grow and spent thousands trying to figure it out. I tried absolutely everything. Sterile (10ml/gl of 34% h202, zerotol), all kinds of bennies, compost teas (worse thing ever), you name it. Came across this thread and saw your post. I ordered some from Amazon with zero expectations (mostly cause I’ve been constantly let down). I did some tests under a microscope with tainted water squeezed from roots and everything moving died. Instantly. So I ran 1ml/gl on one set of 4x8 tables and within 48 hrs, all the crap was dead and roots getting super happy and white. I seriously just can’t believe it. Thank you so much. Truly.

moose eater

Topcolas I have to thank you for posting about API ecofix. I’ve been battling waterborne pests for the last 3 years in my commercial grow. I run a 12,000 sf high pressure aero grow and spent thousands trying to figure it out. I tried absolutely everything. Sterile (10ml/gl of 34% h202, zerotol), all kinds of bennies, compost teas (worse thing ever), you name it. Came across this thread and saw your post. I ordered some from Amazon with zero expectations (mostly cause I’ve been constantly let down). I did some tests under a microscope with tainted water squeezed from roots and everything moving died. Instantly. So I ran 1ml/gl on one set of 4x8 tables and within 48 hrs, all the crap was dead and roots getting super happy and white. I seriously just can’t believe it. Thank you so much. Truly.
Any info on effects upon beneficial microbes, etc.?

dramamine

Same here. I had been battling fusarium-related root problems for a long time and had tried various myco products with some success. The brown roots would always come back, to one degree or another. The API EcoFix Sludge Destroyer immediately fixed those issues and they didn't come back. It didn't cure the fusarium within the plants, but the root issues are long gone, and I've been able to bring them to harvest with nice flowers. 1 ml per liter, as you said.

Thanks topcolas for a relatively cheap, effective solution to root issues. Much much better than any other biological root additive, and I've run many of them. Wish I'd found this bacteria long ago.

dramamine

I don't know the answer for sure. I can only say that my root systems became full and pure white again, as they should be, and stayed that way through harvest. I did keep applying the Wallace Organic Wonder (rhizophagus intraradices) that I had been using, together with the EcoFix, but didn't use a microscope or anything, so I don't really know how they got along.

moose eater

I don't know the answer for sure. I can only say that my root systems became full and pure white again, as they should be, and stayed that way through harvest. I did keep applying the Wallace Organic Wonder (rhizophagus intraradices) that I had been using, together with the EcoFix, but didn't use a microscope or anything, so I don't really know how they got along.
Thanks.

If the stuff only affects fungal issues, then in theory, microbes ought to be OK.

Even if it knocks them around a bit, they can be replenished.

I was mostly just curious.

patg1973

None that I could see. I was doing tests with hydroguard, ag friendly fungicide, orca and ecofix.

Ecofix and orca was definitely the one two punch for me.

Here are my roots at week 8 of flower. They look tanned because the top shaded the root zone. Was white and fluffy. Usually the roots were somewhat brown and not fluffy at this stage.

Attachments

• IMG_8881.jpeg
    IMG_8881.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 25
  • IMG_8884.jpeg
    IMG_8884.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 24
  • IMG_8886.jpeg
    IMG_8886.jpeg
    782 KB · Views: 25
  • IMG_8885.jpeg
    IMG_8885.jpeg
    634.7 KB · Views: 28

bloyd

Veteran
Has anybody figured out what bacterial strains are used in api ecofix? It is still the best thing I've found outside of resistant cultivars.

patg1973

Has anybody figured out what bacterial strains are used in api ecofix? It is still the best thing I've found outside of resistant cultivars.
I looked hard but couldn’t find anything. It is pretty awesome. Seeing that I grow aero, ecofix and regenaroot are my only additives to jack’s nutrients.

Latest posts

Latest posts