What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

A Guide to Fishsticks

Ichabod Crane

Veteran
i do better with eating multiple small meals a day , burns more that way for me . 1 meal a day & i'd be hungry constantly , which IMHO is not good .

Multiple meals a day is terrible for your blood sugar. I do one meal a day but you could go with a eating window of 4, 6, or 8 hours instead and still get the effect. Basically you eat your normal calories during that window.

I do one meal a day for the autophagy benefits as well as the reduction of insulin spikes. As least give it a look before you say it wont work for you.

dansbuds

Retired from the workforce Bullshit
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Next round in veg ...... not doing as well as usual .... because i've had to keep my lights turned down as far as they'd go because of the heat in there . i've been averaging 80 plus every day ..... was 87 when i walked in tonight . can't wait for that AC to get here !!!!

6 GG4 ......

picture.php

4 Hammers kush & 2 Honey banana .......

picture.php

yup ..... only 12 plants this time unless i get pots & coco in the next couple days ...... which i doubt . i do have 6 other clones in cups big enough to put in , but no dough to transplant them . being broke SUX !!!

Mommies needing a trimming again lol

picture.php

12 nightmare diesels in the cloner just sprouting roots , have 6 GG4 already rooted to make my next 18 in veg .

dansbuds

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Multiple meals a day is terrible for your blood sugar. I do one meal a day but you could go with a eating window of 4, 6, or 8 hours instead and still get the effect. Basically you eat your normal calories during that window.

I do one meal a day for the autophagy benefits as well as the reduction of insulin spikes. As least give it a look before you say it wont work for you.

you type 1 diabetic ??? dunno what my blood sugar numbers are to be honest ..... but my A1C always comes in below 2 when they test me . so i'm not really worried about it . my cholesteral numbers are all in good range too , good & bad #'s . the most sugar i get in me is from fruits like bananas & oranges . no carbs otherwise ..... thats the tuff part for me !!! i love my breads !

Ichabod Crane

Veteran
you type 1 diabetic ??? dunno what my blood sugar numbers are to be honest ..... but my A1C always comes in below 2 when they test me . so i'm not really worried about it . my cholesteral numbers are all in good range too , good & bad #'s . the most sugar i get in me is from fruits like bananas & oranges . no carbs otherwise ..... thats the tuff part for me !!! i love my breads !

No I am or was prediabetic. Diabetes runs in my family so I need to watch it.

I dropped sugar and carbs out of my diet and it dropped my blood sugar. The only carbs I really get are in my veggies. Of which I eat a shit load of now. That bowl I posted the other day with the salad in is about 1.5 gallons.

I have not been eating fruits because of the sugar in them other than the lemon on my salad. Once I have reset my insulin levels I will start eating them again. In a few months I should be good.

unclefishstick

Fancy Janitor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
well thats all done with for the night...tough commute all the way out there to the workshop!

got the new tires all mounted up so off in the morning for some bike-a-hike action

ozzieAI

Veteran
You should look at intermittent fasting then. It is why I am only eating one meal a day. Doing it to reset my insulin levels. I dropped my fasting blood sugar levels from 120 to 100 in about a week. And dropped about 20 pounds in 24 days. Been eating the salads as well.

But hell I love salads anyways.

this worked well for me...and is now apart of my life style and very easy to manage...i only eat 2 meals/day, staying away from processed foods as much as possible...and i allow myself a blowout day at least once or twice a week...

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I don't know. All I got was a note from my Dr letting me know he sent a prescription to the pharmacy for me. Also have a Liver Ultra sound I have to do.

Last edited:

Ichabod Crane

Veteran
this worked well for me...and is now apart of my life style and very easy to manage...i only eat 2 meals/day, staying away from processed foods as much as possible...and i allow myself a blowout day at least once or twice a week...

I am eating one and have a hard time stuffing the required calories down my throat. The picture I posted was still less calories than I should be eating. And I am not really hungry when it comes time to eat. I cooked my family dinner before I ate tonight and it had been 26 hours since I last ate before that.

dansbuds

ICMag Donor
Veteran
I am eating one and have a hard time stuffing the required calories down my throat. The picture I posted was still less calories than I should be eating. And I am not really hungry when it comes time to eat. I cooked my family dinner before I ate tonight and it had been 26 hours since I last ate before that.

thats the part i couldn't do ! i always feel hungry .... even when i know i'm full . thats always been my problem & probably why i've been heavy all my life .

ozzieAI

Veteran
thats the part i couldn't do ! i always feel hungry .... even when i know i'm full . thats always been my problem & probably why i've been heavy all my life .

it takes an adjustment period to allow your body to accommodate your new eating regime...my first week was the hardest and by the third week it was much better...

are you eating lots of processed food? i found that when i went for more natural food sources my hunger levels dropped and that was before i started fasting...

good luck...

Ichabod Crane

Veteran

This is going to sound wrong but it actually works. You need to eat more fat. The fat will help you get threw the fasting period. It needs to be good fats though and not that crap fats like veggi oils like canola, corn or those types. Good fats are MCT which are medium chain triglycerides. Oils like olive, and coconut. There others as well.

I started mine out with eating 2 meals then went to one later. If I felt a little hunger I drank some water and it went away. But you can start slower and build up from there. Start by eating breakfast a hour later till that is OK then move it to 2 hours later and so on till you are at 2 meals.

The autophagy is the real benefit in this. It allows your body to clean it self up. Autophagy has huge benefits and you should look at it.

Ichabod Crane

Veteran
Sounds like the keto diet, lots of greens and fats, no sugars or breads. If you shop correctly it's quite tasty and fun to switch. Your body goes into a state of ketosis and you feel great.

Some 2.0 that just came down..

View Image

Keto can be teamed up with fasting. But the fasting does not have to be with keto it can be with paleo or some other diet.

Ichabod Crane

Veteran
The autophagy allows your body to take a break. This allows it to clean it self up and repair it self. If you are constantly processing the food you just ate you can not do this clean up.

There are a bunch of things that happen at night that shut down as soon as you eat in the morning. One is the production of human growth factor. This is what rebuilds your body. It is made in the liver when it is not processing the food you just ate. When you eat this is no longer made.

A lot of other stuff goes on but those are two of the biggest things. The rebuilding and the cleaning will help your health a lot. And both stop when you eat because your body has to deal with the food first.

Treetroit City

Moderately Super
Veteran
You could try my new diet, reduce caloric intake by 2000 a day by not drinking beer and watch the pounds fall off lol.
I also fast for 24 hours on Monday and Thursday just for the hell of it.

Latest posts

Latest posts