What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

I think Phillip Morris really might be creeping into the cannabis game

coldcanna

Veteran
The sad thing in all of this is how the decades-long drug war has destroyed entire cities, generations of families torn apart with relatives behind bars. And now the same business elite class that was profiting off of locking us up is going to make billions more pedalling the same goods we were locked up for in the first place.

FunkBomb

Power Armor rules
Veteran
What is happening now just reeks of the coming shitstorm of fascism. You can see it all over the place, especially with all the hackers and leaks happening. Not many of these elite dooshers going to jail either.
The battle for the soul of America is coming. It will not be pretty.

-Funk

BrainSellz

Veteran
The battle for the soul of America is coming. It will not be pretty.

-Funk

It's about time, the soul of America has been in a strangle hold since Truman sold them out back in the 50's.

Just as cigarette companies spray and mix their tobaccos for smoothness I would imagine the same will apply to Marlboros line of weed products.

J-Icky

It's about time, the soul of America has been in a strangle hold since Truman sold them out back in the 50's.

Just as cigarette companies spray and mix their tobaccos for smoothness I would imagine the same will apply to Marlboros line of weed products.

Exactly they will grow massively seeded product, concentrate the goods, make sheets of plant matter from the extracted deseeded bud spray that with the concentrate shred it and roll it. That's pretty much what they do with the tobacco.
Sadly they will also be the biggest sellers just like Mexican brick weed. I also wouldn't be surprised if they basically made it illegal, or practically impossible to sell a small scale craft product.

You will either buy the mass produced big tobacco/company product or you will have to grow your own within strict guidelines and trying to sell or distribute your homegrown will be illegal as moonshine.

But I , along with most here, will grow our own and those that don't sure won't be willing to pay $2-300 an oz when they can get big company weed for $20 for a 1/2 oz - 1oz pack of prerolleds or their concentrates for $1-2 a gram.

All those thinking they will still get $100+ for an oz of their "craft" herb are dreaming and need to stop thinking of cannabis as their personal cash crop. That's the biggest obstacle into full legalization, because these people refuse to vote for anything that won't allow them to become th newest big business gouging consumers and making unreasonable profits to fill their greedy wallets.
Honestly I a sad that 90% of people that don't want big companies in cannabis only want them out so THEY can keep selling for unreasonably high prices and THEY can become the PM or essentially they will become big cannabis.

calaveras

Last year during the big land grab in Calaveras county representatives from east coast big tobacco were scouting out the foothills for future prospects.

MJPassion

Observer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
And you can bet that they were talking to and bribing the local authorities to tax the fuck out of the local yocals in one form or another.

Top_shelf_farms

Phillip Morris was just trying to buy a 5,000 acre ranch in Mendocino co. from a local family.... Glad they told them to kick rocks....

Gry

Newly hired door kicker trigger pullers to get rid of the evil food pickers. If the DEA had bastard off spring, you know they would eat their own.

cryptop

Do ya'll think PM, Altria, etc will either try to start up their own business, or allow the existing brands to expand and then just buy them out? I know a good few cannabis business owners who have said they would sell out to Altria if given the opportunity.

Easy7

Veteran
Lot's of nitwits in America that would buy tailor made crappy shit weed chem laden joints.

Ever look at the most popular beers and smokes? Utter shit!

rossta18

Do ya'll think PM, Altria, etc will either try to start up their own business, or allow the existing brands to expand and then just buy them out? I know a good few cannabis business owners who have said they would sell out to Altria if given the opportunity.

Makes sense that they would wait for the biz to be proven and then swoop in. They have the proven techniques to have tobacco grown on the cheap and the political pull to get what they want. They will definitely swoop in when they see fit and still make a good long term investment.

cryptop

theyve been in the game since before it was legal just waiting like a vulture. without going too much into specifics a friend of ours does custom heating and ac work, like high end hermetically sealed hospital grade installations. about 2 years ago he started working on the green houses, 50 football field sized computer controlled retracting roof greenhouses all push button controlled. wanna guess who paid for it just waiting for oregon to legalize it, marlboro sponsored by monsanto backed by the us gov..... due to signed contracts he couldnt say that, but the look in his eye when i hit the nail on he head said it all. remember that episode of weeds where the marlboro guy is talking about making "chemosabes" welp get ready for marlboro greens.

Sooo.... what company do we think this is? Golden Leaf Holdings, maybe? I'm not too familiar with Oregon brands

Satyros

They have (Phillip Morris based in Switzerland) obtained both international and U. S. patents on a process to generate "terpenes of interest" in all plants with trichomes. What this is, or what the outcome will be, I don't know, but it is the only relevant patent that I am aware of, which would give anybody a leg up in "big cannabusiness".

stoned-trout

if it smells like fish
Veteran
Anyone that thinks otherwise is smoking too much or just an idiot..They prob already knee deep in it...Yeehaw

stoned-trout

if it smells like fish
Veteran
Got
My understanding of chemical additives in cigarettes is that they are there because of stability, consistency and maximizing yield/potency in the tobacco, from seed to smoke. Not as a conspiracy to get people hooked, as it kind of already does that.

As has been said, they only exist because people vote with their dollars. Would it be a bad thing to buy a pack of 20 joints from a major manufacturer at a 7-11? What if they got the price down to 10 bucks? What if it's just low midgrade hybrid mass produced outdoors? I don't think that would be a bad thing, and just like with beer, there will always be higher quality micro brews for the people who fucking hate Bud-Light, but none of them will outsell the Bud either.

However, the hate for corps will always be there, and usually the people who speak out about it the most are the ones who do jack shit about it anyways. Plus, I don't see mass produced cannabis, even low grade, causing cancer - unlike tobacco. So it's not like it's a liability for them, in that sense anyway.
your wrong sorry..There was a documentary on Netflix from the guy who isolated the chemicals while trying to do the opposite..He was trying to find a safe product..Instead he found a chemical making it more addictive...And don't think for a minute they don't use it..They might of stopped and so the documentary might be slightly outdated but it shows motive...Yeehaw

Latest posts

Latest posts