What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Violeta

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Thanks for sharing your different Violeta expressions Terpene!

Half of the plants of this hybrid are very colorful since early flowering, the rest need lower temps to show the color, only a small rate will stay green. How are the aromas in late flowering ? Enjoying a lot your pics ;)

Terpene

I love the smell of cannabis in the morning
Veteran
My four Violetas finished in 8 weeks under 11day/13night. This line improves PCK's yield and adds some of that menthol-fruit smell to the Malawi. I feel like the frost of the Malawi was improved as well compared to what I'm used to.

So first up, here is the indica-dense, ultra purple PCK leaning pheno. Followed by the airy, yet heroically frosty purple Malawi pheno. The purple PCK pheno is a deep woodland berry smell with foresty / coffee hints and a subtle fuel note. The purple Malawi pheno has the same deep purple berry smell, but smells more lemon / grease / fuel influenced - like a lot of OG Kush variants do.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Here is the green PCK pheno, it smells like old wood and forest floor with a light hint of the purple berry smell. I took shots of the green Malawi pheno, but they didn't turn out well. It looks very similar to the green pheno, just less closely spaced internodes/flowers. The slightly more Malawi green pheno smells like PCK's typical menthol-"blue" but with a sweet, greasy smell similar to oily/ semi-burned caramelized brown sugar. The green phenos are less fragrant and much harder to place than the purple phenos which are more fragrant.

The green PCK pheno did toss out minor tones of purple in final flowering - but compared to the two previous purple phenos, its almost not even worth mentioning. To answer your question Dubi, it never really gets that cold in my setup. Daytime temps ranged from a max high of 29 to max low of 16 at night, average temp is 24 day, 18 night. So I am sure outdoors these things would be black/purple, but indoors with very mild temps, you can still expect pretty dramatic coloration in 50% of the population.

picture.php

Dubi as always, thank you for putting the genetics out there!

I will be letting them hang for a few days and then I will report back! :D

Last edited:
beautiful shots terp!.... I find the green chitral feno stronger then the purple, although nose wise, the purple is a real treat! .... that seems to be the overal green x purple for me... usualy the green fenos hit me harder, it has been like that with PCK, Sandstorm, Peyote purple, and an afghani hybrid I had..... purples look and smell better, while the green is better taste and potency wise......

with sativas I can´t rally say, because I had litle experience with purple fenos, only a few colombians, never had purp. haze, purp thai or whatever to compare!

drfeelgd

Wow..that violetta finished nice and dark.. do you think they finished that quick because you did them on 11/13 instead of 12/12.. or was it the phenotype

Terpene

Veteran
I think the speed is partly because of the 11/13 daylight cycle and partially because the PCK influence greatly speeds up the Malawi.

The smoke off the four plants is - not surprisingly - a 50/50 mix of PCK's mellow, relaxed high and Malawi's potent and paralyzing sativa effect. All of the phenos are mellow, but the more Malawi looking purple / green phenos come with more energy than the PCK looking phenos. The darkest PCK pheno is some VERY relaxing smoke, nearly sedative in nature.

I've never been able to accurately describe Malawi's high - its definitely a powerful and moderately motivating sativa, but its more heavy and dense with a heavier comedown.

My final impression is that Violeta are some of the prettiest plants I've ever grown and it would be STELLAR looking in outdoor (and indoor!) gardens. It's potent and higher yielding than PCK line with just enough sativa hint. Yet its relaxing enough you can smoke it at the end of the day and still go to sleep.

Now someone run some of these in a cold climate - I want to see some black plants!

I think the speed is partly because of the 11/13 daylight cycle and partially because the PCK influence greatly speeds up the Malawi.

The smoke off the four plants is - not surprisingly - a 50/50 mix of PCK's mellow, relaxed high and Malawi's potent and paralyzing sativa effect. All of the phenos are mellow, but the more Malawi looking purple / green phenos come with more energy than the PCK looking phenos. The darkest PCK pheno is some VERY relaxing smoke, nearly sedative in nature.

I've never been able to accurately describe Malawi's high - its definitely a powerful and moderately motivating sativa, but its more heavy and dense with a heavier comedown.

My final impression is that Violeta are some of the prettiest plants I've ever grown and it would be STELLAR looking in outdoor (and indoor!) gardens. It's potent and higher yielding than PCK line with just enough sativa hint. Yet its relaxing enough you can smoke it at the end of the day and still go to sleep.

Now someone run some of these in a cold climate - I want to see some black plants!

I agree. I dream of the day when plants this pretty can be grown out in the open, ornamentally. They would be beautiful! I've identified at least three different expressions of Violetta and they've all been interesting. Generally relaxing but powerful...paralyzing but not, in most cases, traditionally "sedative", with variation between the expressions. That has been my experience, anyway.

Terpene

Veteran
I was PMed for more info on the Napalm x Violeta cross, so I'll be following the Violeta grow with grow of the resulting cross:

I was under the impression my ultra purple Violeta (purple Pakistan Chitral Kush x purple Malawi) wasn't pollinated by the probably 8 month old OG leaning Napalm (Fire OG x Destroyer) pollen I had lying around in my fridge. Turns out I was wrong and it did seed up! :woohoo:

So heres the Violeta mom:
picture.php

and here's an OG looking female Napalm to give you an idea of dad's side:
picture.php

2 of my 4 tester seeds popped, they're about 2 inches tall right now. More updates as they get bigger.

I'm subbed, cool project interesting cross, mom and pop beautifully grown I'm sure the kids will have a great upbringing, grow on

Terpene

Veteran
Looking like I am only going to get 4 seeds from the cross, turns out the pollen was pretty weak after all. Oh well, still got some very nice looking kids:

picture.php

cool, glad you're showing these, beautiful so far, I bet they'll be great in your hands. The veins look very large in proportion to the leaves, sign of vigor no?

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Hi Terpene :)

I'm glad you finally got a few seeds of the hybrid to try. Should be a complex poly hybrid, 2 great sativas and 2 great indicas all together. Let's see how the outcome turns out!

Terpene

Veteran
Both crosses are cruising along, #1 seems to really have hit its stride now.

picture.php

picture.php

did you smoke any Purple Malawi and how was it if you did?

No the Purple Haze x Malawi is different than the purple phenotype selection of the Malawi line. One is entirely Malawi, but a unique color expression, the other is a pure purple haze cross.

From Dubi - The purple malawi is a very recessive pheno so is not stabilized but you can fix easily the color traits by crossing the recessive purple malawi with another strain that is dominant for the purple color. Purple malawi is quite different to the taller lime green malawi phenos, it has a more rotten meat kind of aroma and it's quite faster to flower, as some members commented previously it would produce a nice hybrid crossing purple malawi with a good purple indica. Should be very colorful, resinous and fast hybrid, good for both indoor and outdoor growing.

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]The purple malawi was easier to find in the fem version in our earlier malawi releases, we have found a very desirable purple malawi mum for breeding, not so powerful like the killer malawi mum but more pleasant, tasty and early flowering, still enough powerful View Image it has been backcrossed again to the killer malawi mum in feminized format to try to stabilize the most colorful, resinous and powerful expressions. I'd recommend you to wait for the new malawi fem releases, hopefully will be available at the end of this year. [/FONT]

Purple Malawi:
View Image

Purple Haze x Malawi:
View Image

Terpene

Veteran
did you smoke any Purple Malawi and how was it if you did?

I'm actually smoking some Purple Haze x Malawi from a friend's outdoor grow right now. It's exactly what you'd expect it to be, 50-50 or 60-40 purple haze / malawi in effect. The malawi "rude" gear oil, grease and old rotten wood smell comes through strong but the smoke still has that blackberry brandy sandalwood purple haze flavor. The high is clear, functional, semi-psychedlic, STRONG and can tend to make you hungry a little while into it.

The real strong point in my eyes is the ridiculous yield of the Purple Haze x Malawi. Looking at them growing, you can tell its half haze, but with the exception of huge amounts of stretch, it yields like production hybrids. Outdoors, it gets really pretty, developing a nice purple color in mildly cold temps (roughly 10-15C). A few shots to show you what I'm talking about:

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

The first two shots were grown in dirt under 240w of LED. Like I said, for a haze cross, its a real winner.

My original smoke report can be found here.