What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Snype's Cloning Formula For Root Nubs In 3 Days!

zamzia

Veteran
And SUPERthrive arrived today. Will get this little lot mixed up tonight :tiphat:

picture.php

JointOperation

ya i pulled that out of the garden after only ADDING superthrive.. and having super hermis on shit ive never had hermi before EVER..

paperchaser825

When I look at the superthrive bottle I want to punch the guy and/or his marketing team. The terms used and claims made on the bottle are ludicrous. The stuff might work, but it makes me very suspicious.

Snype

Veteran
ya i pulled that out of the garden after only ADDING superthrive.. and having super hermis on shit ive never had hermi before EVER..

Sorry to hear that. That has never happened to me before. Maybe you used it in VEG or Flowering? I only use it for cloning.

When I look at the superthrive bottle I want to punch the guy and/or his marketing team. The terms used and claims made on the bottle are ludicrous. The stuff might work, but it makes me very suspicious.

Yeah it's pretty funny. I've done a lot of testing with it and it really does work when I use it at the rates that I state. It's not like you have to use it to get roots but it does speed things up.

zamzia

Veteran
Well time will tell! Just mixed it up for the clones I'm already running that have been in the aero cloner for 2 WEEKS and only a few showing signs of roots. This will be the formula I run with the 20 cuts I've taken, but not yet put in the cloner AND the clones I take from my run of the Khalisi project :tiphat:

Rolldaddy

Superthrive making hermies is ridiculous. Yes it's strong and should be used IMO at low doses. You can use to clone, veg and flower as it has been used that way for decades

Snype

Veteran
Superthrive making hermies is ridiculous. Yes it's strong and should be used IMO at low doses. You can use to clone, veg and flower as it has been used that way for decades

I only use it for cloning. Not for anything else.

smurfin'herb

Registered Cannabis User
Veteran
For ez-cloner machines, the best way to avoid this slime is to not get it in the first place. I have gotten it, but it can be cured by a VERY good soaking and cleaning with bleach. I dont replace the pucks, just wash them good. Same with the manifold and sprayers. DO replace airstones and tubing. If you leave one little trace hidden away inside the manifold or pump, or anywhere, your probably going to have slime again. Heres how to prevent it, its soooo simple..

Never ever ever ever even think about going over 80 degrees in hydro. Even 75 is way to high imo. Especially if you already are dealing with a recurring problem with slime.

Use r/o water (uv filtered), or boiled tap (for 30min) if thats all you got

Keep water temp at 68-70 degrees at ALL times (Most important) I dont care how you do it, ITS GOTTA GET DONE.

Use beneficial bacteria. I liked using hydroguard, is it even called that anymore? Or you can use bleach, but i liked beneficials better.

Clean thourougly after each use with bleach. It should take you a full hour at least. If not, you didnt do a good enough job. That means cleaning each puck, and the slits in them, cycling the pump and manifold in a strong bleach and water concentrate;) Dont forget to scrub and soak the pump power cord and suction footies too!

There you go. Im not trying to dis the methods the op has provided, but this is just another alternative. I clone in coco with wayyyy better results now a days.

Rabbi

Thx for this Snype, gonna give this a shot. Been struggling with my clones lately, hopfully this helps.

Heres how to prevent it, its soooo simple..

Never ever ever ever even think about going over 80 degrees in hydro. Even 75 is way to high imo. Especially if you already are dealing with a recurring problem with slime.

Use r/o water (uv filtered), or boiled tap (for 30min) if thats all you got

Keep water temp at 68-70 degrees at ALL times (Most important) I dont care how you do it, ITS GOTTA GET DONE.

Use beneficial bacteria. I liked using hydroguard, is it even called that anymore? Or you can use bleach, but i liked beneficials better.

Hmm. Well, this pretty much ignores everything Snype has shared with us here. It may work for you (you are definitely doing a LOT more footwork to achieve it), but with Snype's technique you can easily go up to 85 degrees with zero slime or any problems at all due to the pool shock. The advantage to high temps is very fast rooting; I've seen just what Snype has described by using his formula. It blows every technique I've ever used (over 20 years) right out of the water. Never seen the tiniest bit of slime develop in about 8 rounds now.

Why not just use a sterile technique? There is no advantage whatsoever to using beneficial bacteria instead of chlorine during cloning. Beneficials can be started after the rooted cutting has been transplanted... so why would you want to go through these unnecessary steps (and discarding tubing and airstones?) instead of just doing the easy thing and adding pool shock? No harm to the cuts, no filtering or boiling tap water, no problem going up to 85 degrees, no slime... just trying to understand your reasoning here.

Rabbi

Since my tap water comes out at 500 ppm would i be better off using r/o water or maybe perhaps half r/o and half tap?

spunion

There you go. Im not trying to dis the methods the op has provided, but this is just another alternative. I clone in coco with wayyyy better results now a days.
Interesting. My friend has an aero-cloner and I think its amazing. The biggest obstacle for everyone seems to be controlling the temps.

I'm using a humidity dome with a seedling heat mat and it works. Very high %, pretty much get 100% success but they're just sluggish. Some strains can take over 2 weeks to get roots popping out of my rockwool cubes. Then I'll see my friend's aero-cloner churning out mini tree trunks in 10 days.