What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Flashlights, what do you have?

Gypsy Nirvana

Recalcitrant Reprobate -
Administrator
Veteran
Just recently I was considering getting a new flashlight/torch, because occasionally I might find myself in a place where it is needed, and also it can act as a form of self defense. If shone into the eyes of an assailant, it can take up to 3 minutes for them to recover proper eyesight. (as claimed)

They are very handy things to have about in case of an electricity outage too.

So far the best one I have come across is this Taclight 1100 due to its power, and it looks fairly cheap at $45.

https://buytaclight.com/e9da1d289a7e321cc179c51c0c526a73/?source=buytaclight&sub=geo&sub3=Twickenham

What do you guys/gals think? Can I get a better/more powerful one at a cheaper price?

Gypsy Nirvana

Recalcitrant Reprobate -
Administrator
Veteran
https://www.thesurvivalistdepot.com...8650-rechargeable-battery?variant=42823614214

I have something like this one.. its advertised as 2000 lumens,its very strong
and you can blind a enemy.. i know cause i was blinded self on strongest setting..

its like 3 different powers and can work like stroboscop,flashing...

you can zoom and wide option with moving a lense..

some light is a good to have..

Yes Dog Star, that one looks even better, 2000 lumens and only £22.95. Also handy if you end up in a close-quarters attack because it has a crenelated strike bezel for enhanced self-defense.

Dog Star

Veteran
You right Gypsy,when on high focus this lamps are good self defense weapons..

its so shiny that if blinded by her you will need atleast few moments to get your sight
back,cree light is serious kicker in eye balls.. specialy in dark enviroment when your eyes
settle on low amounts of light and then... bam.. cree flash right in eye sockets..

attacker could be very fuzzled... but beside light i love to wear mace spray in pocket..

also for dogs to not attack me when i walk mine doggy around..

Gypsy Nirvana

Recalcitrant Reprobate -
Administrator
Veteran
I have one off these. It's a powerful flashlight with built-in stungun/taser. It pumps out a lot of volt...

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=pE7NNf8JlXw

Google for Shocker Flashlight

Looks useful Cvh, only problem might be is this:

United Kingdom. Tasers are considered "prohibited weapons" under the Firearms Act 1968 and possession is an offence. The maximum sentence for possession is ten years in prison and an unlimited fine. ... Taser guns are now used by some British police as a "less lethal" weapon.

Dog Star

Veteran
Emasculation in short... police can have it and you cant.. EU is famous for it..

also mace sprays police have stronger versions.. but i buy American Sabre that
still have some good potency...

its best to grow some hot chilly and create own DIY version..

ChaosCatalunya

5.2 club is now 8.1 club...
Veteran
I have been looking at them for just this reason, but comparing lumens v price on Amazon, to get the best value... Scottish ancestry, careful with money..

Some are bright enough to stun in daylight too

944s2

ICMag Donor
Veteran
i got one of those mini flame throwers to caramalize my creme brulees lol,,,
A bit of a hard one to explain to the police if i took it out of the home and put in our cars glove box and then got a tug,,,,,
potentially a very nasty bit of kit,,,,,,s2

Lester Beans

Frequent Flyer
Veteran
In the bar bouncing business we carry these. Get a grip anywhere and the most bad ass drunk turns into a wimpering baby.

Imagine clamping them on someone's groin area? Nose? I always aimed for under the arm/armpit area.

Legal and effective in close quarter combat.

As for flashlights, I like mag lights. Heavy and bulky, but last forever and pack a helluva punch.

Attachments

• pliers-1.jpg
    pliers-1.jpg
    6.4 KB · Views: 9

stoned-trout

if it smells like fish
Veteran
I preferr blunt force trauma for an attacker...I have quite a few different flashlights tho...mostly use my headlamp for hands free operation...yeehaw

stoned-trout

if it smells like fish
Veteran
Emasculation in short... police can have it and you cant.. EU is famous for it..

also mace sprays police have stronger versions.. but i buy American Sabre that
still have some good potency...

its best to grow some hot chilly and create own DIY version..
You can buy capsiasan crystals and a seltzer bottle and make one badass sprayer...

MrBungle

I was going to suggest streamlight as well.. they are expensive but mil spec and lots of variations..

have you considered a tactical pen also? I keep a tac pen on my driver side visor.... convenient to sign a check by an ATM.. or break glass during an emergency or surprise the hell out of an attacker using it as a kubaton

The flashlight is great for bedside protection or around your property, but if you want something that is discreet out in public and with multiple uses, a tac pen might be another option

MrBungle

In the bar bouncing business we carry these. Get a grip anywhere and the most bad ass drunk turns into a wimpering baby.

Imagine clamping them on someone's groin area? Nose? I always aimed for under the arm/armpit area.

Legal and effective in close quarter combat.

As for flashlights, I like mag lights. Heavy and bulky, but last forever and pack a helluva punch.

Its a tap changer/attitude adjustment tool.... I'm all about multi uses

Gypsy Nirvana

Recalcitrant Reprobate -
Administrator
Veteran
I was going to suggest streamlight as well.. they are expensive but mil spec and lots of variations..

have you considered a tactical pen also? I keep a tac pen on my driver side visor.... convenient to sign a check by an ATM.. or break glass during an emergency or surprise the hell out of an attacker using it as a kubaton

The flashlight is great for bedside protection or around your property, but if you want something that is discreet out in public and with multiple uses, a tac pen might be another option

Yes, I checked the Streamlight out, and watched some fella banging nails into a piece of wood with it.....I guess it doubles up as a hammer too...lol

http://streamlight.com/en/products/detail/index/stinger-ds-led

St. Phatty

Walmart sells 10 packs of a small LED flashlight with 6 LED's, for $10.

Bought 1 pack, gave a few away to friends.

1 pack has about 5 different colors. They use AAA batteries & the case is aluminum.

When I need more light I just grab 2 or 3 of them.

On the other end, I have a flashlight about 18 inches long that uses 6 A size batteries.

But good luck finding a replacement bulb. Maybe I should go ask at the police station. :woohoo:

growingcrazy

Yes, I checked the Streamlight out, and watched some fella banging nails into a piece of wood with it.....I guess it doubles up as a hammer too...lol

https://streamlight.com/en/products/detail/index/stinger-ds-led

Under normal circumstances, they will last your lifetime...

I have put them through hell and back and they still light up. I have one kicking around that is so banged up that neither end will unscrew... Put it on the charger and it keeps on going.

I have used many and the streamlight is quality.

Tudo

Troublemaker
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Being in an annual hurricane magnet zone and losing 2 houses to the damn things, I've learned none of the damn things last long especially when exposed to high humidity so I've learned to buy a lot of cheap ones that fit into my pocket especially. Lots of batteries ( chargers don't help when the electricity is gone )

Battery powered lamps for the house plus the light sticks in every room.

And something extra special for the mofo who thinks this place is low hanging fruit and tries to enter :tiphat:

( which has also happened but the home team prevailed no problemo' )

But I DO like those high power lights and may get me one

Latest posts

Latest posts