What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Anyone seeing any problems with this mix ?

PaulieWaulie

Veteran
Can anyone see any problems with this mix? I made it based on the recipes I have seen on here, adjusted a bit to what was available locally in bulk cheaply. Gonna mix it up if I don't hear any danger warnings from anyone in the next day or so. Muchly appreciated. I veg for 4-6 weeks usually with 1 plant per sq foot in the bloom room and in 3G pots that have about 2G of mix volume in it. I am ok with top dressing if they need a boost later on, and I have some liquid organic fert I can feed if need be as well.... so I do prefer on the light side so there is no burning or lockout issues.

My compost has a high PH of 8, so I didn't want to add dolomite lime as it buffers ph and keeps it alkaline. Also my tap water is somewhat hard with a total ppm of 200 and ph 7.4 out of the tap.

Super Duper Soil
1 Cubic Foot = 7 Gallons

BASE
[ ] 3G PRO MIX HP (Recycled) (30% Perlite)
[ ] 2G Perlite
[ ] 1G Compost
[ ] 1/3G Guineapig Droppings
[ ] 1/3G Horse Manure
[ ] 1/3G Earthworm Castings

AMMENDMENTS

[ ] 1 Cup Bonemeal
[ ] 1 Cup Kelp Meal
[ ] 1 Cup Oyster Shell
[ ] 1 Cup Dehydrated Molasses
[ ] 1/2 Cup Alfalfa Meal
[ ] 1/2 Cup Blood Meal