What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

CO2 generator search and New Info Found

IngFarmer

Ok so I was on amazon looking into co2 generators and possibly a cooled co2 generator and this comment I found under the product caught my eye

Save ur self some money an get a camping instant hot water heater the "water cooled" co2 generators are just instant hot water heater RE branded just plug ur co2 controller in2 a pump when the pump kicks on a flow sensor in the hot water heater turns gas on when co2 level is reached the co2 controller turns off pump an gas shuts off...ur welcome

so till today I didn't know what a camping instant hotwater heater was, I googled and at least I've seen pictures.
What I don't understand is how does the camping instant hotwater generate CO2? will love to understand some of the tech behind it...
Has anyone of you growers tried this stuff?

what does the comment mean by "just plug ur co2 controller in2 a pump"? which type of pump? is it in the waterheater or must be bought..
As you can see i'm really lost...so help me out :)

Mikell

Dipshit Know-Nothing
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Haven't done it but there are threads from people who have in the Growroom Design subforum.

linky

Ok so I was on amazon looking into co2 generators and possibly a cooled co2 generator and this comment I found under the product caught my eye

so till today I didn't know what a camping instant hotwater heater was, I googled and at least I've seen pictures.
What I don't understand is how does the camping instant hotwater generate CO2? will love to understand some of the tech behind it...
Has anyone of you growers tried this stuff?

what does the comment mean by "just plug ur co2 controller in2 a pump"? which type of pump? is it in the waterheater or must be bought..
As you can see i'm really lost...so help me out :)

I imagine it kicks on when it senses water flowing through it, so instead of plugging power into your co2 regulator or co2 generator from your controller you have the water pump plugged into the controller (have the pump in a bucket and recirc from bucket through camping heater and back into bucket maybe?). And obviously you have your propane tank plugged into the portable camping heater as well at all times. Its cheaper but imo I would rather spend a little more and get a generator than deal with water hoses, pumps, buckets of water etc lol.

jocat

One advantage would be the heat is at least partially transferred into the water, that could be useful in controlling temperature.

Boyd Crowder

Teem MiCr0B35
it is an 18+gl resevoir
a water pump
a prtable water heater
a propane source
and a controller

the co2 comes from combustion
fire creates water and co2 as byproducts