What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Ace Seeds Malawi & Bangi Congo X Panama Goddess F10 (aka Congo Bongo)

ULMW

Greetings FinFarmer,
Congratulations on your new LED and also completing your first Ace Grow. Thank you for sharing your info and journal with us all. Loving the photos! Malawi rocking it nicely! 2 weeks with ripen. Yep. Should see you done nicely.
Look forward to seeing your next grows!
Happy Growing! :):thank you:

FinFarmer

Greetings FinFarmer,
Congratulations on your new LED and also completing your first Ace Grow. Thank you for sharing your info and journal with us all. Loving the photos! Malawi rocking it nicely! 2 weeks with ripen. Yep. Should see you done nicely.
Look forward to seeing your next grows!
Happy Growing! :):thank you:
Thanks ULMW!

Malawi will be ready soon, you're maybe right about two weeks till finish. I start "flushing" within few days. By the way, any ideas is it good idea to adjust pH if using plain water (pH 7.5 or so on)? I normally don't adjust pH of flushing water because there ain't no nutrients for plant to take in and I don't like adding any Nitrogen of Phosphorus define that time...

I got new soil (Supreme Special Lightmix) and put it to a test. Bubba Kush X Purple PCK... We'll see how that works. Added some coco in it, about 20% and all kinds of benificial microbes. B.A.C, Canna or Biobizz not sure yet.

FinFarmer

Malawi day 79 12/12

Malawi day 79 12/12

Sunday update time,

Ok, so little over 11 weeks has passed by. Flowering.
I think my lady has some nutrient burned leaves but they're old symptoms so I'm not too worried.

I've been using GHE Ripen, well I don't know how long, but perhaps some 10 days or something. Will keep on doing so until trichomes begins to look like it is time to cut off nutrients. Then plain water for one week minimum.

I can hardly wait to get first taster out of it, but "pick no buds before it's time" except maybe some testers, will be my guideline. To put it short: I will wait.

One thing bothers me a little bit is that I cannot have supplied high power light from straight above plants that Sativas should enjoy. It would be better than kinda sideway light I guess.

Anyways here's some pictures:

Attachments

• DSC08828.jpg
    DSC08828.jpg
    71.6 KB · Views: 10
  • DSC08842.jpg
    DSC08842.jpg
    60.5 KB · Views: 10
  • DSC08843.jpg
    DSC08843.jpg
    82.9 KB · Views: 12
  • DSC08851.jpg
    DSC08851.jpg
    110.6 KB · Views: 11
  • MalawiCloseUp.jpg
    MalawiCloseUp.jpg
    69.6 KB · Views: 11
G

Looking delicious FinFarmer!I am not sure because of the lighting,but looks like she probably won't need more than 2 weeks(of course always a matter of taste ),I would stop nutes at this point,but you know better what your girl needs .Great job ,looks like it's going to be a great yield! :tiphat:

FinFarmer

Looking delicious FinFarmer!I am not sure because of the lighting,but looks like she probably won't need more than 2 weeks(of course always a matter of taste ),I would stop nutes at this point,but you know better what your girl needs .Great job ,looks like it's going to be a great yield! :tiphat:

Thanks Syd Barret! :tiphat:

Lights (HPS's and red LED) makes taking proper pictures hard and for some reason the quality of pics drops dramatically when inserting them here.
I haven't grown any Malawi's before so you may very well be right about that two weeks.
I think I will let the lady take nutrients for day or two and then change to plain water.
Trichomes are mainly cloudy, and some amber also but only few at this point. Don't know is it reasonable way to determine ripeness of the Malawi.

Yield will be somewhere around 125 - 150g, I believe. Not too bad, given the conditions haven't been so good as I would wanted.
This lady smells so amazing that I'm thinking to maybe reveg it, but not sure yet.
One more pic:

Attachments

• DSC08835.jpg
    DSC08835.jpg
    53.8 KB · Views: 9

ULMW

Greetings FinFarmer!
Wow! Da gal got size! And yes you have done a lovely job with her. So happy her perfume is making you think to keep and reveg.
Am also happy with your harvest expected results. Sounds very nice.
You will surely enjoy her & Fruits of your labors!
Happy growing n Harvest!

FinFarmer

Greetings FinFarmer!
Wow! Da gal got size! And yes you have done a lovely job with her. So happy her perfume is making you think to keep and reveg.
Am also happy with your harvest expected results. Sounds very nice.
You will surely enjoy her & Fruits of your labors!
Happy growing n Harvest!

Thanks mate!

I have to drain the reservoir tomorrow of day after that and the add only water. Then after few days need to take small sample to figure out is it worth regenerating.
Too bad I have taken most branches and leaves from bottom of the plant, so if I regenerate it, it will be pretty tall gal :)

You will get your taster when it's time, that's res sure :tiphat:

FinFarmer

Malawi day 87 12/12

Malawi day 87 12/12

Good evening fellow people!

Day 87 flowering and still standing.
I changed the reservoir and added only water few days ago, maybe 6 or something. I didn't even change pH even though is it about 7.1 because I don't want to add anything to water at this stage. I'm not sure does the pH of water make much difference because there's no nutrients to intake...
EC 0.0. I use water from dehumidifier that is really pure.
I would like to hear some thoughts on changing pH during flushing.

There are some amber trichomes now but not much, perhaps some 3%.
Will keep her ripening some time still.

I did take small bud for test, but it's not quite dry yet to try. If it appears to be something truly special then I'll try to reveg it.
Here's few pictures:

And yes, I got new lights. I changed my two Gavitas (DE 6/750) to four CMHs.
My grow space is 2 meters tall/high and 1.9 X 1.8m so I think it's better to use 4 smaller wattage lights than 2 high power lights.
One light is Philips 315W 4100K CMH and three Philips 315 3000K. I had one (4100K) light already and got three 3000K with it. I will probably get new bulb to replace 4100K or another 4100 to replace one 3000K.
It is actually hard to see any difference between the colour of light but it is clearly visible in picture:

That's all folks.

Attachments

• Lights.jpg
    Lights.jpg
    48.5 KB · Views: 11
  • M4.jpg
    M4.jpg
    49.6 KB · Views: 12
  • M3.jpg
    M3.jpg
    49.3 KB · Views: 9
  • M2.jpg
    M2.jpg
    46.1 KB · Views: 10
  • M1.jpg
    M1.jpg
    50.2 KB · Views: 10
G

She's looking stellar FF!From now on it is a matter of taste of when to harvest,the test bud will help.Looks like one more week would be enough.

I believe pure water is great,ph not important now as you say ...

Congrats on the light upgrade,too! :tiphat:

ULMW

Fin Farmer! You doing a great job on Malawi. Really nice full bud structure with density now swomen too with resin by the tonne load. Guessing 10 to 14 days.

As your water is clean I doubt PH at this point past flushing to be of minimal influence to the harvested plant.
I flush then stop giving water til my coco goes dry then I wait to see the trich under my loop. If they are still too early then I give pure water until harvest but I try to harvest on a dry pot.
Can't wait to see how the CMH help trich development and general plant health compared to other lighting options.
Hope the other Aces are coming along well, too.
Happy growing! Soon Happy Harvest!!!:woohoo:

FinFarmer

She's looking stellar FF!From now on it is a matter of taste of when to harvest,the test bud will help.Looks like one more week would be enough.

I believe pure water is great,ph not important now as you say ...

Congrats on the light upgrade,too! :tiphat:

Thanks Syd,

I agree, one week might be pretty close call.

I'll let the pH be what it is. Actually even if I tried to change it, it would be pain in the ass because the water is pure that there's no buffers to hold it in place.

And I hope new lights will improvement. I have only grown lemon tree and butternut squash under one cmh, obviously :) so I have no real experience of those lights.

FinFarmer

Fin Farmer! You doing a great job on Malawi. Really nice full bud structure with density now swomen too with resin by the tonne load. Guessing 10 to 14 days.

As your water is clean I doubt PH at this point past flushing to be of minimal influence to the harvested plant.
I flush then stop giving water til my coco goes dry then I wait to see the trich under my loop. If they are still too early then I give pure water until harvest but I try to harvest on a dry pot.
Can't wait to see how the CMH help trich development and general plant health compared to other lighting options.
Hope the other Aces are coming along well, too.
Happy growing! Soon Happy Harvest!!!:woohoo:

Hi ULMW!
Thanks for your words.
Yeah maybe the pH isn't so important at this stage. You have very interesting flushing method, but you grow with coco and that's not my "expertise".
I hope CMHs will work nicely and help produce little bit better quality and maybe some quantity too, who knows.

Here's Zamaldelica. It has been flowering about 4-5 weeks:

Have a nice night!

Attachments

• ZamaldelicaDWC.jpg
    ZamaldelicaDWC.jpg
    83.9 KB · Views: 11

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Hi FinFarmer,

Really nice Malawi pheno, it's without any doubt a Malawi New Killer pheno,
looks like it can be harvested in the upcoming days :yes:

What's your opinion of the Bangi Congo x Panama hybrid ?
Did you have the chance to start to smoke/vape her ?

The new Zamaldelica seems to be coming strong! :D

FinFarmer

Hi FinFarmer,

Really nice Malawi pheno, it's without any doubt a Malawi New Killer pheno,
looks like it can be harvested in the upcoming days :yes:

What's your opinion of the Bangi Congo x Panama hybrid ?
Did you have the chance to start to smoke/vape her ?

The new Zamaldelica seems to be coming strong! :D

Hello dubi,

I almost forgot the Bangi Congo X Panama. I had major issues with her at last stages of growth. Mainly heat and humidity problems. I'm a little "sad" that I wasn't able to provide proper grow conditions for her. Now things are way more better in my grow space.
I have smoked it many times and even though the grow didn't go as well as I wanted it to go, it is still really nice smoke.
I'm not too good on describing the flavour of it, but it is very tasty treat. I will try to describe the taste better later.
She also has a lot of potency! Who knows how strong it would have been if things were different.
I like it best at night time smoke, relaxing and so on.

Ok, then Malawi New Killer.
What can I say about that one... I tested a small sample of it few days ago. It was just barely dry, well dry but no cured at all.

I smoked half of the quite small joint, waited maybe five minutes and nothing special. After five minutes or so... for the first time of my about 17 years of smoking history, I felt like I was on my way to a mushroom trip. Seriously.
I felt my eyes were wide open and my mouth too, staring roof of my house waiting it to bend. Not sure did it bend. After an hour or something I was like a kid in a toy (or mushroom) store. I was so exited and stoned, well stoned is actually wrong word to describe the feeling I had. Surprisingly no anxiety at all, just pure "what the hell is this stuff" feeling. I think it is obvious that you have crossed Malawi with Banisteriopsis caapi vine or ergot.
One "downside" was that I smoked it around 00.15. Not too wise move. I went to bed 02.00 not tired at all. I must have fall a sleep at 03.00. Well it was worth it.
Next day I felt I was high almost all day. Crazy stuff. Did I mentioned it was strong? It is strong.
And the bud I tried was a small nug from down side of the plant that didn't receive much light. I'm almost scared what will the colas be like. Not scared though, super excited is the word.
Ok I have tried it only once and need more testing, but damn...
Cannot wait for it to be ready to give testers to my friends.
My Malawi doesn't have enough sugar leaver to make water hash out of it, but maybe I'll see what I can do with isopropyl alcohol.
New Killer Malawi = not for the faint hearted people.
Something every stoner should try at some point.

Dubi and Ace seeds, I want to thank you for this plant. It is not every day you get to experience something so unique.

I'll post some pictures tomorrow before I chop it (almost) down. It is a must reveg. Cannot risk of not finding similar genes anymore.

Enough praises? Worth every praise.:tiphat:

ULMW

FinFarmer! Superb smoke report and indeed you have had that Malawi trip.
Surprising , rollercoaster exhilerating and somewhat hair raising white knuckle ride.
I had my first experience as a youth in UK and my friend and trusted elder who I got my herb from gave me a spliffs worth. Well actually not even that, back then it was with ciga death toback o that I mixed it with. Smoked it, thought as you mentioned, nothing much. I was more surprized why my elder only gave me a few broken bits from the big cob he had. I said my farewell and went back to my job in a restauarant in London. I just made it into the tube train and when the doors to the train closed my trip kicked in BIG TIME! I was stoned immaculate. Redder than red. Higher than I had ever been. Did not go down well trying to do kitchen prep and so on. Luckily my kind hearted Head Chef was also an herbal user in his working life around the world. So he noted I was too messed up for anything in public and thus took his revenge by having me peel 2 x 25kg Spanish Onions for sauce making. Dear God! His plan worked, with my bloodshot eyes red and sore from the Malawi cob I was tripping like crazy and the onions made me cry which just brought out the visual part of the trip to the extreme.
I tried lemons , coffee and fresh air all to no use. The trip was full on hard core tripping, sweaty racy bit paranoid and same time absolutely hilarious and beautifully mind expanding. Still recall the event like it were only yesterday.
Looking forward to trying your Malawi when she is ready. My Guawi and Haze x KC will be ready for sampling soon too.
Happy Harvest!!!

ULMW

Hi ULMW!
Thanks for your words.
Yeah maybe the pH isn't so important at this stage. You have very interesting flushing method, but you grow with coco and that's not my "expertise".
I hope CMHs will work nicely and help produce little bit better quality and maybe some quantity too, who knows.

Here's Zamaldelica. It has been flowering about 4-5 weeks:

[URL=https://www.icmag.com/ic/attachment.php?attachmentid=435568&thumb=1]View Image[/url]

Have a nice night!

Wha! I just looked pon Empress Zamaldelica!!! :greenstars:
You are rocking her. My word!!! She is going to be absolutely amazing and a good yielder from the looks of it too. Well done!!! Happy Growing! :)

FinFarmer

FinFarmer! Superb smoke report and indeed you have had that Malawi trip.
Surprising , rollercoaster exhilerating and somewhat hair raising white knuckle ride.
I had my first experience as a youth in UK and my friend and trusted elder who I got my herb from gave me a spliffs worth. Well actually not even that, back then it was with ciga death toback o that I mixed it with. Smoked it, thought as you mentioned, nothing much. I was more surprized why my elder only gave me a few broken bits from the big cob he had. I said my farewell and went back to my job in a restauarant in London. I just made it into the tube train and when the doors to the train closed my trip kicked in BIG TIME! I was stoned immaculate. Redder than red. Higher than I had ever been. Did not go down well trying to do kitchen prep and so on. Luckily my kind hearted Head Chef was also an herbal user in his working life around the world. So he noted I was too messed up for anything in public and thus took his revenge by having me peel 2 x 25kg Spanish Onions for sauce making. Dear God! His plan worked, with my bloodshot eyes red and sore from the Malawi cob I was tripping like crazy and the onions made me cry which just brought out the visual part of the trip to the extreme.
I tried lemons , coffee and fresh air all to no use. The trip was full on hard core tripping, sweaty racy bit paranoid and same time absolutely hilarious and beautifully mind expanding. Still recall the event like it were only yesterday.
Looking forward to trying your Malawi when she is ready. My Guawi and Haze x KC will be ready for sampling soon too.
Happy Harvest!!!

Hi ULMW,

Thanks for sharing your trip story! I believe it mush have been quite a ride cause you still remember it clearly.
:)

FinFarmer

Malawi chop day 93

Malawi chop day 93

Finally it is done. I chopped Malawi down yesterday. Well I left some small nugs at bottom of the plant for a new grow.
Don't know how easily Malawi will regenerate, but will do my best to help her.
Some Nitrogen heavy fertilizers and 24/7 light should do the job.
I by the way changed the nutrients from Advanced Nutrients to Canna Aqua Vega & Flores, Cannazym, Rhizotonic, Buffer Agent and perhaps PK13/14 and Boost later on...

Malawi was easier to grow that I expected it to be. No big issues even though climate could have been way better. Now that I have new lights (CHMs) and not so much heat and humidity issues, hopefully I'll do better on second run.

I gave pure water for las 11 days, and Malawi's leaves didn't go yellow at all. I'm little bit surprised about that. Perhaps next time I'll start flushing earlier.

I will post later final weight and smoke report (if I dare to smoke it:)) later. Here's some pictures right before chop:

Attachments

• Malawi.jpg
    Malawi.jpg
    89.1 KB · Views: 8
  • MClose.jpg
    MClose.jpg
    66.9 KB · Views: 12
  • Mclose2.jpg
    Mclose2.jpg
    70.3 KB · Views: 10
  • MClose3.jpg
    MClose3.jpg
    69.6 KB · Views: 10

FinFarmer

Finally it is done. I chopped Malawi down yesterday. Well I left some small nugs at bottom of the plant for a new grow.
Don't know how easily Malawi will regenerate, but will do my best to help her.
Some Nitrogen heavy fertilizers and 24/7 light should do the job.
I by the way changed the nutrients from Advanced Nutrients to Canna Aqua Vega & Flores, Cannazym, Rhizotonic, Buffer Agent and perhaps PK13/14 and Boost later on...

Malawi was easier to grow that I expected it to be. No big issues even though climate could have been way better. Now that I have new lights (CHMs) and not so much heat and humidity issues, hopefully I'll do better on second run.

I gave pure water for las 11 days, and Malawi's leaves didn't go yellow at all. I'm little bit surprised about that. Perhaps next time I'll start flushing earlier.

I will post later final weight and smoke report (if I dare to smoke it:)) later. Here's some pictures right before chop:

[URL=https://www.icmag.com/ic/attachment.php?attachmentid=436114&thumb=1]View Image[/url] [URL=https://www.icmag.com/ic/attachment.php?attachmentid=436117&thumb=1]View Image[/url] [URL=https://www.icmag.com/ic/attachment.php?attachmentid=436115&thumb=1]View Image[/url] [URL=https://www.icmag.com/ic/attachment.php?attachmentid=436116&thumb=1]View Image[/url]

Can someone tell me how to upload better quality pictures? Many of my latest pictures are quite nice quality before I upload them here..

ULMW

Try going to own albums and uploading there first. Then I think you can add from album and the pics become large and in text area not as thumbs...
Think there is a link on main page to uploading.