What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Ph Question - Tap water is 8.9 -Clackimus Coots Organic Soil

Pwyll

Many municipalities have switched from chlorine to chloramine. Chloramine is more stable it doesn't evaporate

Pwyll

Tds is low. A $25 carbon water filter will take care of the chlorine. A bottle of citric acid (earth juice) to lower the ph and you're good to go.

hellfire

You should use citric acid, and probably fulvic as well as I saw someone else say. But you should also be bubbling your water beforehand it'll help break down the chloramine. Some people do it for hours, some do it for days. I like to just keep it bubbling constantly in a decent sized res, makes it easier and you can fill it up when its getting low. If you can find it cheap enough, get some ascorbic acid. It can be used short term to remove chloramine, to be safe bubble for one hour.

There's really no point to do an organic grow if you end up watering chlorine/chloramine in killing off bacteria and microbes.

HazePhase

Yeah I might letting my water sit for 24 hours at least and I'm using citric acid to lower the ph before watering.

I might add my bubbler for the 24 hours but won't be bubbling all the time.

Great advice thank you.

h.h.

Veteran
A simple test. Drink some chlorinated water. Eat food. Does it digest? If the answer is yes, there is minimal chlorine. If the answer is no, see a doctor.

h.h.

Veteran
Right now I'm not watering enough for run off so I won't be able to do this.
Also with dolomite lime mixed in with a bit of oyster shell in my rock dust / my readings I feel 7.5 should be fine.

Water to drain to keep the salts in the water from building up in the soil.

PaulieWaulie

Veteran
Whats been your Ph going in, and Ph of run off. How are the plants doing ? I ask cause Im in similar soil mix soon and have same ph of 7.5 ish... medium 7.3 PH TAP

Latest posts

Latest posts