What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Advantages of a SEALED room...

shredGnar

Moses,

In my experience yes. I think my main reason for getting rid of the air cooling was to lose the ducting.. What a pain that shit is.
Plus even with so-called sealed hoods, you're pulling a bit of your co2 enriched , not to mentioned ganja scented, air out of your environment.

I didn't really notice a big increase in power consumption after going un air-cooled, so I really question the effectiveness in a sealed room anyhow...

moses wellfleet

Veteran
Moses,

In my experience yes. I think my main reason for getting rid of the air cooling was to lose the ducting.. What a pain that shit is.
Plus even with so-called sealed hoods, you're pulling a bit of your co2 enriched , not to mentioned ganja scented, air out of your environment.

I didn't really notice a big increase in power consumption after going un air-cooled, so I really question the effectiveness in a sealed room anyhow...
right so it is difficult to get an airtight seal with the ducting?

paperchaser825

It's just that it's damn near impossible to create an airtight ducting system of any kind. So you will at all time be sucking out environment from the room (though it may be very little if the ducting is run VERY well). Again, just my 2c.

overbudjet

Veteran
instead of pulling air, i push it through hood = +pressure so no leak.In my setup hood are leaking pressure(air in room) you can feel the air comming out of it, after 1 minute the pressure equalize and voila!Nothing go in the hood(smell)du to +pressure and nothing escape room because it's sealed.

Granger2

Veteran
Damn near impossible? My lamp cooling system is air tight, and it wasn't hard. I do wonder if it's worth it, though. I probably wouldn't spend all that much more for AC power than I do now. -granger

T

TribalSeeds

Im not sure if its been mentioned yet, but the biggest pro for running sealed is that you can eliminate variables. When your conditions never change it makes it easier to dial everything else in.

LyryC

ICMag Donor
Veteran
If you can't run a sealed room - what can be mimicked helping acquire optimum results?

moses wellfleet

Veteran
Damn near impossible? My lamp cooling system is air tight, and it wasn't hard. I do wonder if it's worth it, though. I probably wouldn't spend all that much more for AC power than I do now. -granger
what would be using so much power extractor fans, how many do you have?

shredGnar

It wast the ducting really, Even my raptor hoods that had the glass screwed in place leaked air and the rubber seal deteriorated after taking the glass off to clean a few times.. I liked no glass a lot more.

Honestly I sold the hoods and have moved on to vertical.. If I were to use hoods again I would just use adjust a wings...

T

TribalSeeds

If you can't run a sealed room - what can be mimicked helping acquire optimum results?

Youre probably dumping a ton of co2 into your lung room while youre sleeping in there.
Maybe you can get more co2 in there if you eat more beans?
Hope you dont catch a cold. Must be like an icebox up in there. Take your vitamin C homie!

Granger2

Veteran
Moses,
What I meant was this. I use less total power by air cooling my hoods with a 6" vortex, than if I pulled the glass off. It would take more power to AC the room if I took the glass off my hoods, but I really wonder if I save that much. I don't really know since I've never run without lamp cooling. The 1 vortex is 100w, so it doesn't use much. -granger

moses wellfleet

Veteran
Interested to know what temps peeps are running to derive maximum benefit from co2 enrichment. What works best for you?

Granger2

Veteran
Moses,
What works best for me is keeping temps as low as I can, which, prior to the re-design that I'm in the middle of now, has been 80-82. I'm hoping to be able to keep it about 78-80. -granger

adz007

Im far from an expert and have only just completed my first harvey in a sealed room (looking really good so far though) but I have done a lot of reading on forums etc. and most people seem to say that with CO2 your best to run slightly higher than normal and around 85C. There is far less agreement on night time temps. Some people say you need a drop of around 10 degrees some people say keep it around the same as the lights on as this will stop stretch (google "temperature dif" for info about this)

Andyo

Veteran
PH differences using co2 sealed room

PH differences using co2 sealed room

I noticed using ebb/flow in hydroton that the ph dropped as oppossed to rising in ebb/flow obviously on the drain cycle co2 being sucked into hydroton .
So i wondered if adding a little timed O2 via pipe to hydroton on the ebb cycle would help roots a lot .A

P

Puscifer

Interested to know what temps peeps are running to derive maximum benefit from co2 enrichment. What works best for you?

I use a cheap Hydro Innovations CO2 monitor modified to keep co2 levels between 900-1100ppm.
AC is set to 79 and air temps stay at 80 (gotta love inverter mini splits!), canopy is right around 84.
Lights out the AC will over-cool slightly and temps stay @76-78.
I keep my dehumidifier set to 65 and it comes on/off at will 24/7.
:tiphat:
*EDIT* My co2 comes on 30 minutes after lights do and off 30 minutes before lights go off.:)

moses wellfleet

Veteran
Ya exactly I was hoping somebody would come up with a simplified explanation... I think what It boils down to is you should be maintaining high humidity to achieve the best growth?