What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

The best home automatic watering ...

conlarazon

Veteran
Hello friends of ICMag, this water impeller system occurred to me by changing the water pump of the washing machine.

The same principle draining of washing machine

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

We put the buckets together by the stock and ear with ear ...

picture.php

conlarazon

Veteran
Components

The materials are very easy to find in hardware stores and fitting stores:

5 and 4.5 gallon plastic buckets
New or used washing machine water pump
Drain hose for washing machines 2,5 mts.
PVC fitting: Hi 25 x 3/4 elbow, 40 x 25 reduction bushing, 25 x 3/4 pond outlet, 25 mm PVC pipe.
Plastic bottle with lid (remedy type)
Drip irrigation connectors for microtube
Microtube
Box outlet or 16mm cable pass (orange tubes)
Electric cable 2 x 20 AWG
Male plug steering wheel 10 amperes
Pear switch (optional)
Silicone

We present the pond outlet and we mark, it should be approximately 1cm from the edge ...

picture.php

picture.php

We use the cup saw to open the exit

picture.php

picture.php

conlarazon

Veteran
Made for the stopcock and the hose outlet ...

picture.php

picture.php

Now we have better access to fix our pond outlet ...

picture.php

picture.php

conlarazon

Veteran
As I was just doing the system I had to turn the buckets to screw the pond outlet ... it costs a little, but with help it's shorter ...

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Final height of the system inside the bucket...

picture.php

conlarazon

Veteran
This is how it is finally

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

The electrical part is not complicated, we take the cable of the male plug and the cable of the pear switch ... we join a cable of each one in common as the photo shows, I used a connecting strip

picture.php

picture.php

conlarazon

Veteran
Final aspect with everything running

picture.php

And that's how he saves me when I leave the house for several days

picture.php

picture.php

And the microtubes ...

picture.php

picture.php

conlarazon

Veteran
It works, it works ...

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Of course you can improve many things, but this is just the basics to direct the water with power, then come the improvements. I am using one of the most economical water pumps for washing machines and the power is more than enough.

conlarazon

Veteran
For the distribution of the microtubes, I took a plastic bottle and made holes where I placed the outputs as shown in the photo ... Also on the lid I placed a 16mm electrical box outlet

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

conlarazon

Veteran
I started to test the power of the water pump and it occurred to me to do the following

At the top of the toilet I placed the system, and added a terminal on the end of the hose and I was surprised by the power and that it looks like a shower...

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Very powerful and still the cheapest water pump on the market here in Chile ...

conlarazon

Veteran
Very powerful and still the cheapest water pump on the market

picture.php

I put wheels on the lid and it was easier to carry when it is full of water

picture.php

Test

picture.php

Very easy to do

picture.php

AgentPothead

Just this guy, ya know?
Wow, I ran out of rep, but I'll be back for sure. This is great I love home made solutions to problems! Great job!

starke

I have always considered myself very adept at creative engineering and reuse of common items for growing needs. With a tear in my eye I must now bow to the true master. Great work guy! :bow:

weedtoker

Veteran
I salute ya for taking the time on that DIY, not enough rep as I said. With some minor adaptation it seems it can be used for organic/soiless organicc feed too.

cheers

conlarazon

Veteran
Hello and thank ...

Hello and thank ...

Hello my friends, thank you for your words, an honor.

No doubt it can be improved in many aspects and add inputs. Larger containers, add more pumps for example, sprinklers in the final tubes, etc.

Gry: thank you bro.

AgentPothead: I also like to solve things with my ideas and that's how i came to this system.

starke: Master, I hope that this system can inspire you and continue to solve our world with Maria, thank you.

weedtoker: I believe that with water pumps of better quality, we could have a continuous water system as for hydroponics.

For when I work outside the home, I leave the container with the water + fertilizer with Timer programming. 14 plants in indoor. When I leave full of water in summer, when you return you have half the water left, I mean, I can leave watering for almost 10 days ....

I hope you get to make this project and send pictures of how it works, I assure you that it will evolve.

Greetings from a distance, sorry my english

Salud por allá