What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Making a veg soil mix without the need for "cooking?"

Hello to everyone,

I'm in a situation where I need to start urgently some autoflowers and I'm out of soils like Biobizz All Mix etc. With the lockdown here the only way to get them is to order them online since no growshops are open. Ideally I don't want to do that.

I have a gardening soil which consists of peat, vermicompost and perlite without any fertilizers added. I can also order extra vermicompost and perlite as well as fertilizers from other garden shops which are less "shady".

In terms of fertilizers right now I have:
1) kelp meal,
2)a fertilizer with 7-3-12 NPK,
3)a fertilizer with 6-9-5 N-P-K + 12% CaO,
4) bat guano (1-10)
5) gypsum
6) dolomite
7) attapulgite
8 ) zeolite

Could I make a combination of those ferts+soil conditioners in order to make a soil mix for vegging the autos without burning them? They will be sitting in 4 gal pots. I have already made a "flower" soil mix for them but I want to cover the top 1 gallon of the pot with a less strong veg mix without waiting for it to be "ready".

Normally, in order to avoid waiting time for"cooking" of the soil I cover the top 1 gallon with soils like Biobizz All Mix - and I make a small hole in the middle covering it with Biobizz Light Mix in order to start the auto seedlings without burning them.

In essence I want to substitute the All Mix soil with a soil consisting of the ingredients I have at my disposal without waiting.

Thank you for taking the time to read that :thank you: