What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

An Original Glue 4 Recombinant Inbred Line

Pootang

Good to cya tom. Hope yer health is better now!
Miss seeing ya about.

I'm rerunning my favorite two moms right now to dust with the saved pollen to see if my giant pheno makes a lot of twins again.
The second mom had the dead exact on glue nose and perfect flower structure, the giant was near spot on but brighter and sharper somehow and a tad less raunch than the cut. Both had the same peppery burnt rubber pungent trim type experience.
There is gonna be some serious heat in those beans.

The nice thing now is I have gg4 bx7 I made and GB bx5s left.
That coupled with the gg4 mom as back up means I can reliably create new bxes if I ever run out to make the RIL. Since these lines recover so much of the recurring genetics and since I can damn near pick the phenos I want from sprout the results will be reliable.

At this point a selfed bx5 or RIL may very well put us at +99% homozygosity so that is my next move.

Tips on selecting that perfect pheno from sprout? Having never run gg4 clone only I'm not sure what to look for

Tonygreen

ICMag Donor
Veteran
In GB grab the tallest sprouts, chuck the rest, from there just look for the long node spacing and the right leaf type!

I wood

These landed today after the longest wait for seeds ive ever endured.
More than three weeks, which is kind of amusing since i grow about 10 miles south of Clio, where they came from. It took 15 days for my payment to get there.
Not a complaint, just an observation on postal service in a bad situation.
Be patient people.

A few of each of these were wet within minutes of receiving them.
I was a bit curious about the twin thing, happy to see one vial labeled, “twin pheno”.
A very nice surprise indeed, thank you much.

Rodehazrd

Hello Folks
I ordered from DC. It arrived in 8 days clearly marked from Paul N Chucker which caused a grin from carrier. Google that and know I'm in Kentucky. I won't likely use them again.
I put the first vial in the water for 24 hours and then went into Fort Vee mix. Here's pix of days 1 2 6 and 12. I'm in the woods so I only get 6 hrs good sun the rest is dappled . they are a little leggy but no complaints on germ or vigor. The smallest two came up later and one got bit on the seed leaf.

Rodehazrd

:tiphat:

Attachments

• 20200517_104041_HDR.jpg
    20200517_104041_HDR.jpg
    43.3 KB · Views: 53
  • 20200518_170316.jpg
    20200518_170316.jpg
    63.4 KB · Views: 53
  • 20200523_104651.jpg
    20200523_104651.jpg
    104.8 KB · Views: 47
  • 20200529_091313.jpg
    20200529_091313.jpg
    107.5 KB · Views: 54

Rodehazrd

Hey folks
I thought I'd show my progress. It's 35 days since receiving my seeds and I just went into 3 gallon pots. Spent 3 weeks in 4 in. Pot 10 days in 6 inch and roots running out the bottom. I had one didn't thrive the other 10 pretty good. One is skinny but finding a short one to chuck didn't happen yet. I'm hoping to see sex soon so I can get one outside in a nice mound. I heard tell GB was a slow start but not these. They filling my veg space like a striped haint.

Attachments

• 20200621_165544.jpg
    20200621_165544.jpg
    88.6 KB · Views: 53
  • 20200621_164919.jpg
    20200621_164919.jpg
    84.8 KB · Views: 51

Tonygreen

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Sweeeet! Please update! Mind if I share pics?
Top them and they will explode big time!

Rodehazrd

I will top soon sir. Feel free to share the pix sorry to only have phone pix. I finally got room inside under some LED's and safe from the critters. Four weeks to go before flowering space opens up inside. They should be well rooted in 7 gal fabric pots by then.
Do you think they will tolerate my 90 degree plus room. It runs 10 degrees above outside temp with exhaust fans full on. I usually just add more humidity and the hybrids I run don't seem to be bothered.
Thanks for making this genetic available to those of us who can't get elite clones.:groupwave:

Snook

Still Learning
Veteran
I will top soon sir. Feel free to share the pix sorry to only have phone pix. I finally got room inside under some LED's and safe from the critters. Four weeks to go before flowering space opens up inside. They should be well rooted in 7 gal fabric pots by then.
Do you think they will tolerate my 90 degree plus room. It runs 10 degrees above outside temp with exhaust fans full on. I usually just add more humidity and the hybrids I run don't seem to be bothered.
Thanks for making this genetic available to those of us who can't get elite clones.:groupwave:
Dont you worry about bring some of the 'critters' (bugs) inside your home with those that were outside?

I've thought about doing the same outside veg but in Florida, those 'critters' are very present.

Rodehazrd

Hey Snook
The critters I worry most about are deer, raccoons and ground hogs. I had them on the porch till my veg room cleared and got cleaned. You're right about bringing them inside. I dipped them in a 16 to 1 vinegar water mix as they went inside. I do that often between veg and flower with smaller plants and when repoting clones. I still find the mites sometimes . I'm in deep woods so I track a lot of stuff in anyway.

Tonygreen

ICMag Donor
Veteran
I've been in that situation. Long as its stable should be ok. 90 is hot but not gonna ruin em.
I used to be in the same boat. Some days ran a few cfls instead of hps to save the 110 degree days ha

Latest posts

Latest posts