What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Test grow: C5 x KC, HPH x KC, NH x Pan, Zam x Pan + Thai chi

Mountainkush

HphxKc is slightly affected as well
picture.php

picture.php

SolarLogos

I agree with you, the soil-less medium ph nutrient charts conflict with each other. It looks either cal or k but I think Cal. When I grew in coco and had any kind of deficiency or excess, I flushed with pH water (I ran mine at 6.2-6.3 pH and did fine, you will have to find yours) until the run off from the bottom is close to what is going in. Then feed half-strength nutrients with some cal/mag (pH'ed). I always like to add a little iron/zinc which greens them up nice as well. They look great, excellent job catching the deficiency early.
Peace, God bless

Mountainkush

Thanks solar. Your right. All the different charts say different things.
Calcium was my first thought and probably just need to feed at a higher strength. Canna has lots of cal in it already. I was testing run off with 0.7ec going in and 0-4ec coming out so I bumped it to 0.9ec.
It happened mostly out of laziness as I didn’t want to have to fill two different tanks and my Thai Chi and Nhxpan are light feeders and my ZamxPan seems to be in the middle. I’ll be getting my ass in gear tomorrow though and mixing different tanks.
I’ve ran 5.8ph with every feed for the last year and haven’t had too many issues other than being lazy and trying to feed too many plant on the same feed and burning tips.
I bumped the ph up to 6.3 the first day i noticed and have been dropping it back down slowly and sitting at 6.0 to see how they like it. The run off is 5.5-5.6ph from all plants and hasn’t changed yet but I’ve read that doesn’t mean much.

Last edited:

Mountainkush

Some pics of the rest at 16 days in flower tent as well. Sorry for the crappy lighting.
ZamxPan
picture.php

Thai Chi
picture.php

All going right into flower except the Nhxpan which at least has a few pistils.
picture.php

Hard to get a good picture but was surprised that the leaves are getting kinda frosty. They have a nice little sparkle to them. Very interesting plant to grow so far. With how sticky the stems are as well, I have a feeling this is gonna be a special girl.
picture.php

Mountainkush

3 weeks in flower tent. Not much to see but doing well and even the Nhxpan has started to flower. Started at 11.5/12.5 light/dark then slowly moved down to 11/13 as of a few day ago. Not sure how necessary that was but I did see a big jump into flowering for the Nhxpan right after I dropped the timer to 11/13. Could of been a coincidence I guess.
Back: Thai Chi, ZamxPan, Nhxpan
Front: HphxKc,C5cKc
picture.php

Mountainkush

Nhxpan
Not much of a scent to this one yet other than a generic plant smell. It’s the only one in the tent that has no real smell yet.
picture.php

ZamxPan
Absolutely love this one. Has been super easy to grow and smells like lemon lifesavers. It’s not often I get something so easy to identify.
picture.php

Thai Chi
Flowering really fast compared to the mom from seed. She took around ten week but took a couple weeks to start flowering at the beginning where the clone didn’t. Guessing the clone will only need about 8 weeks.
Smells amazing. It’s like opening a cabinet full of herbs and spices and getting hit in the face with all the scents at once. It really is something special
picture.php

HphxKc
These last two look a lot alike. This one has more of a fresh resin scent mixed with some sweet/fruity smells. The pistils are more yellow compared to the really white pistils on the C5xKc. Both have almost the exact same structure but the flowers have slightly different looks to them.
Still having some calcium issues with this one but nothing horrible at this point.
picture.php

C5xKc
This one shares the fresh resin scent with the HphxKc but has more of a spice in the background very similar to my Thai Chi.
picture.php

deepwaterdude

Wow, looking very nice and excellent updates, MK. The lemon lifesaver ZamPan is I hope a panama goddess leaner, best terps ever. You also got a very different C5 x KC than mine, I'm thinking heavy KC leaner, which is also a terp bonanza. I'm very interested how the NH x Panama turn out. Looking very good;o)
deep

Mountainkush

Wow, looking very nice and excellent updates, MK. The lemon lifesaver ZamPan is I hope a panama goddess leaner, best terps ever. You also got a very different C5 x KC than mine, I'm thinking heavy KC leaner, which is also a terp bonanza. I'm very interested how the NH x Panama turn out. Looking very good;o)
deep

Thank Dude,
Really excited for the ZamxPan and would be awesome if it’s more to the panama side as I haven’t tried that one yet. Absolutely loved the Zamaldelica fem I grew so happy either way.
I was surprised how similar the C5xKc and HphxKc are. Guessing they are both pretty Kalichina leaning but I have no experience with that strain other than my Thai Chi. They both have a fairly strong smell just not very refined yet.
I’m pretty excited to see how the Nhxpan turns out too. She was doing great but started getting some discolouration on the tips. Kind of a lime green. Just started a week ago.

Mountainkush

Nhxpan
picture.php

This lady was doing pretty good but started to show signs of a deficiency. Turned a few leaf tips pale green. I raised the EC a bit and increased the run off which seemed to help but then it started getting a bit worse today. Gonna give her a good flush with the rest of the reservoir tomorrow amd make a fresh tank, see what happens.
picture.php

picture.php

You can see it a little better here. Kinda looks like a copper deficiency with the dark almost bluish leaves, but I suck at figuring this stuff out.
picture.php

Mountainkush

Thai Chi
These beautiful little flowers have starting to fatten up a bit. I love the shape they take on at mid flower like this. Only lasts a few days before she starts reflowering and fills out more.
Im thinking next time I’ll let her veg a bit more to get some bigger colas as they can easily be tied down.
picture.php

I was smoking on some of this last night and still can’t believe how good it makes me feel.
picture.php

Mountainkush

ZamxPan
I really hope this one keeps it’s bright lemon scent. She has been by far the easiest to feed and train in the tent this round. Also love how much resin is forming on the fan leaves.
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

deepwaterdude

Doing really well, MK! DOn't know what's affecting your NH x Pan, I'd keep up with calmag just in case. Great looking tent! deep

Mountainkush

Thanks a lot dwd,
I gave her a good flush today with some calmag and canna coco A&B and made a new batch of feed. Hoping it at least helps.

Another group shot from the other end
picture.php

right

Nice show Mountainkush , I'm enjoying it. May I ask are you finding any solid males of the Thai chi , or are they fems?

Mountainkush

HpHxKc
This ones starting to fatten up a bit and the sweet/fruity has been replaced with a sweet/slightly skunky smell. Still hard to tell as the fresh resin smell overpoweres on this and the C5xKc so far.
picture.php

A little lower bud
picture.php