What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Kali China

need4weed

Veteran
Mother 6, S1

Mother 6, S1

I'm not a big fan of selfing a clone by itself unless there are no other plants to play with ... but in this case it worked quite well.

It's the selected mother 6 that i chose to reverse, pollinated by itself (S1). This one was tested in another room that had some heat problems at the end of flowering, chinese and its hybrids prefer slighty fresh temps (around 20ºC) in the last month of flowering to produce best quality and more resin production, and this kind of selfing breeding induces more inbreeding, but also found interesting this S1 generation, some S1 plants produced very nice yields despite the inbreeding and heat problems.

All the plants from the different lines matured in 8-9 weeks.
Hi Dubi, put of curiosity, have you explored backcrossing several generations only s1s to start with? I'm just thinking with all the feminisation going on globally that we can definitely maintain certain strains that are only available as an S1 and produce seed stock to avoid losing the line. For example, an OG kush, grow 10 s1s, select a mother to keep, then use a sister to feminise, use the 2nd and 3rd generations to stabilise.

BumSplodgeBrownPants

My Kali China is very happy now. (apologies for the bad pictures, but you get the idea!) She's in the LED tent, I'd really like to see how she does under the CMH one day.

DSCF1015.JPG

DSCF1019.JPG

DSCF1017.JPG

I'll try and get some better pics in a few weeks. :dance013:

BumSplodgeBrownPants

Looking great in early flowering @BumSplodgeBrownPants :) great frost already.
Based on her appearance, thin stems and stretch, looks to me like she is an offspring from mother #21-16.
Still early, but how is she on the nose ?
Hi @dubi !

She is very strong smelling of tropical fruity mango but there's a darker funk to it also.
Maybe a bit of a body odour funk?
Meaty possibly.

Or that could be me. :biglaugh:

Cheers Dubi!

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Hi Dubi, put of curiosity, have you explored backcrossing several generations only s1s to start with? I'm just thinking with all the feminisation going on globally that we can definitely maintain certain strains that are only available as an S1 and produce seed stock to avoid losing the line. For example, an OG kush, grow 10 s1s, select a mother to keep, then use a sister to feminise, use the 2nd and 3rd generations to stabilise.

I think i explained a bit how Kali China was developed in the first post of the thread @need4weed

First, there was a Kali Mist x China outcross. Then, the outcross F1 was backcrossed to China Yunnan, and the result was later line bred. The green Kali China 6 S1 was explored but was not included in the Kali China release since 2014. This release is made by reversing a purple Kali China #21-4 to pollinate her purple sister #21-16, purple-brown cousins #22-10 and #22-25, green auntie #6, and itself (S1, but not that much).

Reactions: LHC

Tranquilidade

Kali China x Outback Haze (ACE RND) end of week 6. She is in 1 gallon pot and stretches on the same level as Panama, but not so crazy as Thai Chi :) Just switched to 12/12 and feeding with BIOCANNA Bio Vega and Biobizz organic cal/mag. My first true organic grow :) Leaves and structure are more on Outback haze side. Super stoked about this one!

kc-out.jpg

Last edited:

Latest posts

Latest posts