What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Family members with big mouths

Green Squall

So lets say you live in a legal state and a family member told their best friend about your hobby. They say its not big deal because its legal now. Your under the plant limit but your still feeling unsettled. Hypothetically, could leo get a search warrant under these circumstances?

armedoldhippy

Veteran
So lets say you live in a legal state and a family member told their best friend about your hobby. They say its not big deal because its legal now. Your under the plant limit but your still feeling unsettled. Hypothetically, could leo get a search warrant under these circumstances?

the feds could, and easily. but, if you are state-safe i doubt they would go to the trouble. if your local sheriff/police chief isn't under pressure (re-election in doubt?) you are probably okay...

Green Squall

the feds could, and easily. but, if you are state-safe i doubt they would go to the trouble. if your local sheriff/police chief isn't under pressure (re-election in doubt?) you are probably okay...

Small town department and they don't have much to do. Her friends son is one of them. I've known these people my whole life.

Scrappy-doo

If your numbers are in check there's really not much they can do even if they wanted to. They need suspicion and/or evidence a law is being broken in order to get a search warrant.

St. Phatty

Depends on the meaning of legal.

If it's Arizona version of legal, I hear you can't just have a home grow there.

In some counties of California, well for sure you can have a home grow.

Sometimes if you're feeling unsettled that could mean something worth listening to.

One option is to get the names & numbers of 5+ local Cannabis attorneys and talk with them. One of them might be affordable.

Green Squall

Depends on the meaning of legal.

If it's Arizona version of legal, I hear you can't just have a home grow there.

In some counties of California, well for sure you can have a home grow.

Sometimes if you're feeling unsettled that could mean something worth listening to.

I'm well within the legal parameters since I only grow for a head stash. My state is somewhat generous with the plant count and I'm well below that. Its the utter stupidity of this person that has me so worked up. Some things are just private, no matter how insignificant they might seem.

sdd420

Veteran
It not just the person who they told about your grow but all the other people that that person tells. You could get ripped off or worse.....
We all need to talk to our kids about this for sure. Peace sdd

Green Squall

It not just the person who they told about your grow but all the other people that that person tells. You could get ripped off or worse.....
We all need to talk to our kids about this for sure. Peace sdd

Exactly. I was like "Haven't you ever heard of the fucking game telephone!?"

Stoner4Life

Medicinal Advocate
ICMag Donor
Veteran

get any guns AND ammo out of your crib if you're worried, ammo counts as an offense if they need to USE it as an excuse to validate their warrant, if they were to come up completely empty handed then that becomes grounds for a lawsuit.

give those fuckers an inch and they'll turn it into the almighty mile.......

St. Phatty

I know the feeling.

I have let friends see an indoor winter grow.

Only to find out that another neighbor then knew about me growing.

Basically no putting the cat back in the bag (or is it box ?) after that's happened.

I think it's a normal part of growing. You tell people you think you can trust, in a moment of bad judgment or inebriation they share that knowledge.

Just got to make sure you are 'compliant'.

Green Squall

If you are in a legal state, its a civil infraction. You might get a ticket, watch out.......

Home growing is legal and I'm under the plant limit...well I will be this week once I cull some males. I spoke to her today and I doubt shes going to flap her mouth. Shes a really quiet, reserved person and she actually felt bad that the situation made me uneasy.

MJPassion

Observer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Some things are just private, no matter how insignificant they might seem.

Sometimes this must be explained to some people.
And even then, they still might not get it!

My brother told me that there should never be any secrets and I laughed in his face and told him he was full of shit and why.
He immediately changed his tune when I asked him if he called CPS every time he needed to discipline his daughter!

X

xavier7995

I have a similar issue. Both my dad and my wife's family cant seem to help their excitement at being around weed and say really inappropriate shit around my kid. They talk about it at family gatherings so my wife gets to embarrassingly try to brush it off to her grandma and such. I think i am just going to start shouting "MILLER FUCKING LIGHT" at them when they act a fool.

St. Phatty

Some things are very difficult for people to restrain/ discipline themselves from talking about.

A Cannabis Grow or Grower is right up there with, having a Transgender family member and trying figure out how they "do it".

Some things are just hard not to talk about.

Green Squall

Some things are very difficult for people to restrain/ discipline themselves from talking about.

A Cannabis Grow or Grower is right up there with, having a Transgender family member and trying figure out how they "do it".

Some things are just hard not to talk about.

Certain people are just hardwired to gossip. There's a few of them in my family, unfortunately. Whatever happened to keeping a secret? I swear, the majority of humans can't be trusted.

armedoldhippy

Veteran
Certain people are just born hardwired to gossip. There's a few of them in my family, unfortunately. What ever happened to keeping a secret? I swear, the majority of humans can't be trusted.

if more than one person knows about something, it is no longer a secret...

Dog Star

Veteran
Family is more dangerous than mafia and more suicides are between family members
than in criminal organizations... thats a fact..