What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

The Blood and Bones of the Fallen Grow Flowers

justiceman

Veteran
Looking beautiful! Some of those are going to be huge by the time they're finished. I aspire one day to need a chainsaw to harvest.
The kind words are much appreciated. hahahaha a chainsaw would be hilarious!

Justice,

what is the stem rub smell like on them?
I'm not very good at discerning big differences from stem rubs but I can tell you they are very pungent.

-------------------------------------------

Alright everyone the true flower period is upon us! Things are going pretty smooth. Starting to see just a touch of lighter leaves on the bottoms of the bigger plants now. I had meant to lay guano down in the big bed already but I have allowed time to slip past me. Today I will hook them up. I'm sure they will be happy to receive the gift of guano.

Afgooey
Starting to stack up nicely. Cannot wait to see this big main cola and I am very happy that she finally made it past the last ring of the tomato cage. That was my goal for all of them and she was the last to complete the task. I'm interested to see what kind of yield this girl produces considering her size.
picture.php
picture.php

Blueberry Bubblegum #2
Loving the compact bushy shape she has. Looks like it's going to be a pretty good yielded considering her compact size. I think the side branching she has is what makes the difference. She's greened up some from the guano, but not quite perfect. I'm hesitant to add anymore at this point as the two in this small bed seem to be fast finishers. I'm definitely willing to take a hit in the yield department to get some smooth smoke too. The thing I've learned about organics over time is once you add fert you can't take it back. Just gotta let it ride out even if it's too much.
picture.php
picture.php

Farm Cheese
I'm gonna have to trim a bit more of tree. One or two of the branches are touching the farm cheese. Overall she's looking good and reaching for the sky. She's finally in full flower. This one's gonna take forever to finish haha. At first I thought she was pretty lanky but seems to be filling out nicely. I can't wait to see what she looks like a few weeks from now.
picture.php

Continued in next post..............

justiceman

Veteran
picture.php

On a side note look what I found growing in the big bed! This makes me really happy. The soil food web in my big bed is doing very well. This means there is a strong mycelium network helping to break down organic matter and transfer nutrition to different areas. Mushrooms are a good sign. They love to break up wood chips that bacteria aren't powerful enough to handle. Now if they start to pop up en mass then I'll know my bed has a fungal dominance over bacteria. If that happens I may apply a EWC compost tea to help boost up the bacteria to balance things out.
picture.php
picture.php

Outlaw
A very pretty lady. She's somewhere in between the height and internode spacing of the Farm Cheese, and the compact bushy structure of the Blueberry Bubblegum #2. Loving the structure. She's at about the same stage as the Farm Cheese. I'm assuming they will both be finishing a later than the Afgooey and Bluebery Bubblegum #2. I'm glad I separated the strains the way I did.
picture.php
picture.php

JustSumTomatoes

Indicas make dreams happen
Great pictures and great growing! The Farm cheese and Outlaw will be stuffed with buds in no time! That Afgooey is going to be one dense stout girl. I just love Afghani Indicas. I might have missed it earlier, but did you say what all was in it genetics wise?

justiceman

Veteran
Great pictures and great growing! The Farm cheese and Outlaw will be stuffed with buds in no time! That Afgooey is going to be one dense stout girl. I just love Afghani Indicas. I might have missed it earlier, but did you say what all was in it genetics wise?
Right on! I cannot wait to see how the Farm Cheese and Outlaw look. Not really sure what to expect in terms of yield but it looks promising.

I too love Afghani indicas. No problem I don't remember if I stated it's genetics but the Afgooey = Afghani #1 X Maui Haze :tiphat:

noknees

I too love Afghani indicas. No problem I don't remember if I stated it's genetics but the Afgooey = Afghani #1 X Maui Haze :tiphat:[

the afgooey looks like a tank! i'd like to try it indoors :dance013:

lookin good, and keen on the harvest!

https://www.leafly.com/indica/afgooey

https://www.*********************.co.uk/strain-hunters-seedbank-seeds-afgooey/prod_4347.html

justiceman

Veteran
the afgooey looks like a tank! i'd like to try it indoors :dance013:

lookin good, and keen on the harvest!

https://www.leafly.com/indica/afgooey

https://www.*********************.co.uk/strain-hunters-seedbank-seeds-afgooey/prod_4347.html
It looks to be a very solid candidate for indoors especially with it's controllable predictable structure. I'm excited to see how she looks in a few weeks from now.

Gonna be some huge colas on those girls! Beautiful plants
I can't wait! I'm most interested to see how the Farm Cheese colas form. She's so damn tall.

--------------------------------------------

Greeting fellow farmers! I hope all is well with everyone. Recently the temps went back up a bit into the 90’s for a few days but now we are back to the perfect high 70’s and mid 80’s.

I’m thinking I will start splitting updates into flower shots and structure shots. That way I’ll update a bit more often but on different subjects. So let's get into flower shots this time.

Afgooey
This one looks like she got tricked into flower a bit early, but then realized it wasn't actually time once the smoke cover in the area dissipated. Now she knows for sure that it's flower time. Very nice resin production so far. Only the top looks like this. The lower flowers are coming in as normal.
picture.php

Blueberry Bubblegum #2
This one has beautifully shaped buds so far and the resin production is awesome. As far as bud structure goes this one is my favorite so far, but it's too early to say for sure since this one and the Afgooey are the farthest along.
picture.php

Farm Cheese
Here she is! Finally starting up with some resin production. It looks like she is gearing up for some big flowers. I sure hope so.
picture.php

Outlaw
This girl is the very last to start producing resin. I'm assuming I'll see some in the next few days or week, but I'm liking the structure so far. There are a lot of flower sites on this one.
picture.php

justiceman

Veteran
Happy happy happy looking ladies.

Right on Starke! I've been lucky with some really nice weather lately. I think they have been enjoying it.

--------------------------------------

Yo!

Hope everyone is doing well. I’ve been having a pretty good time this summer compared to the last few. I seem to have found some piece of tranquility I have not had before. Anyway time for some structure shots!

This one will be quick because I have to go do a few things so only pictures. I may come back on later to edit, or add in some comments. Hope everyone gets nice and toasty today.

Afgooey

picture.php

Blueberry Bubblegum #2

picture.php

Farm Cheese

picture.php

Outlaw

picture.php

Farm Cheese + Outlaw

picture.php

starke

Those are happy ladies. It's nice to see the plant growing in it's natural shape. Gotta love Christmas trees.

justiceman

Veteran
you found tranquility and some nice plants on the way

This outlaw looks a monster!
I remember thinking she was a little but stunted a while ago. I was wrong haha. She is really proving herself to be a big girl.

Those are happy ladies. It's nice to see the plant growing in it's natural shape. Gotta love Christmas trees.
Right on. Yes I'm definitely enjoying the natural shapes. Just letting them do their own thing is really cool to see how they form.

----------------------------------------------------

Hello everyone! I hope everyone is enjoying this outdoor season. It has been pretty sweet so far in terms of weather. This time I'm coming in with some flower shots. With many flowers come many responsibilities. Things are starting to look pretty tasty.

Afgooey
So far this one is producing a quality amount of resin. I'm loving her. She also has the exact smell that I remember from dried afgooey flowers in the past. I'm very excited as I love this smoke. Cannot wait to sample this one.
picture.php
picture.php

Blueberry Bubblegum #2
So far the structure of the flowers on this one is ideal. Nice and thick. Dense with resin and an overwhelming smell of the classic blueberry smell. Really pleased with this one.
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php

Continued on next post.......

justiceman

Veteran
Continued from last post.....

As you can see the time for constant vigilance is upon us. This isn't bud rot. It's caterpillar damage! I found the first one the other day. Every day until harvest I'll be coming through trying to catch as many as I can in hopes of preventing devastation. Fortunately I have not seen very many. I've dealt with it in past seasons and usually only loose a little bit. One time I lost a lot. I'm hoping this season will be kind to me. It's not easy to hold these guys back. After that section dries slightly more(tmw) I'll be removing the dead plant tissue. If left unchecked it will rot in time.

picture.php

Farm Cheese
This one is looking good so far with some pretty nice looking flower structure. Kind of annoying it's so tall that I can't really take any good pictures of the main colas haha. I have found zero caterpillars in this 4x8 bed. Lets hope it stays that way
picture.php
picture.php

Outlaw
This one is is starting to stack pretty hard. I'm thinking she's aiming to compete for who will produce the most. Nice structure so far. Pretty compact and uniform around the entire plant. Resin production i starting to gear up.
picture.php
picture.php

LungCooking

I use to find caterpillar in my buds a lot, then i started to spray my plants with fresh aact during the whole vegetative process and havent seem any caterpillar anymore, maybe coincidence? Also much less leaf suckers.. I thought, well, the microbe life wouldnt live on the leaf anyways, how could be? Maybe when the tea dries, leaves aact residue on the leaf and predators dont like? not sure...

I also spray my plants with 50/50 H2o+H2o2 one week prior to flowering, i have the impression that they love it and i dont defoliate top leaves ever.. i found out later mostly of budrot use to show up on the base of the leaves that were plucked away...

justiceman

Veteran
The colas on that Blueberry Bubblegum look killer
I'm very excited to see them dried. I love the structure.

I use to find caterpillar in my buds a lot, then i started to spray my plants with fresh aact during the whole vegetative process and havent seem any caterpillar anymore, maybe coincidence? Also much less leaf suckers.. I thought, well, the microbe life wouldnt live on the leaf anyways, how could be? Maybe when the tea dries, leaves aact residue on the leaf and predators dont like? not sure...

I also spray my plants with 50/50 H2o+H2o2 one week prior to flowering, i have the impression that they love it and i dont defoliate top leaves ever.. i found out later mostly of budrot use to show up on the base of the leaves that were plucked away...
Interesting, but it makes sense. Many use BT or Spinosad, but in my mind the AACT most likely contains those organisms already, and I believe you are touching on a good subject. Microbe life does live on leaves. That's why people can get budrot, or powdery mildew. Basically an overabundance of unwanted microbes/fungi. It makes sense that the biological diversity of AACT keeps those kinds of imbalances at bay.

----------------------------------------------------

What's up fellow growers? It's time for some structure shots. So far everything is going pretty good. There have been some decent winds coming in but the plants have been holding up to it well. Looks like the girls in general needed just a bit more food in the soil for "perfect" nutrition, but I'm not too worried. They are lightening up a little bit on the bottoms, but overall look good. It's all smoke for myself anyway so a hit in yield won't be a huge deal. It's already gonna be more than I need. What I'm really excited about is it looks like the two indica dominants int he small bed seem to be finishing faster. It will help me stagger the harvest so that I don't get too overwhelmed with work.

Afgooey
picture.php

Blueberry Bubblegum #2
picture.php

Farm Cheese
picture.php

Outlaw
picture.php

justiceman

Veteran
Everything's looking great man! Have you been dealing with heavy rains or seeing any sign of mold at all?
Thank you! Fortunately there have been no rains or signs of mold yet. Fingers crossed.

-------------------------------------------------------------

Sup everyone :tiphat:

It’s time for some flower shots! For about a week things cooled down but now we are back into the 80’s. Resin production is in full effect now and the flowers are starting to stack and thicken up.

Afgooey
I love the unique afgooey smell. Not even sure how to describe it, but anybody that knows should understand. I was hoping to see more compact flower development from this one. I'm not sure if it's a common genetic characteristic or if it just happens to be this phenotype. The calyx's seem a bit more sparse in comparison to the others and she seems to want to produce more sugar leaves as well which makes trimming a bit harder. Overall I'm definitely happy with her though. Interested to see how the flowers look fully developed.
picture.php
picture.php

Blueberry Bubblegum #2
She smells strongly of blueberry's and it's pretty unmistakable at this point. What I really like on her is the flower structure. The calyxes are compact, dense, and the overall flower size relative to the plant size is awesome. Looks like a nice yield coming in so far.
picture.php
picture.php

Continues on next post.............

justiceman

Veteran
Farm Cheese
Now would you look at this one. She's finally producing some good looking trichs so I can start to get an idea of what she'll smell like. So far it's slightly fruity but mostly skunky. I am liking the diversity in aroma's so far from all the different strains this season. She is also beginning to produce a large amount of dense flowers. I am very excited to see what kind of yield will come off this one.
picture.php
picture.php

Outlaw
Oddly enough I thought this one was ahead of the Farm cheese in terms of resin production, but looks like they switched places haha. The aroma from this one is only describable as fruity pebbles for me. She has kind of a hybrid flower structure between the Farm Cheese and Blueberry Bubblegum #2. She is stacking nicely. Definitely going to yield a nice amount from this one as well.
picture.php
picture.php

Goats

Thank you! Fortunately there have been no rains or signs of mold yet. Fingers crossed.

-------------------------------------------------------------

Sup everyone :tiphat:

It’s time for some flower shots! For about a week things cooled down but now we are back into the 80’s. Resin production is in full effect now and the flowers are starting to stack and thicken up.

Afgooey
I love the unique afgooey smell. Not even sure how to describe it, but anybody that knows should understand. I was hoping to see more compact flower development from this one. I'm not sure if it's a common genetic characteristic or if it just happens to be this phenotype. The calyx's seem a bit more sparse in comparison to the others and she seems to want to produce more sugar leaves as well which makes trimming a bit harder. Overall I'm definitely happy with her though. Interested to see how the flowers look fully developed.
View Image View Image

Blueberry Bubblegum #2
She smells strongly of blueberry's and it's pretty unmistakable at this point. What I really like on her is the flower structure. The calyxes are compact, dense, and the overall flower size relative to the plant size is awesome. Looks like a nice yield coming in so far.
View Image View Image

Continues on next post.............
that bb2 looks really nice :biggrin:

Latest posts

Latest posts