What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Why the West cannot stomach RUSSIA!

Elmer Bud

Genotype Sex Worker AKA strain whore
Veteran
On the upside you can bribe the cops. :)

I know this one Russian guy who said all you have to do is give the police a few flat screen TV's if you get caught growing weed, in America good luck bribing cops with something as cheap as TV's. :biggrin:

Of course the same goes in just about any poor country, really in Thailand I heard you can get away with most shit for like $100.

G `day CD

I have more info re Thailand .
Busted with weed . Bribe = $ 400 US . Same as what the fine would be .
No record and no probation .

But ... the cops now know when ever they want some quick cash , who to visit ...
Thai cop gets about $20 US a day = $120 a week .And they have to buy their own uniform and gun . Promotions are bought .

Find some foolish westerner and your pay just tripled for the week .

Better deal to arrange a monthly fee for them to turn a blind eye .

Thanks for sharin

EB .

Its sad that the US Media promotes hatred and condemnation of Russia and spreads fear and makes Russia out to be so evil.

They need us to believe that Russia is evil so that they can then show that Trump is evil because he "colluded" with them to win the ellection.

I dont think either of those facts are true. Russia is not evil and neither is Trump or America for that fact.

America, Russia, China, and ever major country on earth make an effort to "interfere" with elections of consequense around the world. No one should be supprised by this fact.

The left wing media brings up the fact now as a straw man to try to invalidate Trumps win.

But i digress.

Interesging post as usual Gypsy. I hope Trump is able to normalize international relations with Russia. I think he wants to. I think he likes strong leaders and i think he respects Putin and the Russian people.

Now if Russia did poison that guy in England with a chemical weapon, they were wrong. Things like that fuel the negative connotation.

White Beard

we should also remember that communism ended up killing even more then the 25 million the Russians lost to defeat the nazis. due to bad centralized communist policies there was mass starvation in a country with rich soil, its a long story but they literally made bad decision after bad decision and ended up killing a huge amount of their own citizens.
Maybe the CHIEF reason Russia is not popular in the region...

White Beard

Its sad that the US Media promotes hatred and condemnation of Russia and spreads fear and makes Russia out to be so evil.

They need us to believe that Russia is evil so that they can then show that Trump is evil because he "colluded" with them to win the election
Scare quotes around ‘colluded’?
You think collusion is imaginary?

The evidence of collusion is everywhere, these people weren’t even being careful.
This investigation is huge. You don’t agree, sure. Fine.

“Okie Smokie” said:
Russia is not evil and neither is Trump or America for that fact.
How did evil get into this? Someone’s exaggerating.

“Okie Smokie” said:
America, Russia, China, and ever major country on earth make an effort to "interfere" with elections of consequense around the world. No one should be supprised by this fact.

The left wing media brings up the fact now as a straw man to try to invalidate Trumps win.
Do you consider yourself a patriot? A citizen of the United States? I cannot conceive of a patriot saying it was fine with them if ANY OTHER NATION changed our elections’ outcomes, or worked with US officials and campaign workers to achieve that end, or paid others to do it for them. If it’s not literally treasonous, it ought to be.

And the media, ANY media, trying to say ‘wake up, this is bad’ is somehow strawmanning? Please.

If you can be okay with it, well....

Klompen

Do you consider yourself a patriot? A citizen of the United States? I cannot conceive of a patriot saying it was fine with them if ANY OTHER NATION changed our elections’ outcomes, or worked with US officials and campaign workers to achieve that end, or paid others to do it for them. If it’s not literally treasonous, it ought to be.

The thing that most people via the mainstream media are missing is that the real election was right here at home. Clinton and Trump were friends for decades right up until there were a bunch of sources saying that Bill Clinton encouraged Trump to run as a Republican and "shake up the Republican field". Then suddenly we were to believe that Trump and the Clintons HATE each other.... Then John Podesta inadvertently told the whole world about their "Pied Piper Strategy" via the leaked memo entitled "Operationalizing The Strategy"(could it sound any more Deep State than that?). Clinton also has at least as many ties to Russia as Trump does, if not more, but we're supposed to believe that Putin arranged for Trump to win because he's just ooh so scary and powerful. Clinton, Wasserman-Shultz, and their vassals like Podesta as much as openly rigged the DNC primaries, but we're to believe they couldn't possibly have done such a thing to the election in general.

I'm sure it was Russia that got over 5 billion dollars worth of free airtime for Trump and not the secret workings on the Clintons right? I mean the media just LOVES Russia(especially Maddog Maddow). I'm sure Russia and Iran conspired to get Kissinger to endorse both candidates? Russia and a their DOZENS of Twitter bots totally just took control of American minds and forced them to vote for a reality TV star to be their leader. Putin is super powered apparently.

White Beard

More damning of HRC in my book is the endorsement she received from Charles MF Koch. You may know the Koch patriarch was a major factor in founding and funding the John Birch Society, and is widely viewed as a likely participant in the businessmen’s plot.

It’s useful to understand the current shenanigans as a continuation of the Koch family quest to write their OWN constitution.

Elmer Bud

Genotype Sex Worker AKA strain whore
Veteran
Scare quotes around ‘colluded’?
You think collusion is imaginary?

The evidence of collusion is everywhere, these people weren’t even being careful.
This investigation is huge. You don’t agree, sure. Fine.

How did evil get into this? Someone’s exaggerating.

And the media, ANY media, trying to say ‘wake up, this is bad’ is somehow strawmanning? Please.

If you can be okay with it, well....

G `day WB

Jeez ! You Mericans have some double standards .
Interfere with elections , governments and populations with regime change in foreign countries for 70 years .
But don`t you dare do it back to us .

You are aware that`s why the Iranians don`t like the USA ?
Because the US Gov caused regime change .

3 little letters . Try googling this term C - I - fcking A

Arabian Spring ?

Wasting 1s and zeros ...

Thanks for sharin

EB .

Klompen

The left wing media brings up the fact now as a straw man to try to invalidate Trumps win

You mean the same media that gave Trump over 5 billion in free air time? There is no "Left-Wing Media". There's barely even such a thing as a real Left-Wing in this country.

White Beard

G `day WB

Jeez ! You Mericans have some double standards .
Interfere with elections , governments and populations with regime change in foreign countries for 70 years .
But don`t you dare do it back to us .

You are aware that`s why the Iranians don`t like the USA ?
Because the US Gov caused regime change .

3 little letters . Try googling this term C - I - fcking A

Arabian Spring ?

Wasting 1s and zeros ...

Thanks for sharin

EB .
*SOME* Americans DO have double standards, and I’ve long been aware of our government’s willingness to do bad things for bad reasons, have never approved and have never forgotten. I don’t think “it’s okay for us to do but leave us alone when we do it”. We shouldn’t do it, no one should do it.

My point is that the so-called ‘right’ wing has always been ready to warn against threats to our sovereignty and to raise the alarm pretty frequently whenever anything happens that’s not profit-motivated, so I would have thought they’d see this as a bad thing. No, they think it’s a good thing, because beating the Democrats is more important than defending the nation against foreign intrusion into our elections.

I mean, they keep going on about all the illegal aliens that vote (they don’t) and shit like that, and they have highly effective vote suppression operations like Alex Jones and his posse, they like to purge people from the rolls if they miss an election or two, and they built the school to prison pipeline to get young black men incarcerated - and thereby lose their right to vote before they even get it.

And with the new electronic voting machines that create no audit trail, the republicans have been doing everything in their power, locally and nationally to keep some from voting, and gerrymandering has gone a long way toward making Republican house seats unloseable, so you’d think they’d have some confidence in their own ability to swindle their fellow citizens out of their own country, but n-o-o, they have to drag Russia into this. That’s just extra-dirty pool.

To recap: the supposed hyper-patriotic “conservatives” have been working to jimmy the vote from the inside for decades, as they’ve pulled their voting base further and further to the right. Having tried all respectable options to fool the American voter, they opted in ‘16 to go with an asshole with a short attention span, and managed to help the Russians perform in-depth interference.

These shenanigans sadly are as old as the nation, but at this point in history, the only thing that is keeping the wealthiest individuals and families from taking over the nation lock, stock, and barrel as their PROPERTY, is not having a secure
Lock on SCOTUS, which Kavanaugh would give them. With Kavanaugh seated, along with the rest of the federal apparatus, police could begin to simply round up Hispanics and incarcerate them, sell them off as slaves, push them out of planes over Mexico - what, who would stop them?

Our “Patriots” wouldn’t stop them, they’re the voters who WANT us in this mess. Even now, with the GOP firmly in control of DC, the Democrats are to blame for everything...when in fact, the Democrats can hardly find a broom closet to meet in.

If Kavanaugh is seated or not, if GOP keeps control of both houses on Congress, they will try to bully their way through a worst-case outcome of the Mueller investigation. They may well succeed. If the two parties split Congress, it will be war like we’ve never seen it before, and I been watching this shit for fifty year.

Hope that provides a little overview for you, Elmer! :tiphat:

White Beard

Just for contrast...

Just for contrast...

I always find it quite refreshing after projecting myself into some other society and imagining how things might look from that perspective.

Instead of always looking at the east from the west, try looking at the west from the east etc. By using the internet as a tool, you can usually find out how others view our societies, what they think of us historically, socially and politically... and it is possible to get a glimpse of that situation. Of course there is no better way to find out than to actually travel to these nations such as Russia and form a practical opinion from direct experience.

Russian History Links/Books

The Verdict: Russian history books
Despite its intimidating size, Stephen Kotkin’s Waiting for Hitler is a gripping account of the twilight of the Revolution and the advent of Stalinism. Whereas the other books collected here predominantly focus on the chaos of the revolution itself (the Romanovs’ downfall, the Provisional Government, the parades, protests and uprisings) Waiting for Hitler is a study of the revolution in practice, of what happens when the gunfire stops and the governance begins.

Anne Applebaum, too, studies the practical consequences of revolution in Red Famine, but there is plenty to read for those who are more interested in the October Revolution causing all of this centennial buzz. Even after some two decades, Orlando Figes’s People’s Tragedy can still be called the go-to history of Russia’s revolutionary period, but Russia in Revolution, October, and even Robert Service’s Last of the Tsars all provide readable, comprehensive portraits of this century-shaping year in Russian history..

6 Best Russian History Books:

https://www.independent.co.uk/extra...ndo-figes-anne-applebaum-stalin-a8020706.html
John Reed’s book on life inside the revolution “9 Days That Shook The World” helps round out the picture.

Might have that title wrong, but close

Latest posts

Latest posts