What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Does this look like a Blackjack?

simon

Weedomus Maximus
Veteran
picture.php

picture.php

I've been looking at BJ grows, and my plant doesn't really look like others'. Bought a 3-pack, flowered 2. One was a runt, and above is the other. Vegged 4 weeks, done in ~9, stretched ~2x, fairly benign smell in bloom. I just chopped it yesterday, so that's about all I can say so far. The beans were in a sealed breeder pack, FWIW.

Simon

Abja Roots

ABF(Always Be Flowering) - Founder
Veteran
I have no idea what it is, but those tops are ridiculous!!! Nice man. Very very nice.

Tommy G

:|Sweet Seeds®|:
Vendor
Veteran
Hi simon!

Thanks for the pics my friend ;)

Well, with a close-up of a flower it would be easier to be sure, but for what I can see in the pics yes, it looks very much like Black Jack flower. The biggest bud you've got there, on the left, seems very much like the Black Jack bud that you can see in the Sweet Seeds catalog, with dark green leaves and lots of resin. Get us a closer shot and you'll see ;)

Sweet smokes!

tommy

simon

Weedomus Maximus
Veteran
picture.php

I'm afraid the plant's been hung out to dry. Would it be better if I took some pics after I put a couple of weeks cure on it?

Simon

Tommy G

Vendor
Veteran
Hi again my friend!

Nop... I have no pics of cured Black Jack buds to compare.

Have a look:

picture.php
picture.php

If we ignore the quality of the pic in my opinion the flowers are too similar... and if you used seeds from a Black Jack original pack then I think there are no doubts at all ;)

Thanks for that pic of the buds drying, that's a nice harvest you've got there buddy, enjoy it, sweet smokes!

Oh... and you can share a pic of the dried and cured flowers, you're welcome to do it and to share a couple of comments about the taste/aroma and effect when you try it. That's another way to assure you that what you have is Black Jack. Cheers!

tommy

simon

Weedomus Maximus
Veteran
Hi again my friend!

Nop... I have no pics of cured Black Jack buds to compare.

Have a look:

View Image View Image

If we ignore the quality of the pic in my opinion the flowers are too similar... and if you used seeds from a Black Jack original pack then I think there are no doubts at all ;)

They do look very similar. Thanks. As you can see, photography is not one of my strong suits.

Thanks for that pic of the buds drying, that's a nice harvest you've got there buddy, enjoy it, sweet smokes!
That's the last of it; all test plants. After 7 years of working 7 days a week, I've shut down my op. It's time for a vacation. A long one. lol

Oh... and you can share a pic of the dried and cured flowers, you're welcome to do it and to share a couple of comments about the taste/aroma and effect when you try it. That's another way to assure you that what you have is Black Jack. Cheers!

tommy
Will do. I'm pretty anxious to smoke it and see what I'm dealing with. Its structure is just what I look for in a (production) mom. I'll post a weight, as well.

Simon

simon

Weedomus Maximus
Veteran
picture.php

I uploaded this pic about a week ago, but didn't want to post it until I was sure the humidity stabilized and the weight was correct.

Simon

Tommy G

Vendor
Veteran
Hi simon!

Very nice harvest :tiphat:

And looking very attractive also, just like Lucky 7 mentioned ;) Hope you enjoy the taste and effect.

Sweet smokes!

tommy

Latest posts

Latest posts