What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

ganesh

blackosprey

Looks great, congrats.
I am growing this out right now, and I have a question that hopefully the breeder can answer for me, no intent to hijack. The description of the seeds says that flower is 8 weeks. Is this from the flip or from the emergence of pistils? The girl didn't show truly until almost 18 days after the flip, so that would give me about 5 1/2 weeks of flower and that seems very short. I am 6 weeks into 12/12 now, growing under 270 w cfl r2d2 style box.
Any help is appreciated.

Tommy G

:|Sweet Seeds®|:
Vendor
Veteran
Hello my friends! Welcome to the Sweet Seeds subforum :tiphat:

alpha-pinene: thanks for the pics, your Ganesh Spirit looks really sweet and with some good sized buds. Hope you enjoyed it ;)

blackosprey: thanks for the visit and for growing this strain. I can't be 100% sure because I collaborate with Sweet Seeds only in the moderation of their forums (this and other 7 forums), but from my personal experience I think that the time mentioned in the catalog for the flowering period is to start counting from the day that the pistils start froming little flowers. Most of the strains from the catalog start flowering usually 5 to 12 days after changing to 12/12... I think that Ganesh Spirit might be the one who takes a little longer, like you're experiencing and so maybe you'll have it ready in 7 weeks after the first pistils appeared, which means that you would probably be harvesting the plant in 3 or 4 weeks from now.

If you can post a picture it will be easier to share a more accurate opinion with you, since there may be some variations related to grow parameters.

See you around my friends, sweet regards,

tommy

Latest posts

Latest posts