What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Which Sweet Seeds strains?

simon

Weedomus Maximus
Veteran
I'm putting together a seed order and I'd like to include something from Sweet Seeds. I've grown out S.A.D. and Green Poison is one of my staples. I'm looking for 2 strains, one for personal and the other commercial. Commercial, I'd like flower quality similar to Green Poison, if that makes sense, with a similarly short finish time. Yield, of course, if paramount. Personal, I need very smooth smoke and high potency. What do you suggest?

Simon

Solidopc

I just chopped one of 2 green poison phenos i kept from my last go with them. They are all very quick, and the best one, which i just chopped, has a lovely sulphurish, dank aroma, and cracking bubbly buds.

I've grown loads from them, but havn't found anything with as short a flowering time. Psicodelicia is a good yielder if fimmed and vegged well, and was about 8 weeks. I found a beautiful purple pheno. I'm sure all the pics are these grows are in my albums and diaries here.

Cream caramel is another good yielder at about 8 weeks, but with a much sweeter aroma and taste than psicodelicia.

At around 9 weeks, jack47, blackjack and sweet tai are all good. J47 being a fantastic yielder of high quality, strong smoke. Probably my favourite sweetseed variety along with the psicodelicia, moham rahm and green poison.

Moham rahm was a really great smoke, quality allround and very potent. Lovely dank smelling herb. Wasn't a big a yielder as others, but was still good.

I'd probably go with psicodelicia and moham rahm and jack47 being you have green poison. The first two are lovely dank ones and jack47 more fruity/piney. I bought more of all 3 after harvesting the first lot.

simon

Weedomus Maximus
Veteran
Thanks very much for the detailed response. I'm kinda eying Jack 47 and Mohan Ram. How would you describe their smoke quality in terms of smoothness? My lungs aren't what they used to be.

Simon

shafty420

sweet cheese at 45 days cant go wrong with it or jack 47/psico

med_gallery_46705_2371_312055.jpg

Solidopc

I found the moham rahm a lovely tasting weed. Quick thick and expansive smoke though, so not sure if thats what you are trying to avoid. I wouldnt say it was harsh at all though.

The psicodelicia is a less heavy smoke, with not quite as nice a taste as ther moham, but still lovely. J47 is pretty smooth i guess, never thought any of them were harsh mind. I'd definately go with the moham rahm, its a really great smoke. The buds are a really dark green, allmost blue colour, and amazing resin. The smell and taste is fantastic.

Tommy G

:|Sweet Seeds®|:
Vendor
Veteran
Hello my friends!

What's up simon? Nice to have you around :wave:

I've just been keepin' myself quiet because I would say pretty much the same that our friend Solidops is telling you (thanks for the comments mate). From my personal experience Mohan Ram is a very good option for your commercial issue, althought I would keep a good jar for personal use if I were you. And not from my personal experience but from what I read in the 5 cannabic forums where Sweet Seeds owns a subforum, I guess I could say that with Jack47 you'll get a very good smoke for your own, at least in terms of potency, because in terms of smooth smoke you can get smoother strains from the Sweet Seeds catalog, such as Cream Caramel or Wild Rose.

You can think of Mohan Ram as a Sweet Afgani but more potent, frostier and even more stable and vigorous. And it's one of the cheaper strains from the catalog.

Hope you make the right option, if you need any more info or advise to make a decision feel free to ask ;)

Keep it sweet, kind regards,

|tommy_g|