What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Folitech + Penetrator + Wetting Agent?

Lizard Fish

I have been using folitech and penetrator together with decent results. Is it ok to also use a wetting agent with this combination?

G

Nope. Penetrator IS a wetting agent. Ya can use penetrator to foliar feed any nute or additive ya like. IE: make up a weak nute mix and add penetrator = instant foliar feed.
I would stick with what ya already using, works as good as anything else on the market.

Stay Safe. Peace.

meduser180056

I got some penetrator cuz I need it to use DM's Reverse. I picked up a catalog and now the advertising is starting to get to me. That Folitech shit sounds nice.

Lizard Fish
Could you describe how u use it and what it does in your experience so far?

Aussie is right Penetrator is the wetting agent/delivery agent so you don't need anything else.

Lizard Fish

I use Folitech mixed to the bottles specifications, along with what is now 60 ml per gallon of Penetrator. I have started using it every three days in veg and notice a big difference in plant growth within 24hours.

I have read that penetrator is a "delivery" agent, in that it opens the passage way and allows nute to flow in quicker and more efficently than using foliar feed alone or with a wetting agent. I think i read that in dutchmasters own website.

I have noticed when i use my other sprays(pest out,neem) with a wetting agent like Wet Betty or even Liquid Ivory, that the water will entirely envelope the surface of the leaf. When i use the Folitech and penetrator it just beads up and doesnt really cover the entire leaf as the wetting agent does.

Anyone else notice that penetrator used to be mixed at 20 ml per gallon and now it is mixed a 60 ml per gallon and they charge the same price for the same size. I think its crappy to water it down and charge the same.

G

Lizard Fish said:
I use Folitech mixed to the bottles specifications, along with what is now 60 ml per gallon of Penetrator. I have started using it every three days in veg and notice a big difference in plant growth within 24hours.

I have read that penetrator is a "delivery" agent, in that it opens the passage way and allows nute to flow in quicker and more efficently than using foliar feed alone or with a wetting agent. I think i read that in dutchmasters own website.

I have noticed when i use my other sprays(pest out,neem) with a wetting agent like Wet Betty or even Liquid Ivory, that the water will entirely envelope the surface of the leaf. When i use the Folitech and penetrator it just beads up and doesnt really cover the entire leaf as the wetting agent does.

Anyone else notice that penetrator used to be mixed at 20 ml per gallon and now it is mixed a 60 ml per gallon and they charge the same price for the same size. I think its crappy to water it down and charge the same.

G'day.
Not real sure why you would want to add a delivery/wetting agent to a pest control mix. Neem and the like is for external pest control. Neem is naturally oily, so it would adhere to the leaf anyways. Don't think I'd want my neem oil entering the plants internal system via penetrator or wet betty use. :confused:
I have spoken to DM peeps here in Oz where it is made. The original penetrator, after long term use, did not meet their expectations. it was then reformulated to the current specs. The new specs are what the company is whistling about.
I am still using a bottle of the old folitech "veg" with penetrator already added, DM said they weren't happy with "it" either, but I'm using it just the same, with acceptable results.
Delivery/wetting, it's all the same thing with a different name description. Don't believe all the ad hype, try and decide.
I would personally recommend DM products to anyone who wants to try 'em. :sasmokin:

Stay Safe. peace.

G

on the topic of dutch master foliar sprays..

Has anyone tried the new Max FX used with the Penetrator?

My local hydro shop says I have to try the trio using.. as I believe the company calls "The Foliar Advantage". Foliar feed using Pen and Folitech 2 days a week..using the Fx on the off days...or something like that.

Anyone using the stuff. The trio is pretty pricey compared to the rest of their nutrients.

$25 for the Penetrator
$32.50 for the Max FX (grow or flower)
$32.50 for the Folitech (grow or flower)

Lotta dough to spend on a foliar treatment..worth it? chime in.

peace

coolx

Penetrator is NOT a wetting agent - it is a delivery agent (meaning it opens up the leaf pores so the leaf can absorb whatever you're spraying, I think). 2 diff. things. Use 2-3 drops (per qt or gal - I forget which) of some liquid soap like Dr. Bruners(?) as the wetting agent, as LF says, it will give you even coverage.

Lizard Fish said:

Yeh, my hydro guy at bghydro told me that - what a rip-off!!

Last edited: