What's new

Which ACE outdoor strain suitable for the tropics is the most mold proof

RRResin

Which ACE outdoor strain, suitable for the tropics, is the most mold proof?

I live in the sub tropics and mold can hit any plant with even semi loose large buds and definitely most with dense buds. I sometimes seed plants and it's not uncommon here to have seeds germinating on the bud in bad seasons (but we have good years too!, like last year when I didn't have any mold and I didn't need to water once, now that's a great year for guerrilla growers .

What I need to grow are tall, loose, airy strains that could be grown in a brightly lit steam bath and still not mold..which ACE strains would you recommend?

Green

Veteran
Hey RRResin,

Mmmmmm, tropical tall trees with airy buds. Fuck yeah!
You are in luck my friend. Some of the ace catalog can truly be grown out to maximum potential in humid tropics. Look for anything over 14-20+week finishers, longer flowering time the better.

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Welcome RRResin,

If your main concern is mold resistance and you don't mind long flowering times then we would recommend our most tropical sativa landraces and hybrids: Ethiopian, Honduras, Golden Tiger, Oldtimer's Haze, Panama Haze, Purple Haze Malawi, Zamaldelica standard, Tropical Mix standard. All these strains will reach good size in tropical/subtropical latitudes producing big yields (despite the short photoperiod the whole year), with very little o mold free.

If you are looking for mold resistant sativa dominant hybrids with shorter flowering time then Congo and Bangi Haze are great choices although they will start to flower earlier than the very tropicals, producing smaller plants with smaller yields.

If you are considering indicas then PCK and its dominant hybrids like Violeta are the best choices.

Hope it helps with your choices! :)

ChaosCatalunya

5.2 club is now 8.1 club...
Veteran
What Dubi said ,plus, in my garden, the Malawis were so sweet and fruity that they got eaten noticeably more than other, more typically woody sativas.

I would also recommend running several different varieties ,outdoor especially the old adage of not putting all your eggs in one basket comes to mind.

ChaosCatalunya

5.2 club is now 8.1 club...
Veteran
Sorry, I forgot to mention... The sweet Malawi got "eaten" ... holed by Caterpillars, these bits, after a lot of rains,these parts alone rotted, but no undamaged sativa flowers have moulded, the rot did not spread... The only moulded flowers I have seen have been previously weakened by damage.

This plant recovered, from intense floods after 3 days of 8" an hour rains (at peak) and provided some great smoke. No, really.

picture.php

akirabull

Sorry, I forgot to mention... The sweet Malawi got "eaten" ... holed by Caterpillars, these bits, after a lot of rains,these parts alone rotted, but no undamaged sativa flowers have moulded, the rot did not spread... The only moulded flowers I have seen have been previously weakened by damage.

This plant recovered, from intense floods after 3 days of 8" an hour rains (at peak) and provided some great smoke. No, really.

View Image

just a little flush :)

Latest posts

Latest posts