What's new

help from american grower to choose a led panel

carlo87

Hi guys, I'm italian and here in europe the led panels are all crap made in china, I'm here for ask an help to choose an USA led panel which have no comparisons! My growing are is 1 square meter x 2 meter height, I would replace the 400W MH/HPS with led, but in USA you have many choice and I don't know all products and which are the best. I saw Platinum advace, Kind, California lightworks, and Black dog, but I have little knowledge abou leds and I don't which to choose. For my ignorance I like Black dog and California lightworks but I have no idea which model, how many watt and if this brands are really good. For these reasons I would ask for help to you which are the numbers one in cannabis world!
Thank you in advance for the precious info you give me!

Koondense

Veteran
Ciao Carlo.
Don't get fooled, there are also options in EU which are made in EU. You can get kits from germany and finished cob lights from spain and italy.
Remember for any item from US you pay import taxes in range of 20%.
Google for "cob grow light eu".

Cheers

Jellyfish

Invertebrata Inebriata
Veteran
winner@420giveaway
I'm having good luck with my ViparSpectra 450. Very well-built. And it has its own fan, which is nice!

Phychotron

A lot of American companies just resell Chinese fixtures, and they'll drop ship direct from China to anywhere worldwide. They handle warranty issues and make sure the manufacturer is producing lights up to a certain standard and then they charge 2-3x the price. I still think its important to buy from one of these resellers compared to generic brands because you won't have to send the thing back to China to fix it, but if your not in America they'll probably just have you ship direct to china for repairs.

I use Advanced LED lights but am getting into the home made market--much more bang for the buck.

https://fluence.science/ <--Those guys seem like they're making the best light on the market right now. When I originally saw the design of the spydr years ago I thought "THATS IT!" but they were way too expensive then. NOW they've come down in price and are more comparable to the other fixtures I have. If I was going to buy another grow light it would be one of theirs.

I'm trying to purchase most things from outside of ASIA right now. It unethical to keep buying their disposable products. I bought a chinese ice scraper and it broke first time out, the one from Canada still works because they know the value of an ice scraper. I'm going camping and bought a new saw. I took an extra hour to find one that was made in Sweden, where they know the value of a good saw. Now why would I buy a grow light from a country that doesn't even grow weed?

carlo87

In Europe I did't found products such Blackdog Phytomax o for example California Lightworks, only Phytoled has a new product Clorofilla that use Cree Osram leds, also Ortoled seems a medium good product but I found nothing like Blackdog, Caifornia or other USA brand, american products seem more reliable, and then a lot of marijuana grow professionally and then I think they have more expertise and development.

Jellyfish

Invertebrata Inebriata
Veteran
winner@420giveaway
I have used an HPS. I prefer the LED's because they run so much cooler. Yield results are also slightly in favor of the ViparSpectra over the HPS.

carlo87

But with this led panel can you get a crop about g/watt? I ask this because I saw that's really cheap, and if so could be a great choice!

Jellyfish

Invertebrata Inebriata
Veteran
winner@420giveaway
I couldn't say, because this is my first run with it. But it LOOKS like my best crop yet.

Phaeton

Speed of Dark
Veteran
Ceiling height is important. Black Dogs have to be about a foot (30 cm) away from the plant top, limiting plants to about two feet (60 cm) tall. Advanced XTE and Dwarf Star need two feet (60 cm) distance and can grow plants up to four foot (130 cm) tall.

I have done side by sides with several brands of LED and found the width of the beam angle to be the major defining difference of similar powered LEDs.
Petflora does Amare side by sides and can comment on those with changeable lens kits.

carlo87

Guys, I like these two panels: CLW Solarstorm 440 and Amare Solar eclipse, do somebody give me any advice on which is the most performing? Thx again for help!

carlo87

From those two I'd pick the Amare.

Koondense If you know something better I accept suggestions, I also thought about Viparspectra PAR700, but it seems to cost too little compared to the other. I'm looking for a really good leds panel.

Jellyfish

Invertebrata Inebriata
Veteran
winner@420giveaway
Viparspectras can be found "used" on eBay all the time for about half the original price.

Koondense

Veteran
Amare seems to be very good, you can build better lights for less but since you need a finished product, go with amare. Or watch growmau5's videos and build a light for your needs.

Jellyfish

Invertebrata Inebriata
Veteran
winner@420giveaway
Those are the littlest ones Viparspectra makes aren't they? Sorry they didn't work for you, my 450 is making me very happy.

What did you not like about the 300 watters, if you don't mind saying?

Latest posts

Latest posts