What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Need Advice Chop Early or Let it Ride.....

Grateful D

So Ive been battling broad mites this whole grow, in fact my last 3 grows, but i tossed the first two out and cleaned like a motherfucker hoping to eliminate the problem to no avail. Have tried everything... avid, forbid, sulfur spray, sulfur burns, nukem, ogbiowar, heat treatments, asprin in the rez every week.... all to no avail. Anyway I am in the financial position where i need to get a harvest, so i decided to try and let this grow play out. I was able to control them pretty well in veg, but since i flipped them i have been slowly losing the battle. Even spraying every other day they are just to impenetrable when they have the buds to hide in. Anyway im at the beginning of week 6 with two 8 week strains, Agent Orange and Deathstar (which seems to have a much better natural defense against them, and the buds smell good and are sticky, but I have dying pistols all over the place. I dont know whether it would be better to chop them now, or say fuck it ive already come this far and just let it ride until the bitter end. Would love to hear your guys opinions. Sorry for the shitty pics

MountainBudz

⛽🦨 Kinebud and Heirloom Preservationist! 🦨 ⛽
Are you 100% sure you have broad mites? How did you diagnose this the issue?

Seen any pollen sacks, flowers or balls throughout the grow?

Also from experience spraying plants with "Anything" during flowering, even water usually causes pistils to turn brown/orange/red. So can heat.

I'd at least give them another week.

Also you could take a few tops off and let the rest ride it out just so you can get the funds to take care of your financial problems.

Believe me bro, all the weight is in the last two weeks, and you are at that starting line now.

MountainBudz

I have had issues with broad mites before. Tried everything, heat treatments seemed to work the best for me. Even shut the grow and entire room down for 4 months, bleached, sprayed insecticides routinely and also set off bug foggers of different sorts in that time period.

My only solution was moving to a new location, away from that fallout zone.

Good luck... You will need it.

Grateful D

unfortunately i am sure i have broad mites, confirmed the eggs over all over... this has been a long ongoing issue that i have been fighting for months. The sprays causing them to turn brown... thats interesting i never considered that. I usually dont spray in flower. They have been getting sprayed aggressively since the day they were planted

Grateful D

yea i wish i had a place to pack up and move to. before the next grow we are going to steam clean the whole house, and strictly limit the amount of plants and keep them very trimmed with as little leaves as possible to fight them. going pesticide and sulfur heavy in veg, gonna get more than just the forbid and avid i am using now, gonna get a few more pesticides with different modes of action and rotate them to hopefully eliminate the bugs. but we will see, i know not to get my hopes up too high so far its been a losing battle. i am in the northeast, and they arnet a big problem out here, in fact im the only one i know who has them, not sure where they came from but they are horrible. just gonna keep fighting the good fight until i win or give up

MountainBudz

I aint gonna recommend it, dont know if your grow is in a living area but I hear that the hot shot no pest strips work great for them. I have some in my arsenal but haven't ever got around to using them since I moved.

My new grow location believe it or not is infested with brown recluses. Also my current grow I am running is pretty over crowded and it makes me a nervous damn wreck on my hands and knees crawling in there. Makes my hair stand up just thinking about it lol...

How long do you have before you need the money?

MountainBudz

Damn bro, sounds like you are all out of options. You will either need to spend a good chunk of money or relocate as bad as i'd hate to say it.

I forgot to add, using aspirin throughout the grow when I had the infestation seemed to really help out a lot as well.

Good luck man!

Teh_Baker

Dust the entire area with DE. I didnt see that mentioned as an option you had tried... it wont get rid of everything, but it can at least give you a handle before you have to chop.