What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

How to get fastest growth rate in veg

samiam

I'm shooting for fast growth in veg.
so I'm thinking 85f, 80rh, co2 1000 ppm.

start 4 rooted clones in 3.5x3.5 small square pots coco/hydroton mixed 25% coco 75% hydroton water once a day for one week under t5.

Week 2 transplant to 2lt pots water once a day under 250mh.

Week 3 transplant to 4lt pots once a day water under 400mh.

Week 4 transplant to 8lt pots once a day water under 600mh

Week 5 transplant to 16lt pots water 1-2 times a day under 1000mh

Week 6 flip in the 16lt pots water 2-6 times a day

This will all be DTW.

What y'all think?

Is mix to dry? Pots not right size?

I use injectors and 50 psi pump on drippers with timers multi zone manifold, so I could water many many times a day.

samiam

Why mix hydroton? Because it holds more air than water unlike perlite, Allowing better drainage and faster wet/dry cycle in veg.

It seems djm is vegging 9 weeks and only starts multifeeding once in flower. I want 5 weeks veg and multi feeding in veg but I know you can't do that starting off in 1 gal pots.

Attachments

• GS-NEW-CHART-3larger1.jpg
    GS-NEW-CHART-3larger1.jpg
    29.4 KB · Views: 11

Dog Star

Veteran
Fucking work.. guess you have OCD with all those transplanting while
you could transplant clones directly in 16 liter and live them grow this way..

hope you dont think transplating every week force plants to grow faster,
as tranplating is also some kind of shock,specialy if you didnt made him proper..

but OK if you wish to sees where this going am cool with that.

samiam

Transplanting 4 plants a week is to much work?

My plants never show any stress after I repot.

Below is a clone that was planted in 100% perlite in solo cups for 2 weeks under t5 Fed 1-3 times a day grew twice as fast as ones in 100% coco in solo cups Fed every other day.

Attachments

• WP_20150412_08_51_07_Pro.jpg
    WP_20150412_08_51_07_Pro.jpg
    50 KB · Views: 12

Rider420

Ouch almost as much roots as plant, it looks more like deep water culture then a drip system. Transplant only once and use sunshine mix or some other premade mix and follow your plant food manual for the proper feeding schedule. Also for four plants any more then 400 watts in 12/12 is a waste.

FYI In my non-recovery rockwool drip system I water every two hours in veg and bloom. I root clones for two weeks but I never veg more then a month and that is with a very slow growing indica, sativas take less then two weeks veg. Four plants eh just like in Canada eh or will be in 2018 Best of luck Dude!

Last edited:

samiam

No it's not dwc I beat the perlite out of the root ball before I took the pic.

I'll be using 1k lighting per 2 plants in 12/12.

morvis

maybe like two or 3 times in the whole life of the plant. I have 3 stages.... Sprouts go in a red solo cup, Then they go into 2 gallon cloth pots once the roots start filling up the perimeter, then I may go into a 7 gallon a few days before going into flowering light cycle. I just put a couple clones that are a few weeks after root in the 2 gallon I'm starting flowering now at ~a foot tall that will be flowering while my next full size run is in the vegetation box.

Jhhnn

Veteran
Fucking work.. guess you have OCD with all those transplanting while
you could transplant clones directly in 16 liter and live them grow this way..

hope you dont think transplating every week force plants to grow faster,
as tranplating is also some kind of shock,specialy if you didnt made him proper..

but OK if you wish to sees where this going am cool with that.

Amen. In organic soil, I only transplant once, going from seed to sexing at 5-6 weeks in 3L airpots, then into 5 gal fabric pots to flower. Strong lighting the whole time.The only reason I transplant at all is because I don't have the space or the soil supply to just start in the 5 gal pots.

These are fems I started less than 5 weeks ago in a temp separate area to have plants ready for outdoor gardener friends-

https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=52773&pictureid=1745551

They're at 8" & will basically explode from there.

samiam

Well I'm in coco not soil.

I'm gonna stick with the 75/25 hydroton/coco for more frequent watering. I'll also be adding recharge twice a week.

brown_thumb

I'm a total newb so my opinion isn't worth much. All I can say is, I would keep transplantation to a minimum. Partly to minimize plant stress and partly because I'm lazy.

I'm dialing in my processes and I think I'll transplant only once. I'll pop my seeds in damp paper towels, as has been working for me, then plant in 5-6 inch pots. When they're ready, I'll transplant to 5 gallon buckets. That's it. I don't see the benefit of transplanting multiple times. As I acquire more growing experience, this seems to be the most logical procedure... for me. I'm growing in very loose soil... soil/hydro hybrid... if that makes any sense.

Jhhnn

Veteran
Well I'm in coco not soil.

I'm gonna stick with the 75/25 hydroton/coco for more frequent watering. I'll also be adding recharge twice a week.

Grow in any medium you want. I merely suggest that you'll save yourself some work with fewer transplants & lighting changes & get good results in the process.

samiam

I'm a total newb so my opinion isn't worth much. All I can say is, I would keep transplantation to a minimum. Partly to minimize plant stress and partly because I'm lazy.

I'm dialing in my processes and I think I'll transplant only once. I'll pop my seeds in damp paper towels, as has been working for me, then plant in 5-6 inch pots. When they're ready, I'll transplant to 5 gallon buckets. That's it. I don't see the benefit of transplanting multiple times. As I acquire more growing experience, this seems to be the most logical procedure... for me. I'm growing in very loose soil... soil/hydro hybrid... if that makes any sense.

I have 4k mh in my 12×12 veg room. Transplanting into 5 gal pots from 5" pots will slow down grow rate.

Higher temps, higher rh, more light, more feedings = bigger plants faster.

watts

ohms
Veteran
If you can dial it all in and no nutrient problems, your plants would grow pretty damn fast. However, I think you're still better off with fewer transplants. I recommend putting fresh rooted clones into 1 liter air-pots and give them a "pre-veg" under T5HO or 250w MH. Then transplant into 6-8 liter pots and go into "veg mode" and then transplant into your final container 2 weeks before switching to flower. It's going to be up to you to see which is fastest. Try it a couple different ways and see.

eric2028

Veteran
Best bet is to use 3-5 gallon pots. Get your plants roots very well established and even root bound you could say. Then they can take everything you throw at them water wise. With coco less is more!

Latest posts

Latest posts