What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Stories about blowing people away with your bud

RRResin

I bet just about every grower here has smoked out someone who got seriously off their head blown away.

Here's my story.

South East Asia in the 80's, a friend of mine had scored some excellent bud, and as he was leaving in a couple of days gave me what he had left, about 2 ounces of lightly compressed, lightly seeded bud which was two or three times as good as most of the stuff that was sold but 2 oz was too much for me to carry around so I separated about half an ounce of the best buds and made charas with the remainder. Then I combined the ground up half ounce of the best bud that had been de-sticked and de-seeded and ground up to rolling consistency with the charas then used hand pressure to form it all into a hard, small lump The charas made the high really strong and intense, but I soon got used to it as my tolerance increased. I ran into an old friend, and he had 3 young American guys with him. I asked do you want to smoke some really strong Thai (or Cambodian, or Lao??)or whatever it was..they said Hey man, we're from California, we smoke the best, the strongest and the sweetest bud in the world, and we've tried some local stuff and it's ditch weed.

I said this a combination of great bud and some hash I made from it, it's strong for me..anyway let's have a joint so I skinned one up, a big fatty because they were all such self proclaimed hardcore heavyweight champions of weed smoking.

Four guys, one joint and it laid them down like they had shot dead. This was in my friend's hotel room.he said What the fuck did you put in that joint, was it smack? No, no,just good ol strong ganja with added charas in it and sorry pal, I'd love to help you out here but I've got to go, sorry!...I met up with him a few years later and the first thing he said was thanks for blowing those 3 guys away.I said sorry again but you can't really blame me, they were telling me what hard core champion smokers of the strongest weed in the world they were, I was worried that they wouldn't catch a buzz of a quarter of a jay. He said those lightweights were asleep for 6 hours and when they woke up they said that joint must of had something else in it ...lol there wasn't of course. Maybe these guys really did smoke the best Californian everyday, but probably have never smoked an exceptional tropical sativa that had been super charged with hash!

idiit

Veteran
I quit drinking 10 years ago. I was up to 1/2 gallon a day of liquor. I was prone to head down to the hood and trade off some landrace sativas (usually but not always sativa hybrids) for some blow or if I couldn't get powder then "hard rock". yes, b a d .

anyway, I made several hundred of these trips.

listening to these guys talk after smoking landrace sativas on too many nights to actually count was a profound experience. I heard many sincere, enlightened extremely intelligent conversations. these guys had 0 access to this quality of outdoor grown quality landrace sativa smoke other than me.

no more booze for da idiit! no more alcohol related behavior. still got the memories and they were some incredible experiences. unless you've been down in the hood and accepted as an insider by them you gots no idea what goes on down there every night.

some experiences were beautiful, most were pure nigger ( nigger dos not mean black, black does not mean nigger. nigger means nigger without race, creed, color, ethnicity just like money knows no ethnicity either).

I got dirty. I cleaned up just fine. I changed my ways and moved on.

Stan G.

A buddy, who rarely smokes, asked me to smoke a J with him. I had just rolled a fattie cone, spiked with some fine hash, so I said sure, why not? I then sparked the doob, and passed it. After taking about 3 tokes, my friend ran outside and puked. He then slept the rest of the day, and to this day he will not smoke any of my herb. Oh well, more for me.:tiphat:

GOT_BUD?

Weed is a gateway to gardening
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I quit drinking 10 years ago. I was up to 1/2 gallon a day of liquor. I was prone to head down to the hood and trade off some landrace sativas (usually but not always sativa hybrids) for some blow or if I couldn't get powder then "hard rock". yes, b a d .

anyway, I made several hundred of these trips.

listening to these guys talk after smoking landrace sativas on too many nights to actually count was a profound experience. I heard many sincere, enlightened extremely intelligent conversations. these guys had 0 access to this quality of outdoor grown quality landrace sativa smoke other than me.

no more booze for da idiit! no more alcohol related behavior. still got the memories and they were some incredible experiences. unless you've been down in the hood and accepted as an insider by them you gots no idea what goes on down there every night.

some experiences were beautiful, most were pure nigger ( nigger dos not mean black, black does not mean nigger. nigger means nigger without race, creed, color, ethnicity just like money knows no ethnicity either).

I got dirty. I cleaned up just fine. I changed my ways and moved on.
It is a state of mind that breaks color and race barriers.

stoned-trout

if it smells like fish
Veteran
I have blown away some older folks with my gear...for alot of them it's way too strong ...one guy started sweating and asked me if he was gonna die lol.......HI GLEN. LOL. YEEHAW

X

xavier7995

As a kid, I had pretty good access to a network of older folks and would buy weed off of them. One took me on a rather scary buy, but the weed was unlike anything I had tried before. It was sold as thai sticks, but was not on a stick, just some good thai weed. Was like 30 or 40 bucks for a quarter. Invited a couple of my little buddies over the next day and we smoked a tiny pinner of a joint, like .25 of a gram between four of us. I think it's still the highest I have been in 25 years. The high lasted forever, one guy got stuck on the porch and couldn't figure out the door, another stuck on the floor laughing, I believe I may have tried to cook a frozen pizza by just putting it on the stove top burner.

We still talk about it. I think it's why I like thai strains, but haven't found anything close.

Bud Green

I dig dirt
Veteran
Long ago in the early 70's, my buddy and I were hitchhiking to Canada.
On a very rural small highway in Maine, a guy picked us up in his VW microbus...
We rode with him for about 2 hours that afternoon, and he told us how he had just got back from southern Mexico and had brought 50 lbs. of Acapulco Gold with him..
He opened up a big paper grocery bag and told us to roll a skinny joint.

The 3 of us smoked it and when he let us out because he was turning, we were so fucking high we couldn't even hitchhike anymore, even though it was only about 5 in the afternoon..

My buddy and I walked into the woods and set up camp for the night, and enjoyed the amazing buzz we had until well after dark...

So actually this story belongs to the hippie guy with the VW bus, because he got us blown away with his amazing Mexican weed!

RRResin

So actually this story belongs to the hippie guy with the VW bus, because he got us blown away with his amazing Mexican weed!

Lol.

Here's my (early 70's) story about hippies in a VW bus blowing me away. we were picked up hitch-hiking just after dark by 5 hippies in a VW van painted with huge flowers on it, they were laughing their heads off, a friend and I got on well with them, asking us questions like "have you heard of marijuana?" we replied that we had smoked it before a few times, so they invited us to stay with them at the "Farmhouse" and then started hysterically laughing again.

We arrived at this farmhouse and there were about a dozen more hippies (this was in the early 70's and we were 14 years old and hitching hiking 500 miles to another state on our school holidays, it was a time when two 14 year old boys could safely hitch-hike around the country....how times have changed eh?).

Anyway when we got there one guy got really into a really heated argument with the driver of the VW "Why the fuck did you bring two kids here?" anyway, he chilled out and we smoked a few joints that were passed around, everyone (especially me!) was laughing hysterically it was a wonderful uplifting, giggling high that was trippy too, almost to the point of being too much to handle..you can tell the high is great if you can still remember it over 40 years later, ha!,

I fell asleep on some bean bags in the big open lounge with a fireplace and big pillows and rugs and bodies strewn every where. I woke early, still trippy from last nights ganja, walked outside to have a piss and halfway through the piss I looked up and saw about 5 acres of 10 ~ 12 foot, skinny leaved ganja plants that were very uniform and definitely sativas. I stood there with my dick in my hand and my mouth open in a frozen trance, it was almost too incredible for me to process.. One of the guys who drove us here came out and said we have to ask you to go soon because he had some people coming over, so we grabbed our packs said thanks to all and walked the 25 yards down the driveway to the number one highway in the country.

We were still feeling the effects from last night's experience that we didn't even remember to ask for a joint to take with us...on the way back home a week later, we passed the farmhouse and looked at each other and had a big smile. I had never been that high before and it was a memory that I still vividly remember.

RRResin

You could see the old farmhouse from the road, but, due to a slope, you not see the acres and acres of ganja behind it.

Man, those hippies had huge balls to go that big so close to the road. It was a time when cultivation busts were rare (and big news too) and I didn't read about them getting busted, so I guess (and hope) they got away with it!

RRResin

Some one left me a rep message.

Good story... smart-ass, cocky californian's got shown the door!

Actually, they got shown the floor...they looked so dead that I almost drew a chalk line around each one.

idiit

Veteran
good story rrresin. I too had similar experiences to yours. the imported sativas and some well done local grows with that seedstock produced high effects that today's smokers disbelieve even though they have heard many many stories like it from us old pharts.

pretty no more outdoor grows like that in non med states. pretty much in illegal geographic areas they smoke small indoor grow locally produced bud or import from an area that is more ganja tolerant.

now there are almost no commercial outdoor grow strains even available except bluedream and most of the bluedream seedstock is shit. if anyone disagrees post the thread(s) where someone is successfully growing commercial strains in outdoor grows ( not greenhouse) in a non med state. show the pics of the large commercial grown bud product. even the wholesale threads here rarely show tight, clear pics. of the quads they quote so often.