What's new

re-vegging harvested plants

siegoldie

since i have the time and space i thought i would re-veg a couple of plants after I've harvested them , there 2 weeks into the veg cycle , new growth coming along nicely , they have 6 weeks before they go back in flower , i want to see how many times this can be done , i will give them a larger pot , pic 1 awesome blue cheese that only has a hint of cheese very fruity and frosty , pic 2 blue cheese , pic 3 cheese all are big buddha seeds my keepers , one of the keeper blue cheese is all most all berry fruity smell and taste hardly any cheese taste or smell and very frosty

Attachments

• 20170515_211908.jpg
    20170515_211908.jpg
    75.7 KB · Views: 20
  • 20170515_211842.jpg
    20170515_211842.jpg
    102.6 KB · Views: 15
  • 20170515_211901.jpg
    20170515_211901.jpg
    111.7 KB · Views: 18
  • 20170515_211915.jpg
    20170515_211915.jpg
    81.3 KB · Views: 21

Loc Dog

Hobbies include "drinkin', smokin' weed, and all k
Veteran
I have always given up, because it takes so long to start growing healthy. I have heard of people doing it to save clone genetics they would have lost, but new cuts would do better, sooner.

siegoldie

:tiphat:I'm interested! How often are you watering them?
they was flushed for 2 weeks before harvest then chopped and flushed through with a half strength feed with a little cal-mag and cannazyme the day they was chopped then only got ph'd water for the first time in 2 weeks now they wont get water till the pots get light in a week to 10 days then once they have more growth then back to full strength feed , i have done it 3 times in the past but going for as many times before they wont reveg anymore , i really never have a problem re-vegging them

siegoldie

I have always given up, because it takes so long to start growing healthy. I have heard of people doing it to save clone genetics they would have lost, but new cuts would do better, sooner.
I've don't it before always they re-veg once the kick off growing these will always out grow a clone and become much bigger and bushy better root system than a new clone i have clones rooting now from each one on the re-veg experiment to see what produces the best to go in the room at the same time ready to be potted on a clone from each re-veg so it will be side by side i know my moneys on the re-veggs , my money is on the re-veg

siegoldie

pic's took today , the normal looking plant is only 5 weeks since it was harvested i cut all the abnormal growth off now you can't tell its a re-veg she's the original uk cheese from 1989-1990 glad i got her back even though i had to re-veg her from a few buds thanks to a good friend i got her back , now i can side by side the awesome keeper big buddha cheese to the original clone only also run the exodus from green house seeds all at the same time 2 plants of each 2 to a 600 watt hps in 30ltr fabric pots in canna coco fed the same full strength full line up of the canna coco food's , so this will be the battle of the cheese plants , then next run will be the battle of the blue cheese big buddha , barney farm and uk clone only blue cheese that looks to be the same as 4 of the big buddha blue cheese i got from a 5 pack only 1 stood out with amazing frost huge buds and almost no cheese smell or taste its all blue berry and fruity flavours taste and smell its the best blue cheese I've come across in the uk , the new line up of big buddha blue cheese and cheese x cheese reversed with the original uk cheese clone from the 89-90 the same i have has made his cheese seeds the best I've come across i got 1 you just can't tell difference from the 89-90 clone only that will be shown in this thread all grown side by side but only the 3 re-vegges will be the main part of the thread to see how many times they can go full term in flower then vegged again to be flowered again until they wont re-veg anymore , but you will see the uk cheese 89 side by side as the big buddha as well on this thread save me doing a serrate thread for them ,

Attachments

• 20170516_131511.jpg
    20170516_131511.jpg
    89.9 KB · Views: 15
  • 20170516_131442.jpg
    20170516_131442.jpg
    77.7 KB · Views: 23
  • 20170516_131424.jpg
    20170516_131424.jpg
    104.6 KB · Views: 18
  • 20170516_131418.jpg
    20170516_131418.jpg
    111.2 KB · Views: 15
  • 20170516_131408.jpg
    20170516_131408.jpg
    95.5 KB · Views: 12

Old Toker

ive never lost a re-veg before the trick is never to over water you need to let them dry out little for the roots to grow faster ,
You're growing in coco....correct? I'm having some difficulty understanding the dry/wet cycle you are using for re-vegging. I understand (and use) this method when growing from seed so that the roots expand and fill the pot....but aren't your roots already filling the pots? IF so....what does the drying out of the pots accomplish? :tiphat:

madalasatori

Veteran
The plant hardly uses any water as it doesn't have many leaves so the roots can drown easily if it stays too wet. Drying out a bit gets air to the root zone.

Old Toker

The plant hardly uses any water as it doesn't have many leaves so the roots can drown easily if it stays too wet. Drying out a bit gets air to the root zone.
Makes sense to me.....if it works then it works. No arguing with success. Thank you!:tiphat:

Budley Doright

Veteran
Over the years I have revegged lots of plants and dont recall the last time I lost one..

However the method in the pics is hardly the best way to reveg a plant....

The pics show waaayyyyyy too few leaves.....

If you leave as many large single leaves as possible your success rates will approach 100%....

Pick your buds.... but leave large leaves.....Leave a bud sites at the bottom of the plant where the new growth will occur.....but the large leaves will feed the plant until that happens.....

OregonBorn

I have had great luck re-vegging plants. The trick is to leave as many leaves on as possible, and remove all the flowers. They can become rather densely branched though, so you may have to do a lot of pruning to get a good branch structure that is open and not crowded. They can also get woody and become more of a problem than it is worth after 3 re-veg and flower cycles. My experience anyway. I grow mostly in large pots in GH outdoors, but some under lights.

Latest posts

Latest posts