What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Pretty sure I'm screwed here

HvaSkjer

Hey all,

I am in day 46 of flower, and I've got a legit PM problem. It's on almost every cola and nug to varying degrees. This is due to my lack of humidity control and ventilation. Is there any hope? Or is this a 5 month grow gone to waste...:(

w3rds

Anything with PM on it is done for, there are things you can do to stop the spread, but I wouldnt smoke any buds that were touched by that powdery bastard.

Ive heard of people using potassium bicarbonate at early signs, but no idea if it would help with widespread mildew.

PdxFarms

Not true. I have successfully eradicated pm not this late in flower but pretty late (around 34 days)

Green cure, 2 days later a mild solution of h202 sprayed just before lights on.
Get 100 percent coverage. Lots of air flow!!! get as many fans as you can in there. under and over the canopy.

Heres the problem, youll be spraying which is going to raise humidity. You need some way of ventilation or dehumidifier from here on out if you want any chance of saving them. If you can't figure that out, youll be wasting your time.

Not that anyone would want to, but jorge cervantes has a video on how to wash your pm buds in a h202 peroxide mix during harvest which he claims washes the pm away saving your buds.

MrBungle

its over unfortunately... and you will have to do some major cleanup and modifications to your next grow if you don't want it to come back again... did you take clones?

PdxFarms

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lAmVY1-K5kc

Either way, spend the 10 bucks on green cure and some h202, pick up a few extra fans and do what you can with what you have.

a day or two after spraying green cure, spray the mild h202 solution with full coverage. Go ahead and spray your equipment, walls, potters and everything else. Then turn it into a hurricane in there with as many fans as you can.

ReikoX

Knight of the BlackSvn
thought I saw a video by George Cervantis on removing PM after harvest... might look on you tube ?

The problem with this is, PM is in the plant, not just on the leaf surface which we see. Some fungi also release toxins and those cannot be washed off. When you find a moldy strawberry what do you do? Throw it out right?

Lester Beans

Frequent Flyer
Veteran
Baking soda and water. Two teaspoons baking soda to a gallon of water. Spray before lights off. Will kill the PM and stop the spread.

I have never done this at that stage of flower with cannabis. Vegetables get the spray all the time.

Worth a shot.

DocTim420

The Doctor is OUT and has moved on...
Oh yeah, I have used the milk routine before--and sprayed as late as a few days before harvest. I recall that particular batch (doubt I would never forget those days...lol) was sprayed every few days during the last 4-5 weeks in flower and definitely were not beauty contest winners. But I got across the finish line with a product that tested zero PM (that dispensary tested everything back in those days) and it smoked a few notches above mediocre. Seriously.

clown baby

Similar situation. Grow rooms in a basement. It's damp and cold. Perpetual PM threat.

Spectracide immunox can be used to treat mothers in veg, to at least stop it there. It's active ingredient is myclobutanil, which is a systemic fungicide. This is the same active ingredient in the somewhat controversial Eagle 20. Myclobutanil is commonly used in commercial crops. I think the danger lies in combusting it (IE smoking something that has residual myclobutanil.) But, if you do spray it in Veg, hopefully you've got nothing but fan leaves - no developing buds. So nothing you're ultimately going to smoke should be present on the mother plants.

Anyways... That's what I do in the mother/veg room.

That stuff will keep PM away for a few weeks before it wears off. In flower, though, I kept getting it after week ~4.

Tried all the home remedies. Baking soda/greencure/etc, trying to use a spray to raise leaf pH. I've only got 4 trays, but still couldnt keep up with it.

Enter a sulfur burner. I now do a 2 hour burn every 3 weeks or so, and haven't had PM since. It will coat every surface in your room and affect surface pH. Wasn't ever able to be this diligent with a hand sprayer.

It'll stop PM. Bud rot/botrytis can still be an issue if you've got a high RH. Remedied that by cutting giant cola strains out of my rotation.

TLDR: consider a sulfur burner.

PM preventative/ treatment

PM preventative/ treatment

I run a dehumidifier every night. During the day the humidity is fine but at night with lights out- i need it. It has made it so I don't have to worry about it but I use a product as a preventative. Its great to prevent PM and pests. Its called Organic Cold Pressed Neem Oil Wash and its made by Potent Growth. Here's a pic and if you mix by the directions it comes out perfect and doesn't burn up the plants even when lights are on. I stop using it 3 weeks before harvest. Awesome product!

Attachments

• 20170518_134512.jpg
    20170518_134512.jpg
    28.6 KB · Views: 8
  • 20170518_134526.jpg
    20170518_134526.jpg
    20.7 KB · Views: 9

Latest posts

Latest posts