What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Barneys blue cheese grow diary 400W HPS + tent

Budpirate

Harvesting and trimming these plants was a lot more work than i had anticipated, took me and a friend like 6 hours of work to finish up with all the trimming. One of the plants bigger tops was pain in the ass to trim due to high leaf to bud ratio, the others were way easier to trim.

Luckily i prepared with a box of plastic gloves and a bottle of 95% alcohol for cleaning the scissors as the plants were sticky like hell, scraped a whole bunch of oily hash off the scissors, we ended up with a nice little piece that was real nice to smoke after we finished up, amazing taste and mighty potent!

The trimmed buds are now hanging on strings in the tent with the fan turned on. Also have a whole load of trimmings drying on plates on the tents floor, gonna make me some hash :)
picture.php

picture.php

Lethal

Hi man,

It looks awesome and for sure it has been tougher trimming then you expected. Will you also utilize the trimmed leafs?

Cheers Lethal :tiphat:

Budpirate

Hi man,

It looks awesome and for sure it has been tougher trimming then you expected. Will you also utilize the trimmed leafs?

Cheers Lethal :tiphat:

Yeah i was thinking i would finsh up the trimming myself in 1-2 hours but when i started i realized it would take far longer and called a friend over here x)

Yeah i will be using them trimmings to make myself some hashish for sure! :) i usually end up making acetone-hashish out of trimmings and small popcorn buds.

All the buds are starting to dry up now, dry on the surface but twigs are still not dry nuff to start the curing, probs gonna need another day or two before i begin curing.

Budpirate

Alright guys drying is finished and i have begun curing the weed now, i have the weed from the four diffrent plants in four glass jars for curing atm.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

I thought there would be more diffrence between how much the diffrent plants yielded, sure looks so when you look at the jars at least. All three but the "indica pheno" plant put out more or less the same - 40 grams, while the indica pheno plant gave me 50g. Also have like 10-15 grams of tiny buds from all four plants in a bag for vaping while i cure the rest

So i ended up with about 180-185 grams in total this run, gonna last me quite some time :biggrin:

Also have a bunch of trimmings that im gonna make hash out of, should give me a nice little piece of potent hash

I have tried some bud from the diffrent jars, still needs curing but overall it tasted very nice for un-cured bud and seems to have nice potency, i might have dried it a little bit much but i think it will do ok, i might get some humidipacks to add some moisture to the buds if it seems like it will be needed.

Some of the tiny buds out of my stash bag that i tried smoking in pipe has this unbelievable sweet taste to them, while other buds i tried had like kind of a more fruity taste to them. I will write more of a proper taste/smoke report when i finish up the curing and also know what plant im smoking from

Last edited:

Budpirate

Hey guys!
So heres a little update from the curing & smoking.

It seems like i just hit the spot with the drying guys :) At first i thought i dried the buds out a tad much, but now that they have been sitting in the jars for two weeks curing and spreading moisture evenly in the bud they seem to be in the perfect moisture range, nice and dry yet not too dry so that it crumbles and shit. I shake and air out the jars daily, and the bud seems to be curing up nicely, taste has improved greatly with these two weeks of curing, was a bit harsh at first but when its smoked now its all smooth, bouth the smoke for your throat and lungs but also the taste.

The bud is nice and potent and crazy sticky, it smells amzing, during the curing the bud started to develop new smells instead of just mostly stinking of weed. The sativa pheno plants have this sort of fruity/berry + cheesy smell to them, also smells like a bit of like citrus or something in that direction from them, real fresh and nice smell with these two plants. The two indica pheno plants have a more neutral weed smell to them, dont stink nearly as much, but they do have this sort of earthy cheesy smell to them, the two other plants smell much tastier.

The bud gives a nice mellow body & head high, real nice to smoke for when relaxing in the couch but it dosent knock you on your ass into a full couchlock unless you have like a real fat vape and a beer hehe :) The taste is real smooth, guess the organic nutes and flush did the trick, ima keep curing the bud a while to make it really well cured :biggrin:

EvergreenState

Nice job Budpirate and congratulations on a successful grow and grow diary.
I got a cut of Blue cheese a few years ago, don't know if it was from Barney's or Big Buddha and it was some of the best pot I've ever grown or smoked. There are some very special plants in the Blue Cheese line and well worth the search. I've never laughed so hard, so long or so often after smoking mj than I did under the influence of that special plant. Happy smoking.