What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

D.I.Y Calcium Foliar Spray

greenertea

Hi all, been using Coco for over 3 years now.. and loving it!
and i don't understand why more don't give it a try..it really is amazing stuff especially if you like the biggest yields and the fastest growing weed!

Well my tap water has very low ec around 70, so i always used sum type of CalMag, as Epsom Salts never worked, but then last year i gave it sum thought, and worked out it was mainly Calcium i need, so i started making my own.

I make my calcium spray by using the shells from 5-6 boiled eggs, i then crush them well, then boil all the shells in a pan of 3 litres of water. Bring to the boil and simmer for 1 hour then remove from the heat and allow it to cool for 48 hours. Strain the water off the shell fragments and spray!!.
I then store mine in an airtight container in an cool dark place.

Do any of you make your own using eggshells?

troutman

Seed Whore
Calcium from eggs shells isn't very soluble.

Gypsum (calcium sulfate) would be better an even that's not very soluble.

I would just add the calcium directly to the soil.

Good Luck.

Rondon

Use calcium nitrate with a soy plant protein hydrolysate and yucca as a foliar if you really want to get calcium into your plant fast. Actually watering it in the root zone is even better.

ReikoX

Knight of the BlackSvn
Yeah, I use the CalPhos recipe from the unconventional farmer. Collect shells, clean and remove membrane. Brown shells in a sauce pan, then crush into a powder. Cover with vinegar and let soak for a week or two. Strain and add 1 TBSP per gallon.