What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Black Magic Coco

G

Our local Home DePot is carrying Black Magic coco. I wanted to ask if anyone was familiar with it and if it differs from straight bagged Botanicare or Canna coco?

Rondon

No difference what so ever. Its quality. And 20 bucks a bag. If the truth be known...its relabeled General Hydroponics brand of coco/perlite blend. The nutes are really cheap as well. And work just as good.

G

@awd,
The answer to your question is that it simply doesn't work that way around here.

stoned40yrs

Ripped since 1965
Veteran
Outcold I use the canna blocks. Best stuff on the market. I think they are around $17 at Jacks. Makes a bags worth. How much is the BM at home depot?

G

@Stoned,
Its been a few months and I don't remember. Probably in the $20 range as I pay $25 for bagged Botanicare coco at Fairtrade.
I'm pretty gunshy about the blocks, probably a hold over from the early days of coco.
I do like the simplicity of the canna and botanicare bags. The only brands I've had access to.

Rondon

I veer off every now and again but last couple years i been sticming to Canna Coco Bricks. 4 10 liter bricks in a package. Expand them right in the bag with warm tap water. 12 bucks at my local hydroponic shop. And its just like the prebuffered loose bag Canna except they pass the shipping cost savings on down because its bricked. Good stuff. Good to go as soon as they are rehydrated.

Latest posts

Latest posts