What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Outdoor that looks indoor

neongreen

Veteran
BlueHemp Nepali (Derg Corra reproduction) - done by the end of September. Rock hard nugs.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

MountainBudz

⛽🦨 Kinebud and Heirloom Preservationist! 🦨 ⛽
BlueHemp Nepali (Derg Corra reproduction) - done by the end of September. Rock hard nugs.

View Image

View Image

View Image

View Image

Beautiful girl you had there Neon! I bet she is super resistant to mold and is a great outdoor girl. I can tell by the formation of her buds, her structure, gorgeous color.

I had a few looked just like that grown out from some imported brick weed, hell the plants I have grown outdoor has been from brick weed. Love the mysterious "you never know what your gonna get" out of brick.

But truely is a beauty, i'd like to run that one.

How did she smoke?

neongreen

Veteran
Beautiful girl you had there Neon! I bet she is super resistant to mold and is a great outdoor girl. I can tell by the formation of her buds, her structure, gorgeous color.

Thanks Mountain. The pics don't really do her justice, and I missed her at her peak... buds covered in almost bright red pistils (both girls last year had them - it's common in this line from what I've seen).

She was also quite resilient where mold was concerned (we had a very wet summer last year!), however, I wasn't as on the ball as I could have been, and she got a bit of a problem with aphids towards the end of flower. The worst affected branches caused near by buds to mold (see pics in my 2016 album), but other than that there was very little.

I had a few looked just like that grown out from some imported brick weed, hell the plants I have grown outdoor has been from brick weed. Love the mysterious "you never know what your gonna get" out of brick.

Agreed! I'd love to try some bag seed again. My first grow (1995) was done with seed that came from imported brick-weed, but I've never tried another bag seed grow since. It's even more difficult to do now that I have bought seeds that need to be grown out before they loose viability.

How did she smoke?

I'm probably not the best qualified to answer that question since I always mix with tobacco (a bad habit that's hard to break since I've always done it!), but potency was OK (probably couldn't compete with full season modern hybrid photos) for me, and the high was pleasant. The smoke was smooth, but there was quite an acrid smell when breaking up the buds.

:tiphat:

idiit

Veteran
the terps are very important in commercial strains ( bud for sale to the general public) especially taste. dubi's Malawi killer mum and satori were the backbones of the two strains I gave pics of grown outdoors ( black death by bakedbeanz and phz/satori by me). the taste on both killer mum Malawi and phz/satori are not sweet. growing personal smoke outdoors is very doable. growing commercial strains outdoors is a tall order.

if commercial outdoor strains are created that compete with controlled environment grows then the entire scene will be dramatically affected. when price matters outdoor grows have by far the lowest mfg. costs.

the problem now is actually selling the stuff.

the public is seeing gorgeous indica dom looking dried bud on tv, instagram, utube videos. the public is hearing rave reviews about glue, cookies, etc. right now in my market there is huge demand for a certain look ( bud) as long as it tastes good, very pretty and has good potency. a bunch of shit weed that wouldn't sell in intensive med state geographic areas is being labeled here (se usa) as kush, cookies, etc. and as long as it halfway looks like what they are seeing on their monitors and has a pleasant taste profile it's moving. if it doesn't look like what they are seeing on places like instagram they spit on you and refuse to buy.

pretty much how it is here imo.

Latest posts

Latest posts