What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Dakines NEW Fresh Start-Multiple Strains

GastroGrower

Yeah it does look like it was rootbound. The buds look a little airy but not bad otherwise.

I may try the passion fruit out in one of my tents where I've got some non cannabis plants growing.

Dankwolf

Cheesequake 10/27/16

Cheesequake 10/27/16

Hope you dont mind but heres that tga i think you should try . i would recomend out door only it like to get big and stretch like crazy . smoke quality is above average even though it looks just so so .

Dakine

Veteran
Yea Gastro she suffered badly from having bad soil in the bottom half of the container.. I just smelt my small SSSDH girl thats flowering outside and its an intense smell lol.. It has a bit of sourness but some other funk to it as well that I cant figure out. The calyxes are super frosty and the leaves are just started to frost up.

Yo Dank thats a Big ASS Plant though. Did you do alot of training and/or topping to her when she was young? I like the color, and shes frosty to. Looks more like a Sativa! Is she from seed or cut? Good Job!

Dankwolf

She was toped 3 times and trained throught . could have easily been twice this size . had a bunch off issues/ neglect . she got ulled from indoor room because of stretch. Its a clone .

Dakine

Veteran
Damn bro, I wonder how much harvest woulda been if you grew her under full potential! How was the smoke? Have you noticed any difference growing from seed or clones?

Heres A Little update on the girls I have flowering outside at the moment!

First up we have the small SSSDH girl. She smells like A Tangy Sour Soda Pop. ITs pretty weird lol. Compared to my other girls this one has very small calyxes but theyre super frosty. Stretch is done. She has been flowering for 30 days so far. I didnt take any cuts from this girl but I might try to re veg her depending on how she does this next month flowering.

Next we have A Skywalker. Im not sure what size these pots are but im thinking theyre 3-5gallon pots. When I was transplanting from a 1-gallon pot I was able to fit 3-4 1gallon pots of soil into this pot.

This Girl smells exactly like the Skywalker I just harvested, BUT this 1 is way Frostier.

You cant tell how frosty she is from the pics but I wanted to show you how the lower growth was doing being trained horizontally.

I need to pick up some standard seeds not femmed. I want some pollen from A/some good males to make some crosses with. I Will be showing you guys how the SSSDH Girls I have inside are doing.. Probably some time tomorrow.

Dakine

Veteran
Since I just transplanted these 2 girls into bigger pots, they seriously grew about 5inches since then. I've just started to try and crush stems to promote lower growth. I dont really have a problem with them getting tall, but I want all the spaces below/on the sides to be used as well.

Dakine

Veteran
I am going to see how this branch does recovering the next 1-2 days. IF she does good Ill probably crush the stems of the other branches as well. ITs pretty cool to but on this girl all the stems to the fan leaves are a Blood Orange Kinda Red. The Other girl next to it only has 1 stem like that and its at the very bottom of the plant, all other stems are fully green no red at all.

Dakine

Veteran
Im pretty happy right now. I went outside to take a couple pictures of the 2 girls that are still out there. I rubbed A Couple leaves of the SSSDH Girl and she smells so good, even though her smell has changed. I love this smell, IT reminds me of A SSH x Trainwreck I got 8+ Years ago. It has A Lemony/Sour smell mixed with a Pine-ish/sol trainwreck smell to her. I shouldve took a clone from her because This would be a keeper for me.

SSSDH

This skywalker is finally showing new white pistils, which would mean new growth. Her pistils where all changing to orange even though she wasnt seeded. Flower Growth has seemed to slow down alot so I hope she starts to fill in. She smells like A Buncha different sweet fruits mixed with Juicy Fruit Gum.

Skywalker

Maybe I should cut all the small growth/lower branches from her? So she can concentrate on just the bigger branches/tops. Lmk what you guys think.. She has 3-4 weeks left or until I start to see amber trichomes

Dakine

Veteran
Small Update- !st pic is of the Skywalker I have Flowering inside. I think she might be 1 out of the 2 that I want to reveg. Since the reason why theyre so small was to grow them out to pick which ones I wanted to keep.. Shes almost done/ she's about 50/50 Clear-Cloudy trichomes.. I actually started to flush her 5 Days ago.

EDIT- I just looked at the post dates and apparently these where put into flower between 9/1/16-9/4/16, atleast now we know how old they really are..

These are how her branches are when theyre not being held up.

Next is the other 1 out of 2 that I want to keep and reveg. These where put into flower the same times, but this girl looks like she has about a month left. Trichomes are clear. Lower part of her got to close to the bulbs that I have hanging on the sides of her. Im going to need to up her feed for the next 1-2 weeks, so hopefully she starts to fill in.

Dankwolf

Im pretty happy right now. I went outside to take a couple pictures of the 2 girls that are still out there. I rubbed A Couple leaves of the SSSDH Girl and she smells so good, even though her smell has changed. I love this smell, IT reminds me of A SSH x Trainwreck I got 8+ Years ago. It has A Lemony/Sour smell mixed with a Pine-ish/sol trainwreck smell to her. I shouldve took a clone from her because This would be a keeper for me.

SSSDH
[URL=http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c102/wipeout808/IMG_0872.jpg]View Image[/URL]

[URL=http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c102/wipeout808/IMG_0874.jpg]View Image[/URL]

This skywalker is finally showing new white pistils, which would mean new growth. Her pistils where all changing to orange even though she wasnt seeded. Flower Growth has seemed to slow down alot so I hope she starts to fill in. She smells like A Buncha different sweet fruits mixed with Juicy Fruit Gum.

Skywalker
[URL=http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c102/wipeout808/IMG_0875.jpg]View Image[/URL]

[URL=http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c102/wipeout808/IMG_0876.jpg]View Image[/URL]

Maybe I should cut all the small growth/lower branches from her? So she can concentrate on just the bigger branches/tops. Lmk what you guys think.. She has 3-4 weeks left or until I start to see amber trichomes

Too late really. Triming up should hapin 2 weeks before flower and 2 weeks after if you have a crazy vigour plant .

Dankwolf

Small Update- !st pic is of the Skywalker I have Flowering inside. I think she might be 1 out of the 2 that I want to reveg. Since the reason why theyre so small was to grow them out to pick which ones I wanted to keep.. Shes almost done/ she's about 50/50 Clear-Cloudy trichomes.. I actually started to flush her 5 Days ago.

EDIT- I just looked at the post dates and apparently these where put into flower between 9/1/16-9/4/16, atleast now we know how old they really are..

[URL=http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c102/wipeout808/IMG_0882.jpg]View Image[/URL]

These are how her branches are when theyre not being held up.

[URL=http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c102/wipeout808/IMG_0884.jpg]View Image[/URL]

Next is the other 1 out of 2 that I want to keep and reveg. These where put into flower the same times, but this girl looks like she has about a month left. Trichomes are clear. Lower part of her got to close to the bulbs that I have hanging on the sides of her. Im going to need to up her feed for the next 1-2 weeks, so hopefully she starts to fill in.

[URL=http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c102/wipeout808/IMG_0885.jpg]View Image[/URL]

Ypu got some hatd core curling due to ?

Dankwolf

On a good note that Skywalker has some potential N.Y. the looks of it . i would hold on to that one . done up right i am sure it would be yeild like a. Champ🏆.

Dakine

Veteran
Dang, So I should just leave the branches and lower leafs on the Skywalker outside? I was thinking a month left is still a good amount of time..

I honestly dont know what the curling is about, but 2 out of 3 skywalkers flowering inside are like that.. The Skywalker I didnt show a pic of has the Worst Sativa Style Bud Structure I have ever seen. BUT her leaves are still dark green and none of them are really curling. .. I honestly havent been testing water/feed or run off...

Oh and I was just wondering, but do you have a grow log DankWolf? Not just the ones in your profile? But A thread in a sub forum or something? Thanks for replying so quickly as well homie!

EDIT- You think I should keep the Skywalker I have outside? Im gonna be picking up some real light soon. Nothing big yet only around 400-500watter. In a couple months when I cant flower outside anymore until next time, ill pick up some lights.. I also picked up enough soil to put some SSSDH girls in the ground. Same spot I take my outside pics of.

Dankwolf

I have a grow journal on cotton candy

You can look for this thread if you want an idea on how i run my indoor . there are alot of post fro me at this thread

" container size for 3-4 oz plants? (dry weight)"

Last edited:

Dakine

Veteran
Today was a pretty productive morning, Had to trim some trees in order to get the spot ready outside for the SSSDH Girls and possibly some other crosses in the VERY NEAR Future..

Decided to take A Pic or 2 of the SSSDH thats in A 1 Gal to test out to see If i wanna grow her big.

Do you know what Area/ Sub Forum you would like to start your Thread in DankWolf? Go to that forum/area and when you see the list of all the Threads, all you have to do is look for the "New Thread" Button and click on it.

Alright ill check for that thread bro.

Dakine

Veteran
SSSDH S1s- 3 Months From Seed, Vegging Inside Under CFLs & LED Bulbs. 1 More Week Of Veg and they'll be put in the ground outside to flower.. Right now they're 2 1/2 feet from top of soil.. Would be alot taller but I topped them and I just started to crush and bend the stems. The 2 of these girls smell A whole room up, you can smell them down the hall with the door closed.

This 1st shot is the girl that really liked the crushing/bending of stems that I started to do 1 week ago. The only way to describe her smell is DANK. All Her stems-Fan Leafs are green,not purple/red like her sister.

Next up is A Group pic lol, with um 2 plants.. Her sister on the right didnt seem to like the bending/crushing of stems as much.. It seems like she just wants to grow big/tall without any assistance... Her 3 bottom fan leaves and some other growth is still yellowish from the deficiency that I had 1 month ago.. All New Growth is A Nice Vibrant Green though..

Dankwolf

SSSDH S1s- 3 Months From Seed, Vegging Inside Under CFLs & LED Bulbs. 1 More Week Of Veg and they'll be put in the ground outside to flower.. Right now they're 2 1/2 feet from top of soil.. Would be alot taller but I topped them and I just started to crush and bend the stems. The 2 of these girls smell A whole room up, you can smell them down the hall with the door closed.

This 1st shot is the girl that really liked the crushing/bending of stems that I started to do 1 week ago. The only way to describe her smell is DANK. All Her stems-Fan Leafs are green,not purple/red like her sister.

[URL=http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c102/wipeout808/IMG_0888.jpg]View Image[/URL]

Next up is A Group pic lol, with um 2 plants.. Her sister on the right didnt seem to like the bending/crushing of stems as much.. It seems like she just wants to grow big/tall without any assistance... Her 3 bottom fan leaves and some other growth is still yellowish from the deficiency that I had 1 month ago.. All New Growth is A Nice Vibrant Green though..

[URL=http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c102/wipeout808/IMG_0889.jpg]View Image[/URL]

I love the structure on that plant that does not like the bending lol. I bet she could stack some fat nice colas .

Plants look dam good for ligjt they have in picture nice work .

Dakine

Veteran
LOL really?? This bitch was like, if you bend me over im not gonna do shit. Her branches are tough as shit I seriously had to actually use some strength to crush them.

Yeah I was pretty suprised how well they did with 2-23watt CFLs,1-17watt LED Bulb, and about the 2 month mark I added another 2-23watt CFLs hanging vertically near the middle of them..

Im gonna be putting them outside to flower in A couple days. I think theyd do alot better out there then flowering inside.. I never realized how Dark those 2-SSSDH girls are, I put the SSSDH girl I have flowering outside next to them and they seriously look black..

Eh Wolf what do you have in the works right now?

Gastro- Yeah theyre doing ALOT better now. The clones from the bushy plant on left are doing really well even though there so small, and the ones I took from the SSSDH on the right are rooted but growing very slowly. Well it seems like it since the nodes are so close together..

Dankwolf

Tight nodes like that plant can do some crazy sog/scrog yeilds . as far as flowring under fluorescents goes they work pretty well i use them for years with great results my yeilds did not increase a hole lot by switching to big lights (maybe 10% to 20% strian dependent). Sativas always did well under fluorescents you just keep the bulbs like 1 inch away with out reflectors . also cheap space blankets from wallyworld are nice for the wall of grow rooms i still use them even in bigger rooms .plus if you get bugs or mold you can tear down inside of room clean up and put new space blankets up and tape it up and ypu got a cheap brand new clean room . any way plant look great .

I just started a grow jounal for my cotton candy strain . i am going to push her hard this run and see what she can do . hopeing to doulbe previous yeilds .not sure what you ment by in the works ?