What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Hot-Box sulfer burners.

northstate

ICMag Donor
Not as a mite killer but to combat p.m. and generally keep the flying pests away. Did two six hour burns a week apart with no fans before switching to flower. One word of caution, if you have sprayed anything on your girls that has oil or residue you will want to wait at least a week or ten days so that the sulfur does not stick to it and burn your entire room. I had no probs, just a heads up.NS

Hazed

Great question!
Here is a little input from a place that sells the burners,

"Sulphur Burners are very effective, and will control mold or mildew by raising the pH of the leafs surface, which makes the environment and surroundings unsuitable for mold or mildew to establish itself. Vaporized sulfur has been found to interupt the cycle of eggs of most insect pests preventing them from hatching. Sulphur burners should not be used within 3 days of an oil based product being applied to the crop (IE einsteins oil or neem oil) or when the leaves are damp, or wet.. "
From greners.com/i/pest-control/evaporators/vaporizer-commercial-grade-sulfur-burner.html

Bump

Moppel

Grower for Life
Veteran
i did read the same thing but would like to hear somebody's experience with em against mites etc.

EddieShoestring

Florist
Veteran
Hi Moppel
im into this atm. noticed a few speckles on the diesel a couple of days ago, am running a hotbox primarily to neutralize a killa strain of pm. Am running it during lights out, exhaust of, over next few days. Am hanging back on the bug spray to see if the sulphur does them in.
Will try to remember to post update etc
the hotbox saved a crop a couple of runs back, now im using it, routinely, on every run
peace
e

Hydro-Soil

Veteran
I can tell you it tastes disgusting. Probably not that great for you either.

If you're using it to 'control' PM during veg and haven't cleaned up your surrounding environment... you're usually going to have 'issues' during flower.

Keep your intakes HEPA filtered, eradicate (if possible) any outdoor patches you find with what... I think Eagle-20 is the reigning champ? Don't enter your garden wearing outdoor clothing, don't bring any clones or plants in from outside without treating and quarantining them.

Basically.... understand how the PM spreads and grows and you can act accordingly. No sprays in flower unless it's H2O2... that's the way I always flower, that's the only way to have superior medicinal quality.

Stay Safe! :blowbubbles:

EddieShoestring

Florist
Veteran
its not that bad. the first time i ran the hotbox was 5weeks into flower, not a good idea in the inner city because when i turned the fans off the street smelled like a meth lab and a farm....v nerve racking.
/he peeps who state that if you run sulphur in flower you fuck your crop are wrong, ive done it and nobody, including me, noticed. Im in the pub now and the hotbox is on at the op. you get used to the smell and lightheadedness yo
e

GrowbagUK

I have used sulphur candles for fumigation of empty rooms - kills all mold and pests.
Very useful for cleaning out DIY cabs where there are lots of nooks and crannies for spider mites to hide.

Never used sulphur with plants though. It sure stinks.

Hydro-Soil

Veteran
/he peeps who state that if you run sulphur in flower you fuck your crop are wrong, ive done it and nobody, including me, noticed. Im in the pub now and the hotbox is on at the op. you get used to the smell and lightheadedness yo
e

Listen... don't go believing that you experience life the same way EVERYONE does.

It's disgusting to me and it's disgusting to your lungs... even in those small amounts, even if you can't tell.

No... I'm not surprised you didn't get any negative feedback since most sheeple are numb and have no basis for comparison. It's disgusting what people call 'good' these days.

When you've sampled the best and the worst, on a regular basis, with a palate like mine.... you'll have the same viewpoint I do.

Stay Safe! :blowbubbles:

supermanlives

Veteran
i wont use sulphur after 2 weeks flower ever. i can taste it. water cure will get rid of it but i hate watercured weed

EddieShoestring

Florist
Veteran
having run the hotbox a few times last week(4hours\exhaust off) i noticed some flying insects today, they must have survived the sulphur, too soon for a verdict on the mites. The hotbox is on as i type, if there is anything alive in the GRoom at the end of this week clearly it can survive a sulphur treatment.
respect to the farmers
e

G

Guest 142956

I "burned" a bit of sulpher to combat PM in one of the butter melter/heaters that they used to have at Red Lobster restaurants. It is a candle in a metal frame with a metal cup on top of it. Worked fine and saved my plants. I am very curious about where I could get sulpher candles though.