What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Heliotrope SOG I

Heliotrope

Hello everyone. So this is my second ever grow though I've been reading the forums for about 10 years. I think I’m ticking along fairly nicely. I started two mothers in Canna Terra Pro soil, vegged them for 10 weeks and then took 40 clones, roughly 20 from each. Rather than using humidity domes I simply put them in a small veg tent and used said entire tent as one big humidity dome. It worked a treat as, very much to my surprise, it resulted in a 100% success rate on my first try at cloning. All 40 clones were rooted in jiffy pellets in under 12 days (most rooted in 7-10 but a few took a little longer). I then transplanted each clone into 1 gallon fabric pots with a little Great White mycorrhizae dusted on the beautiful roots popping out. I don’t have any pics from the clone stage unfortunately and I can’t even describe the feeling of actually seeing my clones take root when after 5 or 6 days I really didn’t think it was going to work. I thought I’d be lucky to get even 1 to take.

Anyway, I took pretty big clones. Extremely thick stems and quite long as compared to what I see most people doing. I even took both apical stems from the two mothers which were very hard to cut through initially. I don’t know if the size helps or hinders but it worked for me and my logic is, thicker stems should probably translate into bigger buds so we’ll see.

Here they are on Day 1 in the new tent under 18/6, acclimating to the stronger lighting.

picture.php

Here they are 5 days later (Day 5 veg).

picture.php

Here they are now after 16 days into flower.

picture.php

And here they are 20 days into flower.

picture.php

picture.php

The stretch so far has been quite minimal which is pleasing. I'm not at all concerned by all of them having purple petioles. This strain is very purple leaning naturally/genetically from what I've seen and heard and there are no signs of deficiency to my admittedly inexperienced eyes.

For anyone’s interest here are the stats, I suppose you would call them.

2’x4’ Gorilla tent.
32 clones at 4 per sq.’ SOG style.
8 x Vero29’s driven at 1050ma = ~300w.
Canna Terra Pro with 15% added perlite.
Nutes are KISS Maxibloom.
Great White Myco & Trich.

Thanks for stopping by.

Heliotrope

The strain is Rainbow Jones from CSG so thank you to them for the genetics. Hopefully we get some purple colours coming out.

iTarzan

Looking very good. Was your first grow the grow when you grew out the pack of Rainbow Jones seeds to find the 2 mothers? If so how was the smoke?

Heliotrope

Looking very good. Was your first grow the grow when you grew out the pack of Rainbow Jones seeds to find the 2 mothers? If so how was the smoke?
I could only afford two seeds at the time, lol, so yes the first grow was the mothers. I haven't flowered them though so I couldn't tell you. I'll be sure to post a report after this grow is completed.

Palindrome

King of Schwag
Looking really nice Heliotrope, nice goin on the cloning!

About the stems, fat stems don't equal big buds. But they do great support for big buds, so the branshes don't break under it's own weight. Once you get thouse big buds!

Keep that up, and you won't be having issues with affording seeds in the future!

I

i0dineAlf

Progress report... ?

Progress report... ?

More pics please! :moon:

It has been 10 days, lol.

Heliotrope

Hey guys thanks for stopping by.

These pics are from day 30 of bloom.

Basically I've had some temp issues for the last two weeks which I haven't been able to fix until now. The dangerously low ambient and root zone temps have caused a variety of nutrient deficiencies. And bud development has been a little slow thus far because of the frosty temps but the girls are toasty warm now with heat mats and a halogen heater so hopefully they kick on from here. There is some really nice purple coming through which the pics don't really capture. I'll try to get some better ones soon. The smell is intoxicating...lol

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php