What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

carb injections to increase yeilds and oils

clearheaded

sure u could cure some deficiencies.

yes the idea is pure sugar they used mostly glucose ie pure cannabis sugar lol . it would not be hard to get it to use all or most of the sugar. the plant makes complex carbs ie cellulose bigger plant or formed further into oil or lipids.any extra likely will help feed micro in roots.

if stopped feeding last week the plant would have it stored up/used to make more complex things. again its simply bypassing need for sun and like having huge leaves with lots of co2 and sun.

have to remember there is only so much room in the plant and only can add to a certain concentration or would pop cells via osmosis. so not like there will be "extra" in any sizable amount. but would not be hard to dial in so dont get black ash from sugar. and yea you dont really want to add anything other then PURE cannabis sugar ie mostly glucose.

Drop That Sound

Whenever I do see any sap, its usually pretty thick.. Like the sugar maple tree, is there a best time during the "season" to tap or extract it? And if so, what is the usual percentage of sugar in the sap?

How much can you safely take before the plant dies?

Could you maybe substitute with hemp sugars?

I dunno if you guys seen that old video where they keep a dogs head alive, but I can totally picture a plant with no leaves or roots, hooked intravenously to a life support machine, growing buds without even needing much light.

DrDee

Hi Guys,
I had a flash of inspiration while reading this thread. At the very bottom of the first article was the statement that photosynthesis was reduced. This makes sense to me as a layperson (not a botanist). Since the end product of photosynthesis is sugars...the plant is getting is getting a certain % of energy IV so needn't go through the whole photosynthesis process as much.

So if photosynthesis is reduced...wouldn't the plant need less light?

So my flash is that this technique could reduce lighting demands and electricity usage. Instead of 50 w/sf...run 30 w/sf plus glucose injection. This wouldn't specifically address THC production so maybe run full lights for last two weeks. I may be a stoner but I can still think.

Make any sense?
CN

jidoka

If you is gonna chase the dragon milk, raw stomps all over sugar. Twice the energy plus a tiny bit of Ca. Major secret of big pumpkin growers

Fatty acids > carbohydrates