What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Anyone treated animals with cannabis?

nksv

My cat will come home from surgery tomorrow. She was burnt bad by hot oil in the kitchen. Bad wounds on her...poor thing.

I made a ton of canna coconut oil and was considering making a spray for her wounds as I have seen it work wonders on skin burns on humans.

But of course seeking any advice beforehand....anyone with experience with this kind of thing?

Douglas.Curtis

Autistic Diplomat in Training
Mild dosage will relieve pain, heavy dosage will induce wobbly muscle control, super heavy will knock the animal out for hours to a day. Had a tiny dog that ate a resin ball a few different times. Usually passed out for 12-14hrs and was a "super awesome" dog for a few weeks afterward.

Internal and external together is better than one or the other. ;)

JustSumTomatoes

Indicas make dreams happen
I have no experience with giving animals cannabis but am wishing your cat a speedy recovery! Hoping she is feeling better.

nksv

Thanks mate, means a lot. She's a trooper. Really with what happened I am surprised she's alive. Entire back is a mess but she's going to make it. Her spirit is strong. She's chilling with me now and will go back to Vets on Monday. Will be in repair for a long while. I have some salve ready for her back when she's able to handle it. She doesn't seem to be in pain which is good, I hope I can help her skin to heal with some shaman salve!

maryjaneismyfre

Veteran
Apply aloe juice or even better the sap of its relative bulbine frutescens. A dose of reishi tea syringed down the gullet will help repair and prevent secondary infections.

944s2

ICMag Donor
Veteran
hope her good health continues,,,,
not much worse then a ill or wounded cat/dog......s2

Dogs get high, no doubt in my mind. I gave my current dog 3 drops of oil and went for an hour long run. He was running into me and kept stopping to chill.

Latest posts

Latest posts