What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Auto Malawi x Northern Lights Feminized

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Thanks Ksaderfo for sharing the progresses of your 2 Auto Malawi x NLs. Glad they finished properly and that you are already enjoying the outcome of your work ;)

Most of them have the sweet, cocoa and woody terpenes you describe, while my favorite ones have that fruity pear/peach aromas you noticed, some even smell like strawberry yogurt.

they look kinda dark?? They look kinda Dank too.. :D

I have a small smoke report:

In joints you cant really appreciate the flavor, which is just amazing... In the vaporizer its just amazing. It's minty, but sweet, and it has something fruity which is kinda like peach? but in cream or something? The indica-ish also has a strong hint of cocoa...

I can "verify" the two distinct phases in the high... Initially it just "gets to you" with an initial buzz, and then it gives another buzz in about 2 hours... Not a couch lock high.. not entirely energetic either. A lucid, trippy, happy kinda high...

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Hi squatty,

The first F3 release produced a small % of plants with nanners in late flowering, but never saw full male flowers on any of them. The new F4 currently released generation was carefully breed to avoid this slight hermie tendencies of previous generation, we grew hundreds of the F4 generation last year and hermie problems were fortunately null.

Anyone else getting hermie flowers in their buds? The smaller, more indica pheno I've got has been throwing out hermie flowers for the last week or so. Its getting ready to finish and just started this.

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Hi Koondense,

Thanks for sharing pics of the Auto Malawi x NL that your friend is growing :)

She looks good despite the low feeding. Glad you realize the potential regarding vigor and yield of our autoflowering sativa strains compared with more common indica autoflowerings, which usually finish very small, producing low yields.

Pleased to know you are enjoying with her aromas! Best wishes for the rest of the flowering.

Finally I got the chance to see the MalawiNL I gave to a friend to take care of.
Obviously as always, despite my instructions on feeding and all, she got only water and in some quite ridiculous regime and amounts. But thankfully I anticipated all that and amended the soil well enough so the plant wouldn't suffer underfeeding too early.
Took just a couple photos, almost all came out blurry, here's the only one for now.

Malawi x NL Autoflower
View Image

The plant is probably the biggest autoflower he had, probably not only genetics at work but also good soil and fabric pot size.
She got the first feed today(organic liquid mix I made) and hopefully will get a few more before ripening. She looks right passed mid flowering so I think another 3-4 weeks and she'll be done.
Smells delicious, sweet, sour, creamy and fruity, like a perfect outdoor plant smell. No dankness or heavy smells for now.
Caterpillars love stopping by :)

Cheers

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Hi Bleiweis :)

Thanks a lot for giving a try to the new Auto Malawi x NL F4 this year too, glad you found this new generation more consistent than previous one. Overall, the new F4 generation has much lesser % of dwarf plants or skinny low yielding sativas phenos that came from F3 - F2 S1 line.

Most of the F4s belong to 3 different main phenos: indica pheno of almost single cola of massive size, 2nd one is the very good yielding and good sized sativa/indica pheno with plenty of huge main cola but also heavy buds on lateral branches, and finally the third very tall sativa pheno which takes longer to finish and has surprising almost pure sativa traits for an autoflowering strain. Phenos 2 and 3 can get very big and fatty if planted with enough soil and space and when they are properly feed, and they are true XL autos, as some people like to call them.

I love lot the look of your flowers, some of the best Auto Malawi x NL flowers we have been so far this season, they have been obviously very well grown ;)

Wish enjoy a lot with your well deserved harvest!

Hey there!

I also grew some Auto MxNL this year. They mostly took about 13-14 weeks to finish!

My experiences are as they follow.

The line seems to be more uniform than F3 ofcourse. I still managed to point on different phenos (in total i had 4 plants). None of them are really "sativa" or "ruderalis"...they are all on point of being a hybrid.

Bigbud pheno which grows about 150-180cm in height if given the chance. Buds are quite tight when growing although sativa presence is noticable when you dry them (they become a bit fluffy). Big big yielder! This is the one with the bottle. I think i had one more like this one but she started to mold heavily because she was a bit on the shady part of the garden. She had really tight buds which proved to be undesirable for my conditions. This pheno otherwise starts out as a "nep jam columnar" structure and then branches out. Branches will break if you don't support them.

Foxtail sexy pheno. Grows rather big (150-180cm) and produces very aromatic buds. They are not very big nor small...not very tight also. But when you dry them they don't loose their structure. This is my favourite pheno. Easy to grow, very managable as it drops a lot of leaves and creates space for a lot of airflow. I think this will be the most tasty pheno.

Airy pheno. Doesn't really branch into a sphere...tends to grow into a more vertical structure. Very sturdy- mine was attacked heavily with aphides but managed to flower just fine. She was in the "worst" part of the garden regarding the sun. Buds are big, very sativa like, rounded into a ball. Aromatic. Not the biggest yielder.

Bigbud pheno and Foxtail sexy pheno provided me with huge yields. These automatics can be classified as "super auto's" for sure. I can't express how surrprised i am.

Airy pheno photos
View Image View Image View Image

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Hi RandyCalifornia,

Glad you are growing one this season. There are plenty of smoke reports on Auto Malawi x NL on this thread from independent growers. Our description of the effects of the strain are also accurate and well explained in our official description of the strain.

Auto Malawi x NL doesn't produce the overpowering effects of our non auto flowering Malawi Killer and hybrids, but sure delivers very well balanced and pleasant sativa/indica effects, some sativa phenos produce surprising sativa effects for an auto.

All these autos look beautiful, I have my first auto looking good, it was a freebe but it's nice size and smelling nice. I just am suspect of how strong the smoke will be, being only half WLD/NLD and the rest Rudi.
Is there somewhere on IC that has smoke tests? Have you guy's tried any of the smoke from these plants?

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Welcome RizlaMan and thank you very much for your positive feedback on the strain, much appreciated ;)

I ordered a 5 pack during the half price Black Friday sale in November. I have 2 seeds to two different people and kept 2 seeds. We dont compile evidence against ourselves as where we live we are not afforded the same liberty others here have.

With all that said. This stuff is potent. It is better than 'reggie' and as good as some 'kush' that goes around on the black market. It is not schwag nor is it ditchweed level potency. You won't be disappointed. Enjoy the harvest of your beautiful plants.

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
What a development on yours Yukon friend :D

Your updates are a great proof of how big and well developed can get our Auto Malawi x NL if planted directly in soil and when grown with good cares to their best potential.
Looks like yours will be some of the biggest we are going to see this season :)

Best wishes for the rest of the flowering!

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Looks and sounds delicious friend :yummy:

Hope we can meet again in person this fall to enjoy this one and other wonders ;)

Smoke
Thick, flavourful.

Taste
Sweet nice spicy-woody “turkish” body with honeylicious hazey overtones on inhale that get thicker, deliciously bold cinnamon on exhale.

Effect: Malawi-dominated density. Really good potency for heavy users. Introspective. Enhanced sight. Exciting. It owns you.

Pheno:
My plants were on the balanced side with respect to indica / sativa pheno leaning. Mid-sized Xmas-tree structure with huge, easy to see crystals (thichomes).

View Image

RandyCalifornia

Well endowed member
Veteran
Well, I saw a bit of botrytis on my auto plant, just a tiny bit but was enough to say it's done.
I also have quick dried and tasted my plant and I have to say I am blown away by how good it is. First off it was a freebie seed I got with an order. Kannabia Special Auto I think was the name. In 20 gallon pot grew 5' tall and every branch was a thick cola so I got some good weight off of her.
The smoke is Very strong and Very piney, smooth and delicious. The high is also very strong, and positive, no crash comedown. I love it. The best thing is it was so easy to grow. I can see where these auto herbs are going to be big in popularity.
Dubi are you going to have fresh Auto seeds for next spring? A good sativa leaning Zamal would be nice. I will definitely be growing more auto outdoors next year, they allow flowering to begin in August during the warmest part of summer and finish by early September before the air gets damp.
I have 16-20 week sativas indoors to satisfy my long love fore those land race, hazy highs and flavors and outdoors I can grow quick flowering tasty hybrids. Best of both worlds.
It's gonna be fun this winter smoking that auto and looking for more good Autos for next spring outdoor.

YukonKronic

Well, I saw a bit of botrytis on my auto plant, just a tiny bit but was enough to say it's done.
I also have quick dried and tasted my plant and I have to say I am blown away by how good it is. First off it was a freebie seed I got with an order. Kannabia Special Auto I think was the name. In 20 gallon pot grew 5' tall and every branch was a thick cola so I got some good weight off of her.
The smoke is Very strong and Very piney, smooth and delicious. The high is also very strong, and positive, no crash comedown. I love it. The best thing is it was so easy to grow. I can see where these auto herbs are going to be big in popularity.
Dubi are you going to have fresh Auto seeds for next spring? A good sativa leaning Zamal would be nice. I will definitely be growing more auto outdoors next year, they allow flowering to begin in August during the warmest part of summer and finish by early September before the air gets damp.
I have 16-20 week sativas indoors to satisfy my long love fore those land race, hazy highs and flavors and outdoors I can grow quick flowering tasty hybrids. Best of both worlds.
It's gonna be fun this winter smoking that auto and looking for more good Autos for next spring outdoor.

You can order Auto Zamaldelica through R&D section at ACE... I’ve only grown one but it’s got the smell and the structure of Zam so much so that I’m really looking forward to trying the smoke... Dubi has also mentioned an Auto Panama in the works among other things...

Koondense

Veteran
Had a visit at nanny's balcony :)
Forgot to bring scissors and gloves, my hands were sticky and smelled dangerously good and loud.
This autoflower hybrid is a winner, luckily I got another one going.

picture.php

Cheers

Bleiweis

Veteran
Koon this is the best pheno! At least in my garden...very tasty, nice smelling and with a very pleasant effect.

YukonKronic

This is big yielding hybrid pheno... just amazing. Straight up caramel apple smell heavier on the apple/pear side.
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php

Lol still a few days old pic... I’ll get more soon. It’s getting frostier and swelling to ridiculous proportions.
Tall pheno has started flowering like a bomb going off too. It folded several branches I had to tie back up. Unfortunately all the more Malawi dom plants are throwing nanners but I don’t see much for pollination and I already knew my soil was high in N so I’m not too hurt.

Dr.King

Veteran
Started 2 Auto Malawi's under a 600 Watt led dual COB. Had to re-pop another one because the first one fail to germinate because the shell was so hard and didn't realize until it was to late. Never the less the second one is only 4 days behide and they are looking healthy. Since I'm growing in coco and using Advanced nutrients I will slowly up my grow A+B fed. They will also be getting Sensizym Organic, B-52 and Cal/Mag during Veg. Also started a Auto Zamal.

Malawi #1 day 10 or so got her first dose of nutrients at .5 ml's a L, 7 or so hours ago and is already starting to grow. She was starting to fade a little. Happy growing as always.

tQdIaHv.jpg

Malawi #2 is day 4 or 5 and looking good.

YXyidJ0.jpg

Koondense

Veteran
Hey YukonK,

are sure those are really autoflowers? Damn man, the colas look so impressive and still have to fill up, amazing plant!

I just had a dried sample bud from my outdoor plant and was impressed with the smell and effect, she's strong but needs some curing to burn better. My friend is still a rookie so didn't do a proper drying, still good enough to burn a test joint.

The effect is a bit disorienting and has some of the ruderalis character in it but honestly I'd not draw conclusions yet. Overall the best autoflower plant so far.

Cheers

Dr.King

Veteran
Greetings all, another update. They seem to be growing fast I guess. One is on day 18 or 20 and the other is on day 13 or 14. The bigger one is at 1 ml a l right now. The smaller one was at .5 ml a l. Just gave the smaller one 1 ml a l so she will start growing more. All three including the Zamal got Great White instead of using Voodoo or the normal AN products that help with roots as I heard it was much better and in powder forum. Don't have to worry about mold in the future in the products. We'll see if it does increase the growth rate and help with plant health. Also bought a Co2 bag for my room that's in the top left corner of the picture. Used those before with pretty good results. Happy growing all.

Km6AZhu.jpg

YukonKronic

I’ve got to edit and post more pics but I did get quite a bit of not quite mature very crystally weed from my late season start. I learned quite a lot and anticipate a much better result next season.
I ended up making water hash with most of my harvest... got a couple golf balls of 70-120 micron hash. I think I would have gotten more if I had gone with a solvent based extraction due to the number of immature trichomes that probably didn’t break off and sink as easily.
In any case it’s pretty damn heady hash! Little dust of hash crumbs adds a strong sativa lift to anything your smoking :biggrin:

Dr.King

Veteran
Update on my Malawi's. Figured I would wait a bit till they grew up a little more to post a update instead of just posting more of the same pictures lol. Increased the nutrients for veg the last two doses to max strength which is 4ml's per L. Doesn't seem to be burning them at all which is great to see. I saw others only staying at max 2ml's per L max so figured I would max it one dose to see what would happen and she grew just fine.

Malawi #1 is at 19 inches tall. Malawi #2 is at 12 inches tall, she got started a few days after. Both got LST'd a few times. Now to my question. I'm wondering if these Malawi's are in there flowering stage or not. Never grown Auto's so I would like to hear some input on it to know if I should stop my veg nutrients. I wouldn't think the Malawi #2 would be flowering so already as she is only a foot tall. Than again I know Sativa's can double or triple in flowering. All options welcome. Thanks and happy growing all.

Both Malawi's

TIF5kCA.jpg

Malawi #1 Top is it flowering? This one kinda looks like it is to me.

8xqwroR.jpg

Malawi #2 Top is it flowering as well?

vhjKAtT.jpg

Latest posts

Latest posts