What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Clones for Sale

hamstring

Veteran
I knew that would get some attention I didn't say it would be all good though.

So I have never grown with anyone never showed a single person anything even remotely related to weed let alone a grow location even on a map, never.
I don't grow indoors all growing takes place in the bush seed to harvest because Im not in a legal state and I'm over 50 and not moving anywhere.

I know there are special phenos in any strain and once a guerrilla finds a strain that meets his harvest time, structure ( very important), mold resistance and now with the right pheno you also get consistent taste and potency.

So why cant a guerrilla have some good smoke because its a bunch of work out there in the bush to bring home 5 phenos in 10 plants and none of them are the text book representation of the strain.

Ok so please excuse my ignorance but can a guerrilla have someone else grow, pick phenos , and clones out of a strain I have chosen.
Then I have a real winner for my enviroment or at least thats he thought.

I assumed and have researched and found that clones can be bought both in CO and CA but CA has the better selection.

I have yet to see anyone allowing me to pick the strain and they do the rest for me. Im assuming this is not done commercially because they would have to always house the mother plant and that takes space & energy much like having a pet you always have to take care of it?

N

NewAgeGenetics

professional growers have their favourite clones or just one... they can't imagine a season without these money maker cuts. you can steal a garden of weed, who cares, but if you steal my clones... that sux.

hamstring

Veteran
NewAgeGenetics
I wasn't planning on steeling any clones or weed. I think I understand what you mean is your clones are very important.

There are breeders that grow and sell clones in many states but my limited understanding is that most of these clones are strains that are breed for indoors.

I was wondering if anyone has approached these breeders/growers to grow strains that do well outdoors and asked them to pheno hunt and provide clones? I wont let this thread drag on too long because it would seem the answer is NO.

Your pool of customers probably goes way down when talking about outdoor strains because there are way more indoor growers.

N

NewAgeGenetics

OK, I didn't understand your point. lol

of course there are a lots of "indoor" (strains) clones what excellent for outdoor. you should try some to find out which you like. I also tested around 50 strains from shops and found some really nice selections what great for outdoors. different shops sells different selections of the same strain usually.

cravin morehead

Veteran
hamstring- check out Ace seeds. most of their offerings have been worked to provide only a couple phenos and they can help you out with when they'll finish up based on your latitude. most of them are land race sativas with some indica to make them more manageable. they offer feminized seeds too. check them out here in the vendors section. good luck, good growing

cm

ps, I ve seen Dubi from Ace personally answer many specific questions about everything they sell. Excellent customer service and reputation

Last edited:

paper thorn

Veteran
great clickbait title

hope you find what you're looking for

Ace may have great strains, but there you are from seed with unknowns, doing a mom hunt maybe.
you need to go to Cali or Co and get a clone or two. Might depend on when your growing season ends in your locale, but there should be something that would be perfect that you can find.

i'm in a med state, but so far have not heard of adispensary that sells clones, even though there are caregivers and patients with 'authorized to cultivate' on their cards.

hamstring

Veteran
paperthorn
This is the type of feedback I was hoping for. I think it was TomHill that told the virtues of a good pheno and i.e. a clone.
As a guerrilla grower I didn't want to hear that because seeds blow away clones when it comes to security.

As stated before I dont grow anything indoors notta, nothing. Been doing this for longer than many people have been alive .
I'm not growing huge weight and so not looking for a commercial strain where you are not concerned so much about quality. I want head stash and growing from seeds is a crap shoot.

I dont want to piss off breeders here because I respect their skills but I have grown strains like LA CON several times from the same breeder and have had results all over the board as far as taste and potency. Sometimes they dont even seem like the same strain. At its best this is very potent strain with a hashy taste. This year grew out 20 of these and all were very skunky ok potency and no hashy taste at all not the LA Con I was expecting or looking for. Was it good weed sure but not LA CON and if you know the strain you know what I mean.

I have to believe the same guy isn't making seeds for these companies every time and different folks come up with different qualities in my opinion.

Clones are going to give that consistency that seed don't.

FirstTracks

natural medicator
Veteran
If you want consistent seeds, ya gotta make them yourself. Tricky when guerilla growing, as you probably know already.

Seems like it would be riskier driving state to state with clones than growing a couple moms in a stealth cab. keep the plant count low. airlayer to get clones when you're a few weeks out.

Lester Beans

Frequent Flyer
Veteran
What you are looking for is a stable strain, produces near identical plants from seed. This was normal years ago but todays strains are not worked like they used to be. Some are not even tested.

I like the Ace recommendation, they seem to be pretty uniform and well worked.

Another good one is Seedsman. Their White Widow feminized seed was very uniform. Same as the Cheese. I have some cheese just entering flower now and they all look very much alike.

That is strange about the LA CON, after the strain has been around so long, one would expect to find most plants similar.

Clones will not help you if you can't keep a mother.

Looking forward to others recommendations.

Cheers

N

NewAgeGenetics

I grew the LA CON in 2015 from fem seeds, it wasn't skunk, from 6 seeds germinated 3 and 1 was totally the same like on it's advert picture... (3 from 6 maybe it was an old pack? lol)

cravin morehead

Veteran
Just adding to Ace info. You can get very well worked Feminized seeds from them. Hint, go to their website to order. Aceseeds.org. You will always get a few extra seeds in each pack. And if you order enough, you can pick the freebie strains they throw in. Email questions directly to them and actually recieve an educated prompt response. I ve heard of people sending pics of their plants and getting personal advice on their grows and plants. By far the best customer service in the industry, that I've come across.

Cm

Kygiacomo!!!

AppAlachiAn OutLaW
hamstring- check out Ace seeds. most of their offerings have been worked to provide only a couple phenos and they can help you out with when they'll finish up based on your latitude. most of them are land race sativas with some indica to make them more manageable. they offer feminized seeds too. check them out here in the vendors section. good luck, good growing

cm

ps, I ve seen Dubi from Ace personally answer many specific questions about everything they sell. Excellent customer service and reputation
i agree with this. Ace seeds is super stable or at least the strains i have grew from them was

hamstring

Veteran
If you want consistent seeds, ya gotta make them yourself. Tricky when guerilla growing, as you probably know already.

Seems like it would be riskier driving state to state with clones than growing a couple moms in a stealth cab. keep the plant count low. airlayer to get clones when you're a few weeks out.

This is a good point because security is job one for me thats why I have tapping the keys here at ICMAG for so long rule no 1. I keep banging my head about this it gets frustrating.

hamstring

Veteran
What you are looking for is a stable strain, produces near identical plants from seed. This was normal years ago but todays strains are not worked like they used to be. Some are not even tested.

Thanks for the feedback much appreciated and I am never surprised because I have had the same thing with other strains that are well know and well worked. I have no idea how these breeders work all I can do is speak from experience.

hamstring

Veteran
Hey brother I'm unsure if I will run anything. I have been a guerrilla for over 25years and have never missed a season but this year I may take a break.

Good luck to you this year.

Wolfshadoe

HS...

I completely understand..LOL...Takes one to truly know one...

Sounds to me you "could" "mite">>>would save many ppl in your area time ,money ect by purchasing a "bonifide" just busting to grow clones:biggrin:.also acclimated by "sage" GG'er for fair market value..

I'm with ya!!! I'm over 50..35 of them GG'ing..We getting too old to stomp the bush. Good idea:)..Hell givem the bakers dozen special.
BTW..I have done exactly that with success....
good luck.. <ws>

hamstring

Veteran
HS...

I completely understand..LOL...Takes one to truly know one...

Sounds to me you "could" "mite">>>would save many ppl in your area time ,money ect by purchasing a "bonifide" just busting to grow clones:biggrin:.also acclimated by "sage" GG'er for fair market value..

I'm with ya!!! I'm over 50..35 of them GG'ing..We getting too old to stomp the bush. Good idea:)..Hell givem the bakers dozen special.
BTW..I have done exactly that with success....
good luck.. <ws>

hey WS thanks for the words of wisdom. Nice to see another guerrilla over 50 still kicking it hard. Yeah I threw down 40 plants last season and its not easy I'm telling you.

One of these days this old guerrilla is going to have a in-doe show but still cant see that light at the end of the tunnel yet.:tiphat: