What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Snype's Cloning Formula For Root Nubs In 3 Days!

Mate Dave

Propagator
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Snype - Have you applied this cloning science of yours to cloning in coco-coir?

Do you clone this way for your soil garden and if so why?

Do you find this technique more cost affective or less labour intensive than standard striking of cuttings into media?

What are you opinions on rooting into a medium?

Those are impressive root formations Snype - I personally have plants growing within a week in Canna Coco using the Canna nutrients, applying the sterility and precision that you advise on environmental conditions and controlling 'dew point' using no hormones and only the freshest of meristematic tissue involved in the propagation. I have never needed bleach or superthrive ever.

What is it that the superthrive brings to your pre-charge that the floro and micro don't contain, is it the (NAA)??

I did extensive research on root formations in various mediums in multiple environments at college as my investigative project Snype. Science based - not bro science, I like the way you think and I like the science you use.

My research concluded that coco-coir was the most superior medium for propagation of the types I tested offering the most versatility and optimization of the rootzone while controlling above and below propagation medium temperature and humidity giving the most extensive root nodules and results with limited plain pH'd tapwater.

I would find it hard to beat my results with your technique because of the costs and equipments involved Snype though I will try it immediately because the homogeneous root formations produced with the method you use is something special.

As I see it there is downtime and pot up time to contend with.

My experience with aero cloning is that its is a PITA. I find the plants are not as adapted to the growing conditions ahead of them and can't be forced as fast as I want them to grow, therefore I propagate them in the environment that they are to be grown in.

I should think that I can get roots in 4 days on most cannabis plants using Canna coco and pH'd water at 5.8 in 3/4" cells.

I prefer striking cannabis in jiffy 7's Snype as I have a higher returns from less maintenance and effort and I don't have to prepare anything! They're plug and Play!

How have you tried to propagate or how did you do it before Snype?

Last edited:

siftedunity

cant re Member
Veteran
Ive used 2ml per gallon of bloom nutes for a while ph'ed to 5.7. apparently higher nitrogen mixes slows rooting whilst the bloom nutes encourage rooting.

Snype

Veteran
Do you specifically prefer EZ Clone 60 for any design or just any EZ Clone that is adequate size for ones needs?
The EZ Clone company has a newer model now that I think is made poorly. I wouldnt buy one. I woulnt know what to get now. Even with the older model, i changed out all of the pumps. It was only a good shell.

Last edited:

paperchaser825

The EZ Clone company has a newer model now that I think is made poorly. I wouldnt by one. I woulnt know what to get now. Even with the older model, i changed out all of the pumps. It was only a good shell.

I replicate the basic design in a 5 gallon Lowe's bucket, only because certain bucket lids have been the only "shells" that have not leaked from the "tops".

Basic design is, I believe, 350gph mag drive submersible pump, some 1/2" pvc and fittings, and the misters.

Holes need to be drilled in the pvc for the misters and then the misters are screwed into these holes. :ying:

Snype

Veteran
Snype - Have you applied this cloning science of yours to cloning in coco-coir?
Ive never got into coco.
Do you clone this way for your soil garden and if so why?
I clone in Rockwool Mini-Blocks with no rooting products. Just micro and bloom.
Do you find this technique more cost affective or less labour intensive than standard striking of cuttings into media?
not sure what you mean, it cost less than 50 cents per clone.
What are you opinions on rooting into a medium?
When a clone is important, it goes into a medium, not cloner. Personally I like rockwool but I have used it for almost 20 years. Hard to lose a cutting in them.
Those are impressive root formations Snype - I personally have plants growing within a week in Canna Coco using the Canna nutrients, applying the sterility and precision that you advise on environmental conditions and controlling 'dew point' using no hormones and only the freshest of meristematic tissue involved in the propagation. I have never needed bleach or superthrive ever.
Sounds like you know what you are doing.
What is it that the superthrive brings to your pre-charge that the floro and micro don't contain, is it the (NAA)??
I would assume NAA but you know more testing is needed to say for sure.

I did extensive research on root formations in various mediums in multiple environments at college as my investigative project Snype. Science based - not bro science, I like the way you think and I like the science you use.

My research concluded that coco-coir was the most superior medium for propagation of the types I tested offering the most versatility and optimization of the rootzone while controlling above and below propagation medium temperature and humidity giving the most extensive root nodules and results with limited plain pH'd tapwater.
I must try coco sometime. Sounds nice.
I would find it hard to beat my results with your technique because of the costs and equipments involved Snype though I will try it immediately because the homogeneous root formations produced with the method you use is something special.

As I see it there is downtime and pot up time to contend with.

My experience with aero cloning is that its is a PITA. I find the plants are not as adapted to the growing conditions ahead of them and can't be forced as fast as I want them to grow, therefore I propagate them in the environment that they are to be grown in.
I find different. Maybe you need more experience and better conditions.
I should think that I can get roots in 4 days on most cannabis plants using Canna coco and pH'd water at 5.8 in 3/4" cells.
Not me unless im using ST. It takes me 5 more days without it.
I prefer striking cannabis in jiffy 7's Snype as I have a higher returns from less maintenance and effort and I don't have to prepare anything! They're plug and Play!

How have you tried to propagate or how did you do it before Snype?
Not sure I understand the question.
In bold

Thachrizzy

Real nice information for sure. Thank you!

Funny how there is so much focus right now on using microbes to help with root formation...yet your methods here and with your bloom/micro/bleach speak for themselves.

Funny thing is that I work in R&D and have seen the lab results of the original H&G Roots Exccelurator...and that product was a systemic fungicide!

Other than the bleach I have always fed my plants with a bloom solution (bloom/micro) at 1.0 EC...and have always had great results. Had to do this back in the day when there were no hydro stores with all of these fancy rooting products.

TC

B

BrnCow

One guy I know in Co. takes a 12 gallon tote and rigs it with pump and 1/2" pvc with nozzles, cuts a bunch of 2" holes in the top and puts those 2" foam hydro plugs in it, sticks the clone down the center hole and turns it on. Not sure what he uses as juice but I know it has ph'd RO.

Thachrizzy

@snype

Are the application rates found below per gallon, or per 10 gallons? The way I read it is per 10 gallons.

TC

Before I place any cuttings into the cloner, I make sure that the cloner is 100% sterile. If it is not, I give 6 treatments of Erythromycin for 6 days. Once my treatments are done and my cloner is rinsed out real well, I place new sprayers, tubing and neoprene and add 10 Gallons of tap water to the cloner.

After I add 10 Gallons of tap water, I add:

20 mL General Hydroponic FloraMicro
30 mL General Hydroponic FloraBloom
3 mL SuperTHRIVE
0.5 mL Clorox Bleach

trichrider

Kiss My Ring
Veteran
some insane rootage there brother snype...
i've never seen root development so extremely viral.
maybe i could learn something here!(other than superthrive has organics???)

can the gh nutrients be substituted? and is the superthrive necessary? iyo?

everything else (temps, light) are within variance.

fact is i've never seen root nubs in 72 hrs and if you can do it...so can we!

Thanks for putting this bug in my ear.

Snype

Veteran
@snype

Are the application rates found below per gallon, or per 10 gallons? The way I read it is per 10 gallons.

TC

10 Gal

some insane rootage there brother snype...
i've never seen root development so extremely viral.
maybe i could learn something here!(other than superthrive has organics???)

can the gh nutrients be substituted? and is the superthrive necessary? iyo?

everything else (temps, light) are within variance.

fact is i've never seen root nubs in 72 hrs and if you can do it...so can we!

Thanks for putting this bug in my ear.
The GH nutes can be substituted. You dont need to add the ST but if you change my formula, dont expect to see root nubs in 3 days.

siftedunity

cant re Member
Veteran
thanks for info snype I think its good to have more than one back up method for rooting clones in case you come across difficulties. Ive been rooting in rockwool for years and I find that really simple, the worst thing ive tried are the root riot plugs. cant stand them.

somerandom

Snype , Thanks for sharing I'm going to try your method when the time comes , I just need to do a little math for 2.5-3 GAL.
Your results speak for themselves but i was under the impression that clones couldn't absorb nutes until they grew roots ? I know i read this somewhere.