What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Rick Simpson Oil Production - How's it Done?

mpd

Lammen Gorthaur
Veteran
Help a brother out. Anyone know how this oil is made? I need an in-depth TEK on it, if you please.
:thank you:

Hydro-Soil

Veteran
Use ethanol.

5-10 minute wash.

Boil off the alcohol, with a still if you have it.

You can use it as-is or you can heat activate it at 250f for 15-20 minutes. Read up on Gray Wolf's threads... excellent source of info there.

Stay Safe! :blowbubbles:

Timboman

Hey guys, I boiled out the everclear using a slow cooker, but ny RSO is stuck to the pot. Is it because my temp is too high or too low? I do not have a heat gun just yet, but any broad info would be great. Thanks

XXX_710

Use a double boiler setup to avoid overheating it

Use a double boiler setup to avoid overheating it

Hey guys, I boiled out the everclear using a slow cooker, but ny RSO is stuck to the pot. Is it because my temp is too high or too low? I do not have a heat gun just yet, but any broad info would be great. Thanks

"RSO" should be the consistency of grease when finished. My guess is you overheated it, for too long or too hot. If it doesn't turn back to grease when heated slightly, then it's probably toast. Look into ways to evaporate that everclear low and slow.

I suggest you don't use toxic solvents to extract, as you are not a chemist and cannot be sure of their purge. Everclear is, at least, edible if left behind! QWET