What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Purple/Mossy's Jem!!

Mr.P

Just wanted to show my progress with my AFs!

They are about 28 days old... Check out the one on the right, shes getting huge!

Special thanks to Mossy for making this wonderful strain, its been a pleasure to grow thus far! You are a true artist!! :artist:

Mr.P

Attachments

• Picture 010.jpg
    Picture 010.jpg
    36.2 KB · Views: 21
  • Picture 016.jpg
    Picture 016.jpg
    58.3 KB · Views: 18
  • Picture 018.jpg
    Picture 018.jpg
    38.9 KB · Views: 18

sackoweed

I took anger management already!!!! FUCK!!!
Veteran
P
Howzit they are looking very nice looks like yer off to a great start.. I have a lone jem growing atm. called ICU i have never grown an AF before so when i started it with a couple other crosses they all popped at the same time and the AF was short and looking like it was not doing anything, but i forgot duh its a AF so they are shorter and take a bit longer it seems.. Anyhow she now is looking great... More pics soon on my thread. great work peace..

sackO

M

mossy

BEAUTIFUL Mr.P..
they are in Great condition..you obviously have an AF hand. :good:

I'm assuming that is hydro..AF's just Love hydro..
my M8 continually outgrows me with AF's in his hydro set-up.

I may have to give it a try myself this season.

I Love to gaze at well grown girls...:thank you:

Speed & Safety with them..

i have never grown an AF before
ha ha sackO..you never said you were an AF virgin...:muahaha:
To grow them is to Love them..

L

lowrydergrower

Wow they are looking great, if I may ask what nutes are you using?

anonamix

Looks great bro, thanks for sharing. So much bigger and bushier than my purp jems. Whats the lighting they are under?

Mr.P

BEAUTIFUL Mr.P..
they are in Great condition..you obviously have an AF hand. :good:

I'm assuming that is hydro..AF's just Love hydro..
my M8 continually outgrows me with AF's in his hydro set-up..

Hiya mossy! Your imput means a lot, thanks for the encouragement.
:tiphat:
Yes, it is hydro, a dwc system I rigged up for the winter months. Im very happy with the results its producing.
Lately I have been giving them a lot of attention because the big girl is starting to blow up with hairs, and the color is starting to show more. I'll be sure to post some more pics in a couple days, for now I have exclusive time with my ladys. :watchplant:

lowrydergrower,
Im using PBP bontanicare, im a big fan of their liquid karma and like the fact that its organic. Im am able to push them to the max with feeding with little to any burn. They seem to be quite the feeders, and their root systems are impressivly large.

Mr.P

Looking good, I hope you get some nice color soon. Are you able to get a temperature drop at night?

Jake

Yep, temps go down to mid 60's at night. Should make for some good color... Shes showing a deep dark purple at the bud sights right now.

#1cheesebuds

Veteran
wsup auto dude they looken very very good.:)

I wish I had known about better auto strains back when I bought the origenal lowryder #1 some 2 years ago.
:(

anonamix

Yep, temps go down to mid 60's at night. Should make for some good color... Shes showing a deep dark purple at the bud sights right now.

How good of a chance to I have seein purple with these?
I have 1 fem under cfl, but its stays warm over night.. At least til i give in to turning on the AC.
I have the PURPLE Jem.. and was wondering if anyone has grown it green. Im sure there has been. but Im realy hoping for color. Do I need cooler temps? Or will this just add to color's intensity?

I have some purple jem males outside and the a few bulbs on the top are starting to pop up with a nice and vibrant purple little bulbs. a few nodes lower the bulbs are longer and hanging with weight.. how long you guys think til pollen drops?

Anywho.. Lookin good! Thanks for sharing
Please keep us updated on the progress :tiphat:

Mr.P

How good of a chance to I have seein purple with these?
I have 1 fem under cfl, but its stays warm over night.. At least til i give in to turning on the AC.
I have the PURPLE Jem.. and was wondering if anyone has grown it green. Im sure there has been. but Im realy hoping for color. Do I need cooler temps? Or will this just add to color's intensity?

I am sure you will see purple in your JEMS no matter what the tempurature, but I am also sure that vibrancy is affected with lower temps. Not specific to P.JEMS, purple in plants can be affected by many different factors including light, definicencys (potassium?), and genetics. When in flowering, and during the fall season, chlorophyll (what makes plants green) breaks down significantly which makes the anthocyanin (purple) more visable.. especially in the buds. To imitate this process indoors you would simply have to lower temps and shorten light periods accordingly. That being said, Purple Jems are crossed specificly to produce the purple phenotype that is so highly sought after. Mossy also had variations of the JEM that included green and white phenos. So my advice would be to not change anything in your grow JUST to be able to get a better purple, in the end its all about the smoke and the yeild. Just focus on the plants primary needs and they'll reward you for it.

Mr.P

marmarb

lookin good mr p much respect dont wanna jack your thread i do have a question for you as im currently growing 6 of these and two have shown sex both males the others nothing yet i know pics will help so ima go take some shots and return with my questions

uptosumpn

Veteran
OMG! I finally found a thread with some Purple Jems!!! Subscibed!!!!
Got mine about a month ago! but currently growing Auto Ak47, LR2 & White Dwarf....doing a stagger crop, so will start these soon! Cant' wait to see what these look like when finished!

M

mossy

Mr.P....any updates.....:tiphat:

Does your system allow you to have a peak at the ROOTS..?
I am always absolutely stunned seeing AF roots in hydro.
3-4 times the size of the plant.

I am sure you will see purple in your JEMS no matter what the tempurature
:good:

Have a great weekend m8...:joint:

Latest posts

Latest posts