What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

400W C13 grows- how to increase yield?

I can get about 150 grams per grow out of my C13 under a 400W HPS lamp. I get the same result with 1 plant in SCROG or 2 plants, no SCROG, grown in Waterfarms.

This comes to .375 grams per watt, which is somewhat decent, but I'm looking to boost it to .5-1 gram per watt, if possible.

What else could I do to increase yield?

Remember, the grow footprint is 24"x30"x60"

pinecone

Sativa Tamer
Veteran
What else could I do to increase yield

Seems like one of the things with C13s and water farm type systems is that they only fit 2 buckets. Honestly, growing more, smaller plants out might be the solution. I've had numerous soil grows in my C13 above 200g, but always with 4 plants. I wonder if it is possible to find containers that would work as DWC buckets are small enough for 4 to fit in a C13.

CO2 is probably doesn't satisfy any cost-benefit criteria given the high frequency with which the cab needs to be exhausted.

Pine

Honestly, growing more, smaller plants out might be the solution. I've had numerous soil grows in my C13 above 200g, but always with 4 plants.
Pine

For 200g grows, I'd go back to soil grows! You have any grow diaries I could take a look at?

If not, mind telling me the size containers you used, how many plants you grew and how high you grew them? Also, did you do any SCROG, FIM or bondage?

pinecone

Sativa Tamer
Veteran
For 200g grows, I'd go back to soil grows! You have any grow diaries I could take a look at?

If not, mind telling me the size containers you used, how many plants you grew and how high you grew them? Also, did you do any SCROG, FIM or bondage?

The diary in my sig is the only one I have. I only had 3 plants from seed and they didn't yield great.

I've had best results with 4 trained plants on a 6-8 week veg from seed. I usually finish in 3.8 gallon nursery containers. Most plants finish in the 20" to 30" inch range.

Pinecone

Jnugg

Veteran
In soil,under a 400w HPS in a C-13 I was getting around the same results of about 150g for 2 plants non scrog,just supercropped/LST.

I think a 1 plant scrog with the right strain I can pull atleast 8oz. hopefully more like 10-12oz though but a HP every 60 days or a 1/4lb every 30 days wouldn't be too bad still = a .56g/watt ratio and 10oz every 60 days = .7g/watt ratio (now were talking about efficiency!) and 12oz every 60 days = .84g/watt ratio,although I think 8-10oz every 60 days is a more realistisc harvest in a C-13.

Yeah, I've *heard* of people saying they have gotten 8 ounces per grow out of a C13, but have not seen any grow diaries supporting those claims.

Anyone out there with a grow log getting 8+ ounces per grow in a C13?

Jnugg

Veteran
I know there was a thread someone started here a while back....they were growing one Serious Seeds Chronic plant SCRoG style and using a 400w HPS in a 3 x 3 or 1 square meter and he harvested 1lb...

Here's the link:

400w HPS Scrog - 1 Plant - 450gr Harvest

Looks like he was using a homemade cab that is slightly larger than a C-13 (measures 24" x 30" or 2' x 2.5') where his cab looks to be 2' x 3' or 3' x 3'.

If he can harvest 450gr from one plant under one 400w HPS I know I can pull atleast 8 zips from one to two plants scrog style in my C-13 under a 400w A/C HPS and I'm sure you can too.

pinecone

Sativa Tamer
Veteran
Yeah, I've *heard* of people saying they have gotten 8 ounces per grow out of a C13, but have not seen any grow diaries supporting those claims.

Anyone out there with a grow log getting 8+ ounces per grow in a C13?

These are pictures from my first C13 harvest back in 2005. There was a grow diary for this grow on OG. I ended up with over 7oz with just the tops, with the highest yielding plant coming in at 71g. Subsequent to this first C14 grow, I had some seed grows that yielded better this first one, but I never bothered to do a grow log...and now I'm probably not even bothering to weigh anything out.

Pine

The entire harvest in the cab.

Separate shots of each plant weighted out

The entire harvest.

With clones it should be easy to get to 8oz+ with a high degree of consistency. In a seed pack the best female plants might produce more than double what the best females do, so you definitely have to get lucky or start with very stable high yielding genetics.

I'm growing perpetually now and just using the C13 for flowering so I'm not that focused on yields. I've run lots of individual plant selections that would yield well over 2oz with 4 per c13 (the C992 weighted out above being one example). This Reeferman Seeds Red Congolese weighed above 3oz and only took up 25% of the C13 footprint.

I have high hopes for the Kali Mist I'm growing now. 6 weeks into flowering it looks to be a big yeilder that doesn't require much vertical room to grow.

Thanks for the info, pinecone.

It seems I have 2 limiting factors:

1) I am growing start to finish in the C13
2) I am growing from seed, no clones

My space is limited and I don't want to turn my place into a grow op in which I live. Rather, I'd like to live in a place which has a grow op. :)

So, does anyone else out there in ICMag land have any other experience getting better yields in a C13?

Chronic is a good yielder and good smoke. My next seed purchase will be chronic and kali mist. Right now im growing skunk 1. Its still vegging but very dense and hearty bush. Nice pine scent. Looks like a good yielder and nice smoke. Using a 400w hps at 18hrs a day. Anouther 2-3 weeks will cut back to 12/12.

Latest posts

Latest posts